News Park hopping to return January 1st 2021

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Starting Jan. 1, you can do something you haven’t done at Disney World since the pandemic reopening: Visit two theme parks in one day.

Disney is bringing back a modified park hopper option that requires visitors to make reservations for their first park and physically go to that park. At 2 p.m., however, they can head to any other Disney park for the rest of the day until that park closes without needing a second reservation.

“As we continue to operate in a responsible way, we are reintroducing the Park Hopper option so our guests have the opportunity to see and do more during their visit while we manage attendance and foster physical distancing,” Disney spokeswoman Erica Ettori said.

It’s a major step in Disney’s phased-in reopening. The turnstiles first began turning again in mid-July, and guests were allowed to visit one park a day as long as they snagged advance reservations first.

Park hopping will be available for passholders and ticket-holders who have that option on their plans. Disney has been selling tickets with the park hopper option to prepare for the change.

If all the daily reservations are already booked for Hollywood Studios, home to Disney’s newest rides, a person could visit later in the afternoon. Or someone waking up early to ride attractions at Magic Kingdom could head to Epcot afterward and grab dinner or a drink.
Disney plans to advise visitors to check DisneyWorld.com/ParkHours and My Disney Experience app for the most updated Park Hopper hours next year in case later the park hoping hours start earlier than 2 p.m., depending on the day and park."

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Good grief you bunch of Eeyore's! 🤣

Park hopping in any shape coming back for whatever reason is great news! Looking forward to our trip next spring even more!

I think the idea is it’s ultimately pointless. They still can’t serve 75% of their clientele. This is a move that’s welcome, but a BB gun aimed at an elephant

jinx8402

Interesting that you don't need to make a second reservation at the park, but also limited to the current capacities. I wonder if they will have anything in the app saying if each of the parks are full or not. Something like green there is plenty of capacity, yellow means little capacity left and you may not get in depending on how many others get there before you, and red meaning already reached capacity.

dreday3

I think the idea is it’s ultimately pointless. They still can’t serve 75% of their clientele. This is a move that’s welcome, but a BB gun aimed at an elephant

Okay.

I don't understand how bringing something back that a lot of us were going to greatly miss is "pointless", but that's for you all to discuss. I'll just being my corner...being thrilled... :D

tanc

Wish it was always an option. Figures my pass pretty much runs out by then.
Doing a park in 5 hours and having nothing to do afterwards was frankly boring.

Gillyanne

I wonder why it's 2pm /s

I kinda hope they stick with a cold hard 2pm b/c I can see people showing up at HS at 1:30-1:59 whining to get in for the BG chance; that or they up the BG time...

It will be interesting if this leads to any AP modifications or sales pushes?

This is what I'm hoping for; when we renewed my mom's pass we only did a Silver b/c we wanted to save the little bit up front paying in full (she had to do her FL residency proof in person and couldn't do it at the time so no option for monthly) and planned to upgrade to at least the Gold later. Well when we renewed we didn't know/weren't told the upgrade would be treated like a new pass, which were ceased, and we haven't been able to do it.

I would also love to know before my pass expires end of Jan so I can make my decision about renewing it or holding off and getting a new one later (the latter is usually what I do, 1 year on, 1 year off, even w/ the renew discount, if i couldn't use it as much off year, it wasn't worth it)

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Great News! Guests will no longer be limited to visiting only one park per day which had its entertainment segment gutted by layoffs.

But it will be good news for EPCOT, because now more guests will be able to enjoy all the dining options (that have reopened). I know I'll have a smile on my face dining at the Biergarten in Germany being served by Betty from Alabama with a wonderfully distinctive Southern German drawl.

Clamman73

I wonder why it's 2pm /s

I kinda hope they stick with a cold hard 2pm b/c I can see people showing up at HS at 1:30-1:59 whining to get in for the BG chance; that or they up the BG time...

This is what I'm hoping for; when we renewed my mom's pass we only did a Silver b/c we wanted to save the little bit up front paying in full (she had to do her FL residency proof in person and couldn't do it at the time so no option for monthly) and planned to upgrade to at least the Gold later. Well when we renewed we didn't know/weren't told the upgrade would be treated like a new pass, which were ceased, and we haven't been able to do it.

I would also love to know before my pass expires end of Jan so I can make my decision about renewing it or holding off and getting a new one later (the latter is usually what I do, 1 year on, 1 year off, even w/ the renew discount, if i couldn't use it as much off year, it wasn't worth it)
I wonder if they’ll have dedicated tapstyles for hoppers.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Some people just don't like to listen when people say it's coming.

Admittedly though, if you had asked me how they were going to do it, free-for-all after 2 would not have been my guess. This only makes the case stronger for making most reservations for DHS.

What could possibly go wrong with this plan? 😉

Good grief you bunch of Eeyore's! 🤣

Park hopping in any shape coming back for whatever reason is great news! Looking forward to our trip next spring even more!

Think about it a little deeper than that.

ThatMouse

I am STILL waiting for my refund from my AP. I will not be purchasing one for awhile, I can tell you that.
We got our refund Sept 29th. It just showed up on a new credit card we gave them as EPCOT GUEST RELATIO LAKE BUENA VI FL.

It was hard to figure out what it was for until I did the math. They didn't email or contact me with a receipt. The exact amount was $474.29 for each Silver ticket, which cost ~$553, so I have no idea how Disney calculated that. That's not even a month's worth of usage. Our passes were active about 45 days and we used them 4 days in Jan 2020. So way more than fair, but I just wish it was handled better.

Lack of park hopping and resort hopping was the biggest reason for cancelling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom