Parks gone to the dogs...

jloucks

Well she’s dead.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So we were exiting EPCOT last week and saw a lady with a gaggle of colored dogs. They were not poodles. One of them may have been a border collie. At the time the rumor of her passing was going around so I figured it was not her. I guess someone has picked up the torch.

On that note we saw quite a few “service animals” during our trip. Some were obviously true service animals as they had the traditional vest and not blinged.

Goofyernmost

So we were exiting EPCOT last week and saw a lady with a gaggle of colored dogs. They were not poodles. One of them may have been a border collie. At the time the rumor of her passing was going around so I figured it was not her. I guess someone has picked up the torch.

On that note we saw quite a few “service animals” during our trip. Some were obviously true service animals as they had the traditional vest and not blinged.
It is amazing how easy it is to get those service animal vests. All one needs is a calm natured dog to go with it and a Amazon account.

disneyworlddad

Was at Disney over the weekend and saw what appeared to be man and wife with two "service dogs". I was skeptical of them being true service dogs for how long they were taking to go to the bathroom. And the owners were yelling at them to hurry up. A true service dog can basically eliminate on command.

True question here: Does Disney have designated service animal relief areas? If so I dont think the above people wer in the right place as these animals were trying to go in the bushes between Spaceship earth / the human bathrooms / art of Disney Store.

Incomudro

Was at Disney over the weekend and saw what appeared to be man and wife with two "service dogs". I was skeptical of them being true service dogs for how long they were taking to go to the bathroom. And the owners were yelling at them to hurry up. A true service dog can basically eliminate on command.

True question here: Does Disney have designated service animal relief areas? If so I dont think the above people wer in the right place as these animals were trying to go in the bushes between Spaceship earth / the human bathrooms / art of Disney Store.

One of the many reasons this plague is unacceptable.
WDW is not a dog park.
Where are dogs supposed to relieve themselves?
This was not much of a problem with legitimate service dogs - because they were so few, and because they are rigidly trained.
It's a much bigger issue now that so many people are scamming the system with their house pets.

jloucks

This is true in most cases. The school we trained for the command was "do your business". Perhaps not surprisingly, this was one of the things folks found most fascinating. The dogs were so smart they even figured out to squat even if they didn't have to go in order to tell their trainer the received the order loud and clear. ..just nothing would come out.

Another random fun fact... male dogs were trained to squat and not leg lift. Yep, it can be done.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

There is near the Imagination Pavilion restrooms.
F9A4BA22-AAA2-43E3-B596-0A3373547BCE.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom