Park Ticket price potentially increasing

guardian143

Original Poster
I'm attending a conference in November that is offering discounted park tickets. I just received an email saying that park tickets will be increasing in price soon, and that I have until July 15th to buy at the current rate.

I'm unsure if this is just a price increase for conference attendees, or across the board. Just thought I'd pass the message along in case anyone else was planning on getting tickets this year but haven't yet!

erasure fan1

Thank you Bob (never met a price increase I didn't like) Iger. With the recent round of price increases does this surprise any one. Don't kid yourself the will be more increases -----Snacks will be next
Of course there will be. With as blatant of gouging before galaxys edge was with the anual passes, you know the regular tickets aren't far behind. The only question now, is what is the ceiling.

guardian143

Original Poster
Disney normally does this for conferences and meetings... buy very early get XX prices, buy sort of early get XX prices, buy onsite get XX price, so this might just be a normal thing. Who knows though...

That makes sense too, I did think it odd word of a price increase would leak before it's actually released.

Here's the exact wording in the email:
"If you planned on visiting Walt Disney World during your time in Orlando please be aware that their prices are increasing. We have partnered with them to arrange a grace period where you can purchase tickets at the current lower rate through July 15. Please follow the directions/link below to purchase tickets. After July 15 all tickets will be at the new increased price."

Mouse Trap

That makes sense too, I did think it odd word of a price increase would leak before it's actually released.

Here's the exact wording in the email:
"If you planned on visiting Walt Disney World during your time in Orlando please be aware that their prices are increasing. We have partnered with them to arrange a grace period where you can purchase tickets at the current lower rate through July 15. Please follow the directions/link below to purchase tickets. After July 15 all tickets will be at the new increased price."

Oh. That wording hints at something wider for sure unless they are just referring to dynamic prices in which during July prices are quite a bit higher than most of the year.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Of course there will be. With as blatant of gouging before galaxys edge was with the anual passes, you know the regular tickets aren't far behind. The only question now, is what is the ceiling.
I wouldn't be surprised if they hold on increasing prices. They raised them at DLR and now it's a ghost town.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Sounds like a typical conference price not that ticket prices are going up.

If you buy early its this price. If you buy after this date its this price.
We have partnered with them to arrange a grace period where you can purchase tickets at the current lower rate through July 15.
This doesn't sound like a standard, time-tiered conference arrangement. This sounds like WDW told a meeting that they'd better buy their tickets soon or risk much gnashing of teeth, and the conference organizers worked a deal, especially since the conference is in November.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
There are three things certain in life: death, taxes, and Disney ticket increases.

I would be shocked if ticket prices don’t jump. The AP prices jumped specifically because they knew they would have a surge of people wanting them for AP previews for GE. I hope it bites them hard and AP renewals and new purchases start to decline.

erasure fan1

Just as there have been for decades, and just as there will be for decades to come. Nothing newsworthy about it.
While tickets have been going up since the late 80s, this is news worthy because of the size of the increase. One day I am looking at passes for a 2020 and 2021 trip. The next morning it is $1000 more expensive! People (myself included) put up with Disney and their lazy give us less attitude for a lot of years while they kept increasing prices. Now that Star wars is opening they decide to gouge everyone. I figured it would go up, but even I was shocked at the amount.

John park hopper

While tickets have been going up since the late 80s, this is news worthy because of the size of the increase. One day I am looking at passes for a 2020 and 2021 trip. The next morning it is $1000 more expensive! People (myself included) put up with Disney and their lazy give us less attitude for a lot of years while they kept increasing prices. Now that Star wars is opening they decide to gouge everyone. I figured it would go up, but even I was shocked at the amount.
Yes, many of us long time Disney supporters have put up with it, however I think many of us are waking up and not putting up with it any more.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don't mind an increase - as long as we are not subsiding cheap annual passes for Floridians.

The cheap annual passes for Floridians are ruining the parks with the crowds they contribute, at the detriment of big spending international tourists.

Please stop posting this nonsense in multiple threads. If you have a problem with Florida APs, take it up with WDW directly.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't mind an increase - as long as we are not subsiding cheap annual passes for Floridians AND THERE IS AN INVESTMENT IN NEW ATTRACTIONS.

The cheap annual passes for Floridians are ruining the parks with the crowds they contribute, at the detriment of big spending international tourists.

Dude, you've got no idea how much some of us natives spend on WDW. And our taxes help subsidize TDO.

But if you'd like to pay my Disney Visa, where can I send the bill?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I don't mind an increase - as long as we are not subsiding cheap annual passes for Floridians AND THERE IS AN INVESTMENT IN NEW ATTRACTIONS.

Mostly from South American.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yet that demographic of high spenders suffer because Disney hand out cheap annual passes for local residents for no reason

I'm going to send you my DVC dues payment next January, along with my Disney Visa bill. I spend thousands of dollars at WDW each year - in food, merchandise, AP payments, etc.

You've got no clue what you're talking about and I suggest you stop lecturing Florida residents about taxes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom