Parks still heavy

hardcard

Original Poster
No phased closing yesterday to my knowledge, but MK was still heavy.. Main Street had no spots available for the 9pm spectro at 7:30pm last night.. Space Mountain was a 130 Minute wait at about 8... and to add insult to injury, it went 101 about 20 minutes later.... So, on my final 2 laps on TTA before the 4 month shut down, I had the chance to see SM with the lights on one last time before the work is done....

Buzz maxed around a 55 minute wait, Stitch had a 10 of course ;).... Astro Orbiter's line was out of the queue and stretching out of rocket tower plaza 10-20 yards..

All-in-all, it was really busy... 'street level' crowds were heavy as well.. the 'sneak' routes in the park were heavy and trick with people as well.. the only place that was 'quiet' was the read exit from tomorrowland to toontown...

Fun fun fun!

castevens

No phased closing yesterday to my knowledge, but MK was still heavy.. Main Street had no spots available for the 9pm spectro at 7:30pm last night.. Space Mountain was a 130 Minute wait at about 8... and to add insult to injury, it went 101 about 20 minutes later.... So, on my final 2 laps on TTA before the 4 month shut down, I had the chance to see SM with the lights on one last time before the work is done....

Buzz maxed around a 55 minute wait, Stitch had a 10 of course ;).... Astro Orbiter's line was out of the queue and stretching out of rocket tower plaza 10-20 yards..

All-in-all, it was really busy... 'street level' crowds were heavy as well.. the 'sneak' routes in the park were heavy and trick with people as well.. the only place that was 'quiet' was the read exit from tomorrowland to toontown...

Fun fun fun!

Did you get a picture of SM with the lights on? It would be interesting to get the same exact picture after they're done (with the lights on, of course) to see what physical changes were made

goodtimes5286

Fun fun fun!
WOW what? Is that a record or something? :lol:

AREM

I fly in this friday, and hit the parks starting saturday...........

*crosses fingers*

Here's hoping that these terrible crowds die down some.

ejo7

We were in MK on Saturday, and I was surprised that it wasn't as busy as I thought it would be. The longest waits we had were Buzz (25 min) and HM (30 min). Of course, we had FP to Space and Thunder Mtns, but those stand by waits were only 80 min (Space) and 45 min (Thunder) at noon. We walked on everything else.

Oh, we also got to meet Tim Tebow. He was out and about in the MK Saturday, super nice guy!

DizneyPryncess

The crowds appear to go down for the rest of april - but come May, touringplans has them going back up to 8 & 9 out of 10 for some reason. I've never seen that in May.

SirGoofy

Fun fun fun!

Thanks for the report! No surprise SM went 101. The sooner we get to April 19th the better.

And a ten minute wait for Stitch!:eek: At least we know one record was broken this Spring break.:lol:

goodtimes5286

The crowds appear to go down for the rest of april - but come May, touringplans has them going back up to 8 & 9 out of 10 for some reason. I've never seen that in May.
2x, i really hope they are SERIOUSLY off. We go in May 1 for my bday 2 for the crowd level. Why we're getting NYE style crowds is beyond me. To my knowledge it's gonna cost me n my dad the same amount it always has. We have 10 day hoppers already, high 60's for the hotel, n food.

sadly i doubt the numbers are screwed up, but we'll see. I went on NYE this year and I have NEVER seen crowds like that, even on CHRISTMAS!

hardcard

Original Poster
I know touring plans is popular with some users, and they work hard over there.. But honestly, I've seen them say it'll be a '3-4' and it's a 10... and I've seen a '10' in realty be a '1-2' or, as my daughters call it a 'cannon' day...

'Cannon' days at the parks are when you could shoot a cannon down the midways without hitting someone.. :)

goodtimes5286

I know touring plans is popular with some users, and they work hard over there.. But honestly, I've seen them say it'll be a '3-4' and it's a 10... and I've seen a '10' in realty be a '1-2' or, as my daughters call it a 'cannon' day...

'Cannon' days at the parks are when you could shoot a cannon down the midways without hitting someone.. :)
I like those days

But either way if you shot a cannon down the streets, there would be few/fewer people in the park

:lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Did you get a picture of SM with the lights on? It would be interesting to get the same exact picture after they're done (with the lights on, of course) to see what physical changes were made
I`ve got plenty of lights on coverage that will be at Mousebits.com this weekend ;)

melflip8

We were in MK on Saturday, and I was surprised that it wasn't as busy as I thought it would be. The longest waits we had were Buzz (25 min) and HM (30 min). Of course, we had FP to Space and Thunder Mtns, but those stand by waits were only 80 min (Space) and 45 min (Thunder) at noon. We walked on everything else.

Oh, we also got to meet Tim Tebow. He was out and about in the MK Saturday, super nice guy!

I am a Gator girl and love me some Tim Tebow. Glad to see an AL fan has nice things to say about him...we love him here in the FL! :D

calicommando

We really paid attention to TP this past trip and it seemed to be pretty accurate.

Gucci65

I am a Gator girl and love me some Tim Tebow. Glad to see an AL fan has nice things to say about him...we love him here in the FL! :D

I'm a dyed-in-the-wood Georgia Bulldog, but I have to give props to Tebow. He just too nice and a good Christian boy!! He was in the parks Saturday with the Boys and Girls Club of America.

Glad to hear the crowds will be dying down.:sohappy: Glad I survived last week:sohappy:

WDW1974

May will not be as crowded as April.

It never is. Maybe moderate crowds on weekends and of course Memorial Day ...

~Kelly Ripa in Mickey's Star Traders~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom