park hours

hellokitty1

Original Poster
I just heard that the parks are closing two
hours earlier on the news any one else know about
this? and if so for what months/how long?

epcot71

they had to regain some $$$$$-they had a choice of actually for a couple of months of closing down parks a day or so a week and actually closing down entire parts of disney owned resorts-or closing down early everyday for a little while-once financial conditions r better they will resume to later hours and business as usual

mightyduck

I remember going in the late 80s and Magic Kingdom was open early and closed at 11 pm... there was no way you could do the whole day in the parks--you needed a nap!

I hope they can get back to longer hours next summer... even this summer the hours weren't very late... :(

Mattore

While hours have indeed been reduced because of the situation, hours always are cut around this time. Parks tend to close around 7-8pm from September to Mid-December on weekdays, excluding holiday periods, and excluding EPCOT, which is almost always open until 9. Even the magic kingdom would not typically be open until 11pm on weekdays this time of year.

mightyduck

Originally posted by Mattore
While hours have indeed been reduced because of the situation, hours always are cut around this time. Parks tend to close around 7-8pm from September to Mid-December on weekdays, excluding holiday periods, and excluding EPCOT, which is almost always open until 9. Even the magic kingdom would not typically be open until 11pm on weekdays this time of year.

Magic Kingdom wasn't open until 11pm most nights this summer... :(

Beauty and the

We where at the world this summer at the so called busy time three weeks in August and where surprised to find that MK closed at 7pm quite often and that E nights lasted till 10pm, our previous visit had been in Sept/Oct and the Park hours where considerarbly longer then.:( :(

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Beauty and the
We where at the world this summer at the so called busy time three weeks in August and where surprised to find that MK closed at 7pm quite often and that E nights lasted till 10pm, our previous visit had been in Sept/Oct and the Park hours where considerarbly longer then.:( :(

I also noticed that they had switched to "off-season" hours earlier than usual this year. I (and many others on this board) can remember when Epcot was open until 10 nightly, and the MK was open until midnight on "busy" days! (weekends in the summer, on holidays and during traditional school breaks the rest of the year) And remember when EVERYTHING was up and running as soon as the parks opened? Let's hope that we can get back to those days again soon!

Disneynut

I heard on the news this evening that attendance in all the parks was up from last week. Hopefully, we will slowly get back to "normal", although after 9/11 I am not sure what that word means.

neilybealy

Originally posted by Beauty and the

I'm sure on my last visit to WDW back in 1990 it stayed open til 11 or 12 at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom