Parks gone to the dogs...

JIMINYCR

There are multiple areas set up for service dogs... We found however that most of the areas like in the above photo were very small and DW's service dog did not have much space to go. And some of the areas as above had curbing. DW's wheelchair, had no access to the area to permit her to clean up after her dog so I needed to be there to help.

This is listed on the Disney site:
Service Animal Relief Areas
Service animals are welcome to use any open outdoor area for relief as long as the owner picks up after the animal and leaves the area clean. Relief areas include the theme parks, Resort hotels and other Guest areas. Additionally, for your convenience, we also offer the following designated areas in our theme parks:
Magic Kingdom Park
  • Adventureland: adjacent to the Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Frontierland: near the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Liberty Square: behind the Liberty Tree Tavern
  • Fantasyland: near the Walt Disney World Railroad
  • Tomorrowland: By Space Mountain Restrooms
Epcot
  • Future World East: next to the restrooms behind MouseGear
  • Future World West: next to the Imagination! restrooms
  • United Kingdom: right of restrooms
  • The space between the Outpost and Germany Pavilion
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • In the courtyard of First Aid
  • Animation Courtyard: near the Walt Disney Presents entrance
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
  • Discovery Island: near First Aid
  • DinoLand U.S.A.: next to the planter at the Restaurantosarus restrooms
  • Asia: right of the planter at Maharajah Jungle Trek restrooms
  • Rafiki’s Planet Watch: right of the planter at Conservation Station entrance
  • Pandora: on path near the Satuʻli Canteen

Incomudro

There are multiple areas set up for service dogs... We found however that most of the areas like in the above photo were very small and DW's service dog did not have much space to go. And some of the areas as above had curbing. DW's wheelchair, had no access to the area to permit her to clean up after her dog so I needed to be there to help.

This is listed on the Disney site:
Service Animal Relief Areas
Service animals are welcome to use any open outdoor area for relief as long as the owner picks up after the animal and leaves the area clean. Relief areas include the theme parks, Resort hotels and other Guest areas. Additionally, for your convenience, we also offer the following designated areas in our theme parks:
Magic Kingdom Park
  • Adventureland: adjacent to the Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Frontierland: near the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Liberty Square: behind the Liberty Tree Tavern
  • Fantasyland: near the Walt Disney World Railroad
  • Tomorrowland: By Space Mountain Restrooms
Epcot
  • Future World East: next to the restrooms behind MouseGear
  • Future World West: next to the Imagination! restrooms
  • United Kingdom: right of restrooms
  • The space between the Outpost and Germany Pavilion
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • In the courtyard of First Aid
  • Animation Courtyard: near the Walt Disney Presents entrance
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
  • Discovery Island: near First Aid
  • DinoLand U.S.A.: next to the planter at the Restaurantosarus restrooms
  • Asia: right of the planter at Maharajah Jungle Trek restrooms
  • Rafiki’s Planet Watch: right of the planter at Conservation Station entrance
  • Pandora: on path near the Satuʻli Canteen

Gross.

disneyworlddad

After reading other comments, I can also certainly say the two I saw were not really service dogs. Maybe comfort animals, probably just house pets they didn't want to leave at home. The two owners were not in the right area for elimination. The dogs were exploring rather than going to the bathroom and the owners were using mutiple commands to try and get their dogs to go.

AMickeyfan

I don't understand why anyone would want to take their pet to the parks. If the dog isn't a true service dog, the dog will not be completely comfortable in the parks. I have 8 dogs ranging from chihuahuas to a Doberman and would never dream of taking my dogs and subjecting them to that due to my selfishness. My heart breaks when I see the fake service dogs.

drizgirl

I don't understand why anyone would want to take their pet to the parks. If the dog isn't a true service dog, the dog will not be completely comfortable in the parks. I have 8 dogs ranging from chihuahuas to a Doberman and would never dream of taking my dogs and subjecting them to that due to my selfishness. My heart breaks when I see the fake service dogs.
It's not about making the dog comfortable. It's about making themselves comfortable.

JIMINYCR

I don't understand why anyone would want to take their pet to the parks. If the dog isn't a true service dog, the dog will not be completely comfortable in the parks.
Its all about the money. Why put your dog in a boarding kennel and pay for a week or two when you can buy a cheap vest & ID card online that gets you a free pass on bringing fido in the parks. Who cares if fido cant handle crowds, noise and the heat. Youve saved yourself a couple of hundred bucks.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Its all about the money. Why put your dog in a boarding kennel and pay for a week or two when you can buy a cheap vest & ID card online that gets you a free pass on bringing fido in the parks. Who cares if fido cant handle crowds, noise and the heat. Youve saved yourself a couple of hundred bucks.
As far as Im concerned you let your pet walk around on that 100 degree plus pavement you are abusing an animal.

SirWillow

I understand some being frustrated with "service" dogs that aren't really trained as service dogs, and some of the problems that has caused. I understand being irritated with the abuse of the ADA by some.

But the ignorance and horrid attitudes by some towards those with legitimate needs, towards the animals themselves, and to their presence in the parks and other places is appalling. I pray that several of you don't end up in the positions of those that you are criticizing in your self righteousness.

I have several friends with service dogs for different needs, and the stories they tell me... I've one that has one to detect seizures before they happened (the dog can sense them about 20 minutes before they hit) and to go anywhere without the dog is a terror, and some of the abuse they have received from other people who don't think it's a "real" service dog is ridiculous. But I can see it coming from a few who posted here. Sad.

Animaniac93-98

But the ignorance and horrid attitudes by some towards those with legitimate needs, towards the animals themselves, and to their presence in the parks and other places is appalling. I pray that several of you don't end up in the positions of those that you are criticizing in your self righteousness.

🙄

No one criticizing the abuse of "service dogs"/comfort animals is attacking those with serious disabilities or anyone you personally know.

erasure fan1

But the ignorance and horrid attitudes by some towards those with legitimate needs, towards the animals themselves, and to their presence in the parks and other places is appalling. I pray that several of you don't end up in the positions of those that you are criticizing in your self righteousness
The problem I see is that there is no way to stop the abuse of the system as it stands. No one cares in the least bit if someone has a legitimate service dog. Unfortunately there is no way to know because you can't ask. So yea, I'm sure legitimate people get lumped in with the dirt bags. I don't believe there is a person on this board who would say a person with a legitimate service dog is any sort of problem.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom