News Park hopping to return January 1st 2021

Disney Experience

Always loved the monorails. May not be cost efficient to build, but they still look interesting compared to a bus.
I remember when I was little and got to see the bubble on top (Disneyland), or riding in the very front (Few decades ago).

The monorail coming into the Contemporary was also nice to behold. While the Epcot monorail was convenient way to go from the resorts near Magic Kingdom, and it was fun because the track was long enough to get a better monorail experience.

castlecake2.0

Epcot Line requires 30 additional cast (total headcount, not at a single time) to operate that haven’t been called back yet is the reason I’ve heard. But could also be slightly due to a) the state of future world b) keep lines smaller at TTC, c) low ridership in off peak time not worth compromising the efficiency of keeping the MK lines moving quickly

DVCakaCarlF

Epcot Line requires 30 additional cast (total headcount, not at a single time) to operate that haven’t been called back yet is the reason I’ve heard. But could also be slightly due to a) the state of future world b) keep lines smaller at TTC, c) low ridership in off peak time not worth compromising the efficiency of keeping the MK lines moving quickly
Is the MK/Resort line turning more guests now, with EPCOT not running?

TrainsOfDisney

Correct answer = $$$

techgeek

I suspect in the matrix of which park guests will hop to from another park, MK <> Epcot will be pretty far down the list. With limited hours, extending your day from AK, or bailing on HS after hitting the headliners will be the main drivers of hopping.

Touchdown

I suspect in the matrix of which park guests will hop to from another park, MK <> Epcot will be pretty far down the list. With limited hours, extending your day from AK, or bailing on HS after hitting the headliners will be the main drivers of hopping.
Yeah but if the Epcot line was open nearly every day for me would end at a park I don’t need to take a bus if I’m on the monorail. I would have much preferred this.

Rescue Ranger

I called Disney the other day to get a refund on my park hopper+ add-ons. If we are able to safely travel in February, don't feel comfortable hopping nor feel the need to do so with no EMH nor longer Park hours in affect. And the water parks will be closed anyway. Even if they were open I dont think I would feel comfortable anyway. As much as I love Typhoon Lagon.

castlecake2.0

It's a very easy and obvious cost to cut.

Frankly, I wonder if and when speculation will commence on whether or not the Epcot Monorail will ever see its traditionally continuous, regular service appear again.
I feel once they can start packing them full again it will return. I think this one is less about cost cutting and more about keeping the TTC/MK stations from backing up.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom