Park tickets

gmajew

Premium Member
Original Poster
How do you go about buying park tickets? We are staying in our DvC for the first Time and not sure how to buy our tickets.

Yanks07

Do you mean Annual Pass using the DVC discount? You can purchase @ any ticket booth, bring member card and ID's for any family members, You can get the voucher through the Disney ticket store, you may have to link it through the member web site though.

Vipor51

I just bought standard MYW through DVC. The process was simple and we are suppose to pickup tickets at our resort but since we now have MB's I don't think we even have to do that since we linked our tickets to our reservation.

PhilharMagician

As already mentioned, you can purchase through Member services at any time or you can also use the concierge desk your resort to purchase your tickets. Since you area DVC member, I would highly recommend the Annual Pass since it is a special DVC discounted rate. The AP will also allow you the ability to purchase a Tables I Wonderland card which can offer you 20% discount on most table service meals along with the purchase of alcoholic beverages. Some counter service locations do except the TIW card, but check the list.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Someone mentioned APs :).

As you are now DVC members... DO consider APs. DVC members get a nice healthy discount on APs.... and being a DVC member probably means you will be at the parks enough in a year to do better with an AP than standard Tickets. Just run thru your ticket costs for a year, and compare that number to the discounted AP price for DVC members.

And - being an AP? You now qualify for the Tables in Wonderland card... 20% off food and drinks. Sandy and I believe that TIW is the absolute BEST meal plan at the world... because there is no plan :).

I quite agree that TiW is the absolute best meal plan at WDW, but you no longer have to take advantage of the DVC AP discount in order to get a TiW card. When they raised the price, they also opened it up to DVC members regardless of residency or AP status!

dreamfinder

How do you go about buying park tickets? We are staying in our DvC for the first Time and not sure how to buy our tickets.

The DVC AP should be linked to on the DVC member site, or you can buy it at any ticket window. If you just want normal park tickets, or even if you want an AP, I do suggest buying discounted tickets from someone like Undercover Tourist, and then using them as is, or having them bridged and upgrade to a DVC AP. You can still have them linked to your MagicBands, you just save some money as I don't believe DVC members get any normal ticket discount.

I quite agree that TiW is the absolute best meal plan at WDW, but you no longer have to take advantage of the DVC AP discount in order to get a TiW card. When they raised the price, they also opened it up to DVC members regardless of residency or AP status!

Ayup. DVC members can buy TiW at the same price as FL Res, but an AP holder is the cheaper option.

Phonedave

Do you mean Annual Pass using the DVC discount? You can purchase @ any ticket booth, bring member card and ID's for any family members, You can get the voucher through the Disney ticket store, you may have to link it through the member web site though.

Or, if your a bonehead, and so keyed up about being able to leave your wallet in the room and use a Magic Band that you leave your DVC Member card in the room as well, you can bring up the DVC Member site on your smartphone and show the screen with your member number and your drivers license to the Cast Member and they will give you the discounted AP as well.

Ask me how I know that :rolleyes:

-dave

PhilharMagician

Or, if your a bonehead, and so keyed up about being able to leave your wallet in the room and use a Magic Band that you leave your DVC Member card in the room as well, you can bring up the DVC Member site on your smartphone and show the screen with your member number and your drivers license to the Cast Member and they will give you the discounted AP as well.

Ask me how I know that :rolleyes:

-dave

because your a bonehead?:D

I would also add that I am a bonehead and did the same thing without a smartphone or anyway to prove my DVC membership. I ended up purchasing a one day admission ticket. The next day I brought my DVC membership card and had to go the guest relations to have them credit my one day pass and issue my DVC AP.

Phonedave

because your a bonehead?:D

I would also add that I am a bonehead and did the same thing without a smartphone or anyway to prove my DVC membership. I ended up purchasing a one day admission ticket. The next day I brought my DVC membership card and had to go the guest relations to have them credit my one day pass and issue my DVC AP.

I realized on the bus ride over what I had done, and we were trying to figure out what to do if they could not work something out. I didn't even think of out solution.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom