Part of Sid Cahuenga's at Disney's Hollywood Studios to become a MyMagic+ service center

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
PS: you always start from the bottom...and honda,acuras get such a bad rep because of fanboys and there JDM crapola...

but im glad your job title is stomp on kids without vetts and porches.

By bottom you mean basement? Civic are crumple tin cans that are death traps on streets and even more so on a tracks.

And thanks! I enjoy it, reality that is.

tl77

I'd put it this way if one of your friends was about to go out of the house on a date looking terrible, you'd say something, right? Or what if you were married and you saw your partner get addicted to alcohol, you'd probably say something, right? Basically, it's an intrinsic aspect of love to care enough to use your critical thinking and mention when something isn't right, or when you feel someone/thing is making a harmful mistake ...

Honestly, those who accept everything with zero ounce of critical thinking ... I'm not sure what they are, but that's not real/reality. I harp on Lou but at least we know that his lack of criticism in any form or critical thinking is for a reason, he is getting paid ... why do others do it? I'll put on my psychology hat for a moment and just assume that the people who blindly defend or embrace these sort of ploys/mistakes by Disney (like the band shirts) just want to buy into the utopia feeling that Disney tries to sell, they need Disney to be 100% perfect so as to escape into that fantasy.

So my point is this ... we are all fans because why else would we be on the message board in the first place (obviously expect for the paid brand advocates and corporate spies that patrol the boards), BUT the fans are broken into two segments, depending on internally what drives you?

So what kind of fan are you ... realist or fantasist?

Maybe instead of "realist or fantasist" the choice should be "optimist or pessimist". Because I can admit that there are many things about WDW that are no where near as good as the used to be, EPCOT Future World for example just makes me sad now, so much so that I don't even like going to FW anymore, but I still enjoy the other parks and other attractions. It doesn't need to be 100% perfect for me to enjoy it still

Sue_Vongello

Maybe instead of "realist or fantasist" the choice should be "optimist or pessimist". Because I can admit that there are many things about WDW that are no where near as good as the used to be, EPCOT Future World for example just makes me sad now, so much so that I don't even like going to FW anymore, but I still enjoy the other parks and other attractions. It doesn't need to be 100% perfect for me to enjoy it still

Sounda like your being a realist ...

Optimist and pessimist is too absolute.

Garbageman

Looks like the autograph is on the wall for Sids. Such a shame as it has an integral storyline for the Studios. This has been coming for years.....

Bairstow

Does anyone have any photos of the MGM Cahuenga store during its heyday?
I remember visiting as a kid and they had tons of stuff from the Robin Williams movie "Toys", especially Zevo toy boxes, security badges, and factory worker uniforms.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It is a shame to see such a unique location close. Unfortunately that type of merchandise no longer seems to sell.

It would have been nice to see something interesting takeover the space, but it seems that guest relations is currently unable to handle the volume of MyMagic+ issues. This should certainly help those guests get assistance much quicker.

nytimez

It is a shame to see such a unique location close. Unfortunately that type of merchandise no longer seems to sell.

I don't know that the store ever did brisk business, but I always thought it served as "placemaking" as much as a retail location. And given the prices of the items in there, I think it can make money as a low-volume location.

Where it fails is in the profit-per-square-foot calculation Disney loves so much (the reason so many WDW stores now carry nearly identical merch).

ParentsOf4

I don't know that the store ever did brisk business, but I always thought it served as "placemaking" as much as a retail location. And given the prices of the items in there, I think it can make money as a low-volume location.

Where it fails is in the profit-per-square-foot calculation Disney loves so much (the reason so many WDW stores now carry nearly identical merch).
Sid's felt like the last old-time WDW store where its success wasn't judged by profit-per-square-foot. :(

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom