Park merchandise question...

sittle

Original Poster
I've noted this in another thread (here)... but I'm not seeing any responses, so I'm trying again.

With regards to the merch made for the 40th anni of HM (DL)... Does anyone know if any of it will enter into the mainstream as resort/store merchandise, or will it remain exclusive to the collectors... ?

I would love to see merchandise like this enter the parks, I love 's work, been a fan for quite a long time... I would love to see more cross promotion like this...

So.. Does anyone know if this will head to the parks (DLP, WDW etc...) in some form or another?

's site of artwork and the disney site showing it's application to potential park merchandise here .... I love the hawaiian shirt (items #17 to 21)... I have seen these (shirts) on ebay, and some sellers are asking for double the asking price.... $125 to $150... IMO pretty gutsy...

dreamfinder

I've noted this in another thread (here)... but I'm not seeing any responses, so I'm trying again.

With regards to the merch made for the 40th anni of HM (DL)... Does anyone know if any of it will enter into the mainstream as resort/store merchandise, or will it remain exclusive to the collectors... ?

I would love to see merchandise like this enter the parks, I love 's work, been a fan for quite a long time... I would love to see more cross promotion like this...

So.. Does anyone know if this will head to the parks (DLP, WDW etc...) in some form or another?

's site of artwork and the disney site showing it's application to potential park merchandise here .... I love the hawaiian shirt (items #17 to 21)... I have seen these (shirts) on ebay, and some sellers are asking for double the asking price.... $125 to $150... IMO pretty gutsy...

Anything that is sold as limited edition, will not be sold in the parks in that same form. Exception being any items unsold from the event, until they sell. Otherwise it defeats the point of having collectors pay big bucks to be able to buy the items. There may be similar items available for sale at a later date, but they won't be identical.

And it's not gutsy, it's a matter of fact. The people selling the merch needed to pay to attend the event. Some times people shelled out cash to attend, just because they wanted a pin set for example, and then buy something else, and park it up to help defray the cost of attending to buy a set of pins. Is it right? Ehh, I'm not a huge fan of it, but Disney lets people pick a certain number of pieces of merch to purchase so it's gonna happen.

sittle

Original Poster
Anything that is sold as limited edition, will not be sold in the parks in that same form. Exception being any items unsold from the event, until they sell. Otherwise it defeats the point of having collectors pay big bucks to be able to buy the items. There may be similar items available for sale at a later date, but they won't be identical.

And it's not gutsy, it's a matter of fact. The people selling the merch needed to pay to attend the event. Some times people shelled out cash to attend, just because they wanted a pin set for example, and then buy something else, and park it up to help defray the cost of attending to buy a set of pins. Is it right? Ehh, I'm not a huge fan of it, but Disney lets people pick a certain number of pieces of merch to purchase so it's gonna happen.

Ahhh... Illumination.. Thank you!

Sorry, my gutsy comment was strictly from a single sided perspective... I don't think that some of these items are so expensive, especially in comparison to other disney merchandise. In the case of the hawaiian shirt it was listed as $75 dollars at the event... Seems close to being on par with some of the other custom disney shirt in terms of price... My gutsy commentary was the perception that during a recession it's pretty gutsy to double the price on a non essential item and try to sell it on ebay to recoup the price of admission.. That's all.

I would think if one were having financial troubles, one wouldn't attend such a pricey event, or at least wouldn't purchase items they didn't want. Whether it right or not that they hock exclusive items on ebay, is truly in the eye of the beholder as you say! Good point!

I was really hoping that some of these items would make it into the park merchandise queue.. IMO it's fantastic!

Crazy4WDW1

Just got back from WDW Tuesday. They did have some of the Haunted Mansion merchandise. The Art of Disney Store on Main Street had both the mens and ladies shirts as well as a cookie jar, tray, decanter bottle and old fashioned glasses. They did have a cute postcard set as well. The cart at the exit of the Haunted Mansion had some of the same. I did purchase the ladies top for myself.

sittle

Original Poster
Just got back from WDW Tuesday. They did have some of the Haunted Mansion merchandise. The Art of Disney Store on Main Street had both the mens and ladies shirts as well as a cookie jar, tray, decanter bottle and old fashioned glasses. They did have a cute postcard set as well. The cart at the exit of the Haunted Mansion had some of the same. I did purchase the ladies top for myself.

If you don't mind me asking... was it $75 (US)? You can PM me if you like.

marcriss

You can also call Disneyland Delivears (sp?) I don't have the number on hand right now. I called them to get the Mickey Hitchhiking Ghost plush that was released for the 40th. At the same time I was able to purchase both the charm bracelet and the lucite bracelets from the event. I opted for the lucite ones, the charm was a bit too pricey. The lucite ones ultimately were not what was pictured on the merchandise list (that was the artist rendering) but I still liked them. Anyway, if there's something you're interested in call them up. I saved 10% using my Disney Visa and the shipping was reasonable...

nemofinder22

You can also call Disneyland Delivears (sp?) I don't have the number on hand right now. I called them to get the Mickey Hitchhiking Ghost plush that was released for the 40th. At the same time I was able to purchase both the charm bracelet and the lucite bracelets from the event. I opted for the lucite ones, the charm was a bit too pricey. The lucite ones ultimately were not what was pictured on the merchandise list (that was the artist rendering) but I still liked them. Anyway, if there's something you're interested in call them up. I saved 10% using my Disney Visa and the shipping was reasonable...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:) Disneyland DelivEARS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 800-362-4533[/FONT]

sittle

Original Poster
You can also call Disneyland Delivears (sp?) I don't have the number on hand right now. I called them to get the Mickey Hitchhiking Ghost plush that was released for the 40th. At the same time I was able to purchase both the charm bracelet and the lucite bracelets from the event. I...

Ohhhh, interesting... I was under the impression that you had to be in attendence on the gala night to be eligible for the merchandise.... That is so lame... TOTES!

Thanks for the hot tips everyone... I need a hawaiian shirt, /HM style!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom