Parking at Fort wilderness cabins

Gerdon

Original Poster
Hi, can I just clarify that there is no parking at the dining area in Fort wilderness. how much time would you allow for breakfast including getting back to your cabin to pick up our car and Could it be as quick in theory to drive to another resort and get breakfast there before heading to park.

Schneewittchen

You are correct, there is no car parking at Trail's End or Pioneer Hall. That area is called "The Settlement". In theory, your wait for a bus could be up to 20 minutes, usually a lot shorter. A lot of people rent golf carts or bring bicycles, there is plenty of golf cart/bicycle parking up there. If you're in good shape, depending upon which loop you're in, you can also easily walk because there are lots of trails. I think the cabins are anywhere from 1 to 1.5 miles from the restaurants.

We camp at Ft. Wilderness every year and bring our bicycles. We tend to walk or ride every where and just avoid the internal bus system since we're all able bodied.

Which park are you thinking of going to? You can take a boat from "The Settlement" to MK - very quick. We also take the boat to the Contemporary a lot and then hop on the monorail to go to Epcot. It's just fun, even if it's not super quick.

You don't really need to drive your own car anywhere. You can catch a bus from "The Outpost" (which is very close to the cabin area) to Disney Springs, the water parks, AK or HS. (And buses to Epcot and MK too).

plutofan15

When we stayed there, we ate breakfast in the cabins. Most economical and quickest way to do it. Despite a full kitchen, we stuck with cereal, fruit, bagels, muffin or waffles/pancakes/french toast which could be heated up in the oven or toaster. Of course if you want something more hearty then the buffet is the way to go. We always rented a golf cart while staying in the cabins. A little pricey but a fun and quick way to get around the campground. And plenty of parking for the golf carts throughout the resort.

Gerdon

Original Poster
Thanks for replies. I couldn't justify the cost of a cart for all the time we will spend at resort as at parks everyday. We have one resort day planned to take advantage of the great things the resort has to offer and will book a cart for that day

Will be doing pretty much all the parks so will definitely be getting boat across to mk, my kids will love it

On the subject of the boat, could you also confirm that for a pre ropedrop BOG, I need to get boat to contemporary and walk across?

Looks like breakfast on the Cabin.

Depending on your time you could do either boat but the contemporary usually is faster. We use the boat to go everywhere since we always stay close to the settlement! Straight to MK; to Contemporary for monorail to Epcot; boat to MK to hop on a bus to AK or HS. The buses run from MK to the other parks. Or if it is a beautiful day with time to kill you can boat to MK and ferry to TTC and catch buses from there. We think of the boat from FW as another ride we get to experience.
Don't forget to look into P&J's Southern Takeout for breakfast either if you want something more substantial. We never do the buffet at Trails End since it is so pricey but after a few days of bagels, cereal, etc., P&J bounty breakfast hits the spot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom