Park Hopping Time Question

arich35

We are going to be park hopping from Hollywood Studios to Magic Kingdom to catch the 8:15 fireworks, we have a car so when should we be leaving Hollywood Studios to make sure we are in Magic Kingdom by 7:45? I don't care about getting the best position for fireworks, just that we are in the park and stand somewhere on Main St

nickys

Premium Member
My first reaction is that by half an hour before the fireworks, Main Street will be packed to the gunnels with people. I would be aiming to be there around 75 minutes beforehand.

Upvote 0

arich35

Original Poster
My first reaction is that by half an hour before the fireworks, Main Street will be packed to the gunnels with people. I would be aiming to be there around 75 minutes beforehand.
I am not going to stand around main street in a spot for 75 min, every time I have done a firework show we have been able to find somewhere to stand 30ish min beforehand.
My main question is how long it would take from parking lot to parking lot and monorail ride, typically. I have never taken the monorail from the transportation center so not sure how long it typically takes

Upvote 0

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Trying to be at a spot at 7:45pm? An hour

Roughly 15 minutes car travel BW to TTC, 5 minutes to cross the lot, 30 minutes to get across lagoon, 10 minutes getting into the park… but I’d leave some cushion for hiccups. I’d leave my room at 6:30pm.

Upvote 0

arich35

Original Poster
Trying to be at a spot at 7:45pm? An hour

Roughly 15 minutes car travel BW to TTC, 5 minutes to cross the lot, 30 minutes to get across lagoon, 10 minutes getting into the park… but I’d leave some cushion for hiccups. I’d leave my room at 6:30pm.
Sorry, we will be at Hollywood Studios parked. But it sounds like an hour and 15 before would be safe and possibly give us extra time. We are just trying to get as much time in HS after we park hop over there

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

I usually give myself 90 minutes to travel from place to place, but that’s assuming Disney provided transportation. I think the hour and 15 minutes you’re planning should be reasonable.

Upvote 0

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Sorry, we will be at Hollywood Studios parked. But it sounds like an hour and 15 before would be safe and possibly give us extra time. We are just trying to get as much time in HS after we park hop over there
Oops, I had read a BW thread right before and somehow mixed it up. 1h 15m is a safe bet 👍

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom