parking at resorts for dinning

buckeyegator

Original Poster
i am fairly sure of the answer, my wifecan we leave our car there and walk/momorail to the park since we had to go through the gate and show we were legally there, or should we show the gaurd our ap passes, since we can park for free, not trying to avoid parking fees. and i are ap passholders, we are going to the magic kingdom on nov. 22, with a breakfast reservation at chef mickeys,

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
As someone who usually stays at a deluxe, let me be the first to discourage you from parking in the deluxe resort lots while visiting the parks, especially since I'm being charged $25 a night to stay there, and don't appreciate having to hunt for a reasonably close parking space.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
i am fairly sure of the answer, my wifecan we leave our car there and walk/momorail to the park since we had to go through the gate and show we were legally there, or should we show the gaurd our ap passes, since we can park for free, not trying to avoid parking fees. and i are ap passholders, we are going to the magic kingdom on nov. 22, with a breakfast reservation at chef mickeys,

Yes you know the obvious answer, but also misunderstand your AP parking entitlement, it's for free theme park parking, not resort parking. DVC members staying on points at that resort are the only ones not paying a daily parking fee.

PolynesianPrincess

Your AP grants you free parking at the parks, NOT at the resorts. If you park at the resort with a reservation and then decide to spend your day at the parks, there is a chance your car will be towed since you are not a guest of the hotel. It's not fair to guests who are paying to stay at a deluxe resort, paying for parking and not being able to find a spot to park because its taken by someone who wanted to skirt having to pay for parking at the parks. You have an AP, use it to park for free at the park.

Hockey89

You are why we can’t have nice things.

buckeyegator

Original Poster
how would i be cheating disney out of the parking fee, as a passholder mine is free. as for taking up resort spots, do not think it would be a problem at a half-capacity resort, but will ask the guard when i get there.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
how would i be cheating disney out of the parking fee, as a passholder mine is free. as for taking up resort spots, do not think it would be a problem at a half-capacity resort, but will ask the guard when i get there.
You wouldn’t be cheating Disney of the resort parking fee, since you aren’t staying overnight at the Contemporary.

You have a right to park in the lot for 3 hours (the time allotted for those with dining reservations.)

However if you leave your car longer than 3 hours, you are taking up someone’s resort spot and that person is paying $25/night for that space. The Contemporary may currently not be at capacity, but their guest parking lot is SMALL and each space is valuable to the family with luggage who is staying there. We had two rooms (and two cars) while staying at the Contemporary earlier this month, so I have personal experience.

The guard will say you’ll need to move your car after breakfast or risk being towed. Yes, Disney will tow your car.

If your breakfast reservation is 8 am or later, park in the MK lot and ride the resort monorail to the Contemporary. Then you won’t need to move your car.

PolynesianPrincess

oh, I wasn't saying you're trying to cheat them out of parking. I'm saying people without APs try to park at the resort for breakfast and leave their car there all day and go to the parks, thus not having to pay for parking. But they do keep track of the cars in the lot and if your car doesn't have a parking pass for that resort, you might get towed. So you can chance it but it would be at your own risk. Doesn't matter if its a half capacity resort or not, the rules are the rules and they apply to everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom