Park Ticket price potentially increasing

SirWillow

Thank you Bob (never met a price increase I didn't like) Iger. With the recent round of price increases does this surprise any one. Don't kid yourself there will be more increases -----Snacks will be next

You do realize that the Disney parks have increased prices pretty much every single year they've been open, going all the way back to when Walt opened Disneyland. Outside of a couple of recession years they have almost never missed an increase. And there have been a couple where there have been more than one.

And that's from long before Iger had anything to do with the company. You may as well blame Iger for the failure of the original flying saucer ride at Disneyland while you're at it, as he has just as much responsibility for it.

erasure fan1

You do realize that the Disney parks have increased prices pretty much every single year they've been open, going all the way back to when Walt opened Disneyland. Outside of a couple of recession years they have almost never missed an increase. And there have been a couple where there have been more than one.

And that's from long before Iger had anything to do with the company. You may as well blame Iger for the failure of the original flying saucer ride at Disneyland while you're at it, as he has just as much responsibility for it.
While that's true, prices have always been creeping up, even before Iger. But you really can't deny that Iger is the undisputed king of price increases. A quick search and you find tickets went from about $26 to $60 single day and $150 to $395 for AP under Eisner. Under Iger, $60 to as much as $160 single and $395 to $1119 AP. Not to mention things like parking fees, the huge jump in food and drink, extra ticket events, hotel rates... I don’t think anyone would argue prices have always gone up but Iger has taken it to new heights.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
None of the Floridian taxes go towards helping Disney - it's a privately owned company. The very little spend there is on infrustructure around the Disney area is a disgrace.

There's a reason for the parks being pleasent to walk around. They've blocked out annual pass holders.

The reason in for giveaway annual passes in California, i do understand as it's a huge community on the doorsteps, and you have to give sweetners. I have no idea why they do it in Orlando. As i've said many times - local annual pass holders don't spend money on hotels, merchandise, restaurants, they bring their own food into parks, stay at their homes. An international tourist, or from outside Florida spend a helluva lot more - including the price of admission.

Yet that demographic of high spenders suffer because Disney hand out cheap annual passes for local residents for no reason.

Are you just playing the role of a troll or are you really as ignorant as you sound?

You have literally no idea what you are talking about when it comes to APs.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
None of the Floridian taxes go towards helping Disney - it's a privately owned company. The very little spend there is on infrustructure around the Disney area is a disgrace.

There's a reason for the parks being pleasent to walk around. They've blocked out annual pass holders.

The reason in for giveaway annual passes in California, i do understand as it's a huge community on the doorsteps, and you have to give sweetners. I have no idea why they do it in Orlando. As i've said many times - local annual pass holders don't spend money on hotels, merchandise, restaurants, they bring their own food into parks, stay at their homes. An international tourist, or from outside Florida spend a helluva lot more - including the price of admission.

Yet that demographic of high spenders suffer because Disney hand out cheap annual passes for local residents for no reason.
The annual budget for the State of Florida is available online. Given it a read before keeping up with this line of b#ll#cks....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
There's only one thing the local state can do for Disney and that is to improve the infrustructure around Disney - be it transport, roads, public transport, security etc

I live in London. The state provides a world class metro system. Hell most small cities around Europe have a metro system. Where is Orlando's metro system? The roads are utterly attrocious. I4 at rush hour is a disgrace, yet nothing is done about it.

One Lynx bus system to Disney from the outskirts is utterly ghastly :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is no local community around Orlando parks - unlike Anaheim, that Disney feel the need to keep things sweet for the Orlando state by giving away ultra cheap annual passes. All it does it deter away high paying international and American tourists outside Florida from visiting - due to the huge crowds locals infest.
No, that’s not the only thing. But, ignorance and bliss and whatnot....

mdcpr

Dude, you've got no idea how much some of us natives spend on WDW. And our taxes help subsidize TDO.

But if you'd like to pay my Disney Visa, where can I send the bill?
Agree on Floridians spending a lot, but your taxes are not used by WDW - a publicly traded company.

jpeden

In the Parks
No

You need to read the following on a little governmental organization called the Reedy Creek Improvement District:

Disney was granted the right to operate their own governmental organization by the state of Florida.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
There is no local community around Orlando parks - unlike Anaheim, that Disney feel the need to keep things sweet for the Orlando state by giving away ultra cheap annual passes. All it does it deter away high paying international and American tourists outside Florida from visiting - due to the huge crowds locals infest.

You do realize that the reason why Disney offers these extremely restrictive cheap passes is to maintain steady attendance during the slower months, hence their blackouts for the busy times. These passes ensure the profitability of Disney for the Epcot festivals and seasonal parties. In short these passes make Disney a lot of money. If it didn’t they wouldn’t offer it.

Other than that Florida residents get no better treatment than DVC members. Should we ban DVC members next?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
There's only one thing the local state can do for Disney and that is to improve the infrustructure around Disney - be it transport, roads, public transport, security etc

I live in London. The state provides a world class metro system. Hell most small cities around Europe have a metro system. Where is Orlando's metro system? The roads are utterly attrocious. I4 at rush hour is a disgrace, yet nothing is done about it.

One Lynx bus system to Disney from the outskirts is utterly ghastly :rolleyes::rolleyes:

May I remind you the United States is not the UK?

I-4 is currently under construction - being widen to accommodate the increased traffic between Tampa and Orlando. Outside of major cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, you won't find transit systems like London or Europe. Americans love their cars. Hell, in LA, they practically live in them as LA County is pretty big. I know, I was born and raised there. I'm older than DLR.

We're a bit larger than Great Britain and this highway system was constructed in the 1950s so we could drive our cars from coast to coast.

Walt Disney purchased 27,000 acres (roughly 47 square miles) in Central Florida in the 1960s to avoid the problems of Disneyland in Anaheim. The Anaheim of the mid 1950s was vastly different than the Anaheim today. Walt bought 180 acres of orange groves, built DLR and then watched tacky hotels pop up around his park. The City kinda grew up around DLR. He wanted to avoid that. Oh, and there ARE local communities around the parks. I've driven through them. Or have you missed the comments from members on this forum about watching the evening fireworks from their yards? There's an entire residential area behind MK, with homes, apartments, shopping centers, gyms, etc. Just a few minutes drive away. Or the homes under construction along 429 as you drive to WDW's Western gate. Apartments are under construction at Flamingo Crossing to house CP CMs. Plans will include a shopping center, if I remember.

And just to show how little you really know about TWDC, that hotel that was to be built at DLR near the original Disneyland Hotel? It isn't being built, one major reason is the Anaheim City Council which doesn't have as friendly a relationship with TWDC as the State of Florida. Just ask those who run the DLR runDisney races about that relationship. Reedy Creek Improvement District exists because the Florida Legislature allowed it to be created. Oh, and those millage rates on the property taxes of residents in Orange County include SFWMD, which supports WDW.

I suggest you stop with your nonsense.

LAKid53

Premium Member

grandad to 4

That makes sense too, I did think it odd word of a price increase would leak before it's actually released.

Here's the exact wording in the email:
"If you planned on visiting Walt Disney World during your time in Orlando please be aware that their prices are increasing. We have partnered with them to arrange a grace period where you can purchase tickets at the current lower rate through July 15. Please follow the directions/link below to purchase tickets. After July 15 all tickets will be at the new increased price."

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
As i've said many times - local annual pass holders don't spend money on hotels, merchandise, restaurants, they bring their own food into parks, stay at their homes
How often do you visit? Do you not notice the people at the security checkpoint who have a stroller/wagon or back pack loaded with basically a small grocery store? These are not local people. You can hear the conversations security strikes up with them ("where ya from", "what resort are you at") since it takes 2 minutes to check all their bags. Just as many out of state guests (if not more) bring their own food and drinks into the parks.

I just read an update to a trip report from a local resident. Her, and two of her friends (also locals), paid for drinks (alcoholic) at AK then headed over to MK and paid to eat a restaurant and also ordered adult beverages. All three were wearing Mickey Ears that were most likely bought and paid for at a Disney park as well. This particular forum member is a local and is at WDW very often and always pays for drinks, snacks food, merchandise, etc.. And there are several other forum members here who are locals and post trip reports in which they do the same thing (buy stuff at the parks) and even stay at the resorts occasionally. There are plenty of pictures to document it as well.

LAKid53

Premium Member
How often do you visit? Do you not notice the people at the security checkpoint who have a stroller/wagon or back pack loaded with basically a small grocery store? These are not local people. You can hear the conversations security strikes up with them ("where ya from", "what resort are you at") since it takes 2 minutes to check all their bags. Just as many out of state guests (if not more) bring their own food and drinks into the parks.

I just read an update to a trip report from a local resident. Her, and two of her friends (also locals), paid for drinks (alcoholic) at AK then headed over to MK and paid to eat a restaurant and also ordered adult beverages. All three were wearing Mickey Ears that were most likely bought and paid for at a Disney park as well. This particular forum member is a local and is at WDW very often and always pays for drinks, snacks food, merchandise, etc.. And there are several other forum members here who are locals and post trip reports in which they do the same thing (buy stuff at the parks) and even stay at the resorts occasionally. There are plenty of pictures to document it as well.

Define local... I'm 4 hours away in North Florida. I visit 6-7 times a year, 4 of those are for a week's stay each. And I spend thousands of dollars a year at WDW. My Disney Visa can attest to that. 😆

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Define local... I'm 4 hours away in North Florida. I visit 6-7 times a year, 4 of those are for a week's stay each. And I spend thousands of dollars a year at WDW. My Disney Visa can attest to that. 😆
The person I was referring to lives about ten minutes from the parks. But even if youre a few hours away and you have a Florida resident AP, Im sure you will qualify as the horrible, cheap type of guest that the troll was referring to, lol. Stop ruining the parks!!! arghh!!!!!

LAKid53

Premium Member
The person I was referring to lives about ten minutes from the parks. But even if youre a few hours away and you have a Florida resident AP, Im sure you will qualify as the horrible, cheap type of guest that the troll was referring to, lol. Stop ruining the parks!!! arghh!!!!!

In that case, anybody want to purchase some DVC points? 😁

The Mom

Premium Member

Exactly. Florida is larger than many European countries, so those with a FL AP may be traveling a few hours to get to WDW - which means staying in a hotel, eating meals, etc. The same as someone who is coming from the UK. We also have to pay the resort and county bed taxes - the same as any out of state tourist. The major difference is that we don't fly, and tend to come for more frequent, shorter stays.

When my children were young, I would be there 5-6 times/year, for 3 nights at a time. Which adds up to a 2 week stay. My next door neighbors (2 small children) have annual passes, and they go about once a month.

WDW offers these passes because it allows for last minute guests. If attendance is down, they can offer reduced room rates, etc which a "local" can snap up, since they don't have to factor transportation and park passes into the "Can I afford it?" equation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom