Part 1 Quick Trip June 10-11

Just back from great shortee. June 10 –13. (Dad (myself) daughters 19 & 11 and son – 13)

Could not get points ticket flight into Orlando from Toronto as our national airline Air Canada is essentially bankrupt and flights have been slashed. We Canadians aren’t privy to $69 Jet Blue fares to Orlando so we need to save those points.

Flew into Miami on Monday. Rented car at Thrifty ($99.00 all taxes included for the four days) We rented the Economy Neon but as we were driving off the lot the guy at the gate tells use that the car they had given us had been sold and we could not take it, so he gives us an upgrade to midsize instead. Good start.

Drive to Orlando was no problem. You gotta love the 70 MPH speed limit on the turnpike. Checked into All Star Sports Monday evening. Had a 59$ AP rate. Nice room, pool view, second floor.

We had no little ones with us (or Mom - I know I’m going to get into trouble for this but Mom’s tend to worry about things like “getting ready”, eating breakfast, bathroom stops) so we planned an all out assault. This proved to be a little more difficult then we anticipated due to the crowd sizes and 95 degree temperature. We have made a few previous trips to Disney but all in April or October. Things were a bit different this time. We planed to hit the four Disney parks in two days and the two Universal parks on our last day (can I say that?). Six parks - Three days. Just the big stuff but still no easy feat. We did it, though my feet still hurt!

Drove to Magic Kingdom Tuesday morning. Arrived at gate at 8:35. The place was packed! Opening ceremonies started at 8:45 and entrance rope drop at 8:55. We hustled off to Tomorrowland which was still roped off. Waited 10 minutes for Tomorrowland rope drop. Rope Drop and we’re off. (no running of course)

Get Fast Pass for Space Mountain. Stand by wait already 20 min. (obviously some naughty people were running!)
Rode Buzz- walk on
Head over to Pirates
Ride Pirates. walk on. By this time we could get another fast pass so fast passed Jungle Cruise.
Rode Big Thunder- 10 Min
Rode Splash Mountain - 10 Min
Back to Space Mountain for Fast Pass ride. Stand by 70 Min
“Experienced” Alien Encounter - 10 Min
Get Fast pass for Hunted Mansion on the way to Jungle Cruise
Jungle Cruise fast pass ride. Stand By 45 Min
Exit Jungle Cruise. Get new fast pass for Splash (big favourite)
Lunch / break - 20 Minutes
Rode Haunted Mansion (Fast pass) Stand By 30 Min
Rode Splash again with Fast pass. Stand By 45 Min
Time Check 2 PM Exit Park. (forgetting to pick up our Splash Mountain photo but that’s another story) Monorail to TTC (Ride the Nose of course.). Disney Bus to Studios. Clear security. We’re in. Time Check 3 PM. So far so good.

Part Two to follow.

careship

ARe you former military? You crack me up!!! I love this quickie report. I remember doing a quickie in Disney one year. We won't discuss this though. (Ask my hubby...he might discuss it.) j/k

Thanks for the report. I love it!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom