Parking at MK resorts to tour Christmas Decorations

Epcotfan21

Original Poster
Any word on how strict they're being these days? I tried to find a dining reservation at any of the deluxe MK resort restaurants for our trip next week, but didn't have any luck.

We'd like to do a tour on the monorail loop, while trying to avoid parking at the TTA.

I've read it's hit or miss in terms of the attendant at the gate, but was wondering if that's the case during the holiday season when visitors want to see the Gingerbread house and various holiday decorations.

nickys

Premium Member
Any word on how strict they're being these days? I tried to find a dining reservation at any of the deluxe MK resort restaurants for our trip next week, but didn't have any luck.

We'd like to do a tour on the monorail loop, while trying to avoid parking at the TTA.

I've read it's hit or miss in terms of the attendant at the gate, but was wondering if that's the case during the holiday season when visitors want to see the Gingerbread house and various holiday decorations.
During the Holiday Season they are usually more strict, not less.

nickys

Premium Member
Wonderful.
Where are you staying? If onsite then you can just take a bus to MK and start there. If offsite are you visiting the parks that day? The parking fee covers you all day. They really do push people to use Disney transport for visiting resorts.

Weather_Lady

Did you try Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary? They seem to have some open ADRs next week, including for breakfast. (As always, be sure to search for specific meal times like 10am or 5pm, not "breakfast" "lunch" or "dinner." For some reason, selecting a meal rather than a specific time often results in false reports of "no reservations available" when searching online for Disney restaurant availability, whereas a search for a specific time on the same date shows multiple options.)

Epcotfan21

Original Poster
Where are you staying? If onsite then you can just take a bus to MK and start there. If offsite are you visiting the parks that day? The parking fee covers you all day. They really do push people to use Disney transport for visiting resorts.
Waldorf Bonnet Creek, so we’d be dropped off at TTA if we took the bus from there. We have park reservations for Epcot on the day that we’d like to visit the MK resorts and it’s likely that we’d head back to Waldorf at some point in the afternoon so our 2 year old can take his nap.

Epcotfan21

Original Poster
Did you try Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary? They seem to have some open ADRs next week, including for breakfast. (As always, be sure to search for specific meal times like 10am or 5pm, not "breakfast" "lunch" or "dinner." For some reason, selecting a meal rather than a specific time often results in false reports of "no reservations available" when searching online for Disney restaurant availability, whereas a search for a specific time on the same date shows multiple options.)
Yea I tried every 30 minute interval on Monday between 4:30 and 9pm. Even tried changing it to just two people even though there will be 7 of us in total. Couldn’t find anything available at the MK resorts.

Weather_Lady

Yea I tried every 30 minute interval on Monday between 4:30 and 9pm. Even tried changing it to just two people even though there will be 7 of us in total. Couldn’t find anything available at the MK resorts.
Ouch - yeah, a party of 7 is a tough one! :(

If I were you, I'd set up a couple of reservation finder requests on touringplans.com. It costs nothing, and there's always the chance, however slight, that you'll be able to snag a last-minute cancellation.

Dave B

Look for a 4 and a 3 or a 5 and a 2, or two 4 tops and let them know when you get there there will only be 7 not 8, then ask the server when you get there to be together

Last edited:

Dave B

Who cares what they think, you are their and want to eat and the system doesn't allow 7 all the time, if I am the server I would do it 100% of the time, the tip between a 4 top a 7 top is a big difference, especially if you were to accommodate this group

Lilofan

Something more unique is every year Wilderness Lodge cast build and decorate the big Christmas tree in the hotel lobby in the overnight hours. Some guests in their pajamas watch in amazement during the overnight.

peter11435

Something more unique is every year Wilderness Lodge cast build and decorate the big Christmas tree in the hotel lobby in the overnight hours. Some guests in their pajamas watch in amazement during the overnight.
It’s done by Holiday Services and BVCC cast. Not Wilderness Lodge cast.

Namaari

We’ve done this before and they don’t seem to mind. They’ll try to sit you near each other, but there’s no guarantee. It’s been very hard lately to get reservations for large groups.
For sure! We're a party of 10 this year and we've had to split up our group at different tables at all of our dining reservations this year. We're looking on the bright side and see it as good quality time to spend talking with different members of our family each night :)

castlecake2.0

I can't imagine it's a big deal. I bet it happens all the time. It's part of the job.
Depends on the restaurant/what tables are available/servers etc. The restaurant will try but it may increase wait time, or you may have to sit in different areas of the restaurant.

castlecake2.0

Who cares what they think, you are their and want to eat and the system doesn't allow 7 all the time, if I am the server I would do it 100% of the time, the tip between a 4 top a 7 top is a big difference, especially if you were to accommodate this group
That’s not really how it works. The reason the system isn’t letting you book a party of 7 is because a table for that many people doesn’t exist at the that time slot. You will most likely be sat at different tables.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom