Parking for the Boardwalk

toolsnspools

I did a quick search for this and couldn't find an answer. Probably operator error :shrug:. Anyway, if you want to go to the Boardwalk but not through Epcot, where can you park? Do you go to the Boardwalk resort's parking lot?

brent2124

Yes. They have an overflow parking lot across the street behind the Hess station that you may have to use for use during busy seasons.

Upvote 0

timeman

I drove to the Boardwalk last summer and when I got to the guard gate I told the guard that I was just visiting the resort. He had me park in a section that was to the left right next to the gates, which was probably visitor parking. He didn't give me anything to put in my car to show I was there only temporarily.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I did a quick search for this and couldn't find an answer. Probably operator error :shrug:. Anyway, if you want to go to the Boardwalk but not through Epcot, where can you park? Do you go to the Boardwalk resort's parking lot?

I drove to the Boardwalk last summer and when I got to the guard gate I told the guard that I was just visiting the resort. He had me park in a section that was to the left right next to the gates, which was probably visitor parking. He didn't give me anything to put in my car to show I was there only temporarily.

Since the Boardwalk is a dining/shopping/entertainment destination there is a public parking lot as well as ones designated for the hotel. Just let the guard at the gate know, there is no time limit. The first time we went the public parking was to the right, the next time to the left; the valets at the Inn told us it was because their lot had changed because people complained public parking was too far away. :shrug:

Upvote 0

tizzo

Since the Boardwalk is a dining/shopping/entertainment destination there is a public parking lot as well as ones designated for the hotel. Just let the guard at the gate know, there is no time limit. The first time we went the public parking was to the right, the next time to the left; the valets at the Inn told us it was because their lot had changed because people complained public parking was too far away. :shrug:

Can anyone give me a sense of how the walk from Boardwalk to the International Gateway compares with walking from the Epcot parking lot through the park? A lot of our visits to Epcot are strictly to see Sounds Like Summer, Eat To The Beat, or Flower Power concerts. I'm not necessarily looking for a shorter walk, but maybe a change of scenery without too much longer a walk.

Upvote 0

nolatron

Can anyone give me a sense of how the walk from Boardwalk to the International Gateway compares with walking from the Epcot parking lot through the park? A lot of our visits to Epcot are strictly to see Sounds Like Summer, Eat To The Beat, or Flower Power concerts. I'm not necessarily looking for a shorter walk, but maybe a change of scenery without too much longer a walk.

Boardwalk boat stop to the International Gateway entrance is about 2,000' (.38 miles)

From the front gate of Epcot to the International Gateway is about 3,000' (.57 miles)

Upvote 0

tizzo

So here's a followup for you. I'm finally in a position to give this a try Friday, and ran some driving directions. We'll be coming by car from the HPB area, meaning we'll be approaching on W. Buena Vista Drive from the East. Looking at the map view, the easiest route seems to be to run R onto Epcot Resorts Blvd across from DHS, by the Hess, and you're right there. But both Google and Bing's driving directions are telling me to keep going on WBVD, turn R onto Epcot Resorts Blvd at the other end, across from Cypress Drive, by the Swan and Dolphin, and go all the way around, approaching the Boardwalk from the North.

The only reason I could think of for taking that route would be if a left turn into the Boardwalk wasn't permitted from Epcot Resorts Blvd. But the aerial view shows clear roadways complete with pavement markings showing a dedicated left-turn lane from Epcot Resorts Blvd into the Boardwalk.

If the description of what I'm asking isn't clear, see the map:

http://goo.gl/maps/f3T4

I was just hoping that you, or someone else who's been there before, can give me some insight into whether I can take the shorter route, and if not why not. Thanks.

Upvote 0

timeman

The direction you are thinking about is the route I took. I turned right onto Epcot Resorts Blvd next to Hess and then took a left into the Boardwalk Resort entrance.

Upvote 0

Rob562

If Epcot Resorts Blvd were shown as a single two-way road (as it is depicted for a good chunk of the road), there wouldn't be a problem.

But it's shown as a divided roadway in that stretch, and GPS units (and Google Maps as well) are notorious for having problems with recognizing places where you can make a left turn on divided roadways. This is especially true if the marker for the destination isn't exactly in the right place. It thinks it's doing the correct thing by bringing out all the way around so that you approach your destination on the side of the street that can access it.

So yes, you can turn at the Hess station and then turn left into the Boardwalk.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom