Park Ticket price potentially increasing

NormC

Cull annual passes, and invest in new attractions. Locals will attend anyways. Nothing else to do in Orlando.
Show us on this doll where the bad AP holder touched you.
il_1588xN.1857285293_32hf.jpg

GlassHalfFull

What is amazing.. Disney, with their tracking, 100% know the average spend per AP vs the average guest.

If the park was at peak capacity(no rooms for rent and gates completely shut due to max crowds) then I would believe the non AP's were subsidizing the AP's.. but since that isn't the case, I'd be willing to bet that without AP's the out of towners would have serious sticker shock..

that parking lot was going to sit empty without those AP's..
that restaurant wouldn't have sold that many hot dogs without the AP's..
that store wouldn't have sold that merchandise without the AP's..
that boat in the lake was not going to be rented without the AP's..
that minnie van was not going to be used without the AP's..

Again if the parks were hitting capacity every single day, then the argument would make sense that they would all be taken up by others willing to pay more, but quite simply they aren't so it all falls apart..

drizgirl

What is amazing.. Disney, with their tracking, 100% know the average spend per AP vs the average guest.

If the park was at peak capacity(no rooms for rent and gates completely shut due to max crowds) then I would believe the non AP's were subsidizing the AP's.. but since that isn't the case, I'd be willing to bet that without AP's the out of towners would have serious sticker shock..

that parking lot was going to sit empty without those AP's..
that restaurant wouldn't have sold that many hot dogs without the AP's..
that store wouldn't have sold that merchandise without the AP's..
that boat in the lake was not going to be rented without the AP's..
that minnie van was not going to be used without the AP's..

Again if the parks were hitting capacity every single day, then the argument would make sense that they would all be taken up by others willing to pay more, but quite simply they aren't so it all falls apart..
And I imagine without the tourists overpaying for daily tickets, the APs would have some serious sticker shock.

The truth is Disney wants both groups in big numbers. They both check off different boxes in Disney's play book for maximizing overall park profit.

GlassHalfFull

And I imagine without the tourists overpaying for daily tickets, the APs would have some serious sticker shock.

The truth is Disney wants both groups in big numbers. They both check off different boxes in Disney's play book for maximizing overall park profit.

I 100% agree they both have an integral part in Disneys plan.. the difference is.. I don't know any AP's screaming that Disney should ban daily ticket users for being a leech on others..

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
100% really?

Disney know i bought a bottle of coke, which i paid with in cash .... ? They know that i paid (again in cash) for a meal at one of Epcot's restaurants? Wow.

Of course you are talking nonsense.
You're part of the AVERAGE.

And your paltry expenditures, cash or otherwise, are not going to skew that figure in the slightest.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
100% really?

Disney know i bought a bottle of coke, which i paid with in cash .... ? They know that i paid (again in cash) for a meal at one of Epcot's restaurants? Wow.

Of course you are talking nonsense.

Disney knows your exact location by geolocating the radio in your magic band, so they know when you're physically in a gift shop, and where you're standing while you're inside it. They have the ability to track you anywhere on the property, not just in the park. You're not a local so no, you don't pay for anything in cash. You apply your credit card to your room and use it in the parks so, yes they know exactly what you are buying as well. They can use the data to market to you directly, or to find behavior patterns among guests.

John park hopper

Disney knows your exact location by geolocating the radio in your magic band, so they know when you're physically in a gift shop, and where you're standing while you're inside it. They have the ability to track you anywhere on the property, not just in the park. You're not a local so no, you don't pay for anything in cash. You apply your credit card to your room and use it in the parks so, yes they know exactly what you are buying as well. They can use the data to market to you directly, or to find behavior patterns among guests.
OMG they know when and how many times I use the rest rooms and what stall. Big Mouse is watching us

NormC

They don't know your exact location throughout your trip. They only collect breadcrumbs along your path based on your activities. No geolocation used.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
They don't know your exact location throughout your trip. They only collect breadcrumbs along your path based on your activities. No geolocation used.

Yes they do, they have towers all over the property. How do you think they are able to track you to the exact ride car that you're in to link your photos to your accounts? It's pretty common knowledge that it's also used to find lost children.

Are they personally watching everything that you do? No, but they're storing that data, analyzing, and reporting on it.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I'm not local. The vast majority of my purchases are in cash.

NormC

They use proximity devices for ride photos using the battery powered call and respond device and can only locate you by triangulation which is not geolocation and this only gives them an area location. They do not know your exact location unless you are at a register paying for something. The magic band has no gps enabled devices. It has two passive RFID tags and one battery powered short range device.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
They use proximity devices for ride photos using the battery powered call and respond device and can only locate you by triangulation which is not geolocation and this only gives them an area location. They do not know your exact location unless you are at a register paying for something. The magic band has no gps enabled devices. It has two passive RFID tags and one battery powered short range device.

Geolocation doesn't require a GPS device or signal. You can geolocate via triangulation which is why I mentioned that they have towers all over the property. There is an HF radio in the band that's picked up by their long-range readers. They literally describe it on their website.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom