News Park Hopping Time Change in Early February 2023

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Soon at WDW, passholders will not need a reservation after 2pm. I can't remember if there are specifics with the Magic Kingdom.

The exception to this is Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom - see here for the full update.

waltography

Related article to that tweet here:

From that article:
Happy New Year! We’re just over a week into 2023 and already we’re so excited about all that’s to come to Disneyland Resort – and incredibly proud of the experiences you’ll get to enjoy here this year. We’re grateful for everyone who plans to visit us, whether it’s to celebrate Lunar New Year from January 20 to February 15, or Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival from March 3 to April 25, to introduce your family to the reimagined Mickey’s Toontown when it opens March 8, sing and dance along to the “Magic Happens” parade upon its highly anticipated return starting February 24, or enjoy the Disney100 celebration at the Disneyland Resort when it launches January 27 with special offerings all year long.

We are so thankful for you, our Disneyland Resort guests, and are always listening for ways to enhance your experience. As you begin to plan your trips to the Happiest Place on Earth in 2023, we have a few exciting updates to share!

Switch between parks even earlier with your Park Hopper ticket, beginning at 11 a.m. PT starting February 4

Beginning February 4, 2023, guests who enter a Disneyland Resort theme park with a Magic Key pass or a Park Hopper ticket may begin crossing over between the parks two hours earlier – starting at 11 a.m. PT!* This means even more magic and more fun for your day as you enjoy the best of what both Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park have to offer.

Even more opportunities to visit with a $104 park ticket

Ready, set, book! We’re happy to share that the Disneyland Resort reservation calendar will offer nearly two months worth of $104 park ticket dates throughout 2023, which means additional opportunities to enjoy our lowest one-day, one-park ticket price while creating moments destined to become memories.** And with so many exciting new offerings from the two new nighttime spectaculars –”Wondrous Journeys” at Disneyland park and “World of Color – ONE” at Disney California Adventure park – to Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, all opening January 27, plus returning favorite festivals, classic attractions, delicious food and beverage offerings and so much more, 2023 is a fantastic time to visit the Disneyland Resort!

Complimentary Disney PhotoPass digital attraction photos for you to take home as a souvenir

So many of us have treasured memories captured in the form of attraction photos – whether it’s huge screams on your first Space Mountain ride or victorious smiles crossing the finish line on Radiator Springs Racers, these are some of the best moments to take home from your visit. As a “thank-you” to our incredible Disneyland Resort guests, we’re excited to make Disney PhotoPass digital photo downloads captured on any Disney PhotoPass available attraction during a park visit, complimentary for all ticketed park guests on the Disneyland app starting February 4, throughout the Disney100 celebration at the Disneyland Resort.***

More opportunities to join the Magic Key program

We’ve been thrilled to see the incredible ongoing demand for our Magic Key program, which provides reservation-based admission to one or both Disneyland Resort theme parks throughout the year – not to mention the chance to unlock the magic visit after visit! Disneyland Resort will make select Magic Key passes available for new sales from time to time throughout 2023 as pass inventory becomes available. Continue to check Disneyland.com/MagicKey for pass on sale dates and availability.****

And as we shared before, our Southern California resident ticket offer is a golden opportunity for eligible guests to purchase a special 3-day weekday ticket valid through May 25 and enjoy what this new year has in store for Disneyland Resort. See you in the parks!

Don't know why they'd keep the parkhopper rule at all if they'll let you parkhop before lunch, but I guess this is less stupid than having to wait until 1.

I don't know if the $104 park ticket mentioned is just highlighting that it exists or if they expanded the number of days at that tier but either way, meh.

Nice move with the free ride photos - I've always thought they should all be free permanently because it's simply good advertising online and with friends & family.

Magic Key blurb is basically a non-starter.

PiratesMansion

That that was even a thing is insane.
Allegedly it was something under discussion back in 2017 back when my friend and I were planning a trip and booked at one of the All Stars. I told my friend flat out that if they implemented the parking fees that we were cancelling our reservation and staying offsite. Thankfully they didn't...for us. It went into effect the next year.

Such a horribly, transparently greedy policy that even the biggest Disney apologists couldn't defend.

SuddenStorm

Parking fees are standard at many resort/full service properties, or hotels that are in busy areas where parking is limited.

That said- Disney isn't a hotel company, they're an entertainment company that uses hotels as a way to get people to spend more days at their theme parks. Nobody goes to WDW just to visit a hotel- they go to visit the theme parks. Which I believe is a fundamental difference from, say, the St. Regis in Park City or a convention center hotel where you pay for parking but the convention is either at the hotel, or near the hotel at a convention center.

Disney should have just raised their room prices by $20/night on average and called it good, which makes it easier to disguise than a blatant parking fee.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Love this. Was just chatting with a friend over the weekend about the ridiculous 1pm park hopping rule.

And of course, good for Disney for walking back the hotel parking fee. I'm kind of shocked. I always tend to assume that once a corporation introduces some cynical, predatory policy -- no matter the public outcry and bad PR -- they'll never walk it back. This gives me hope that maybe, in some contexts, the suits at Disney might be rethinking some of the company's recent decisions.

DrAlice

That that was even a thing is insane.
It is still a thing at Disneyland Hotels. From the website:

For an additional fee, Disneyland Resort hotels offer self-parking for registered hotel Guests. Valet parking is available at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and the Disneyland Hotel..........

Rates For Hotel Guests

• Self-parking: $35 (plus tax) per night per vehicle
  • Valet parking: $65 (plus tax) per night per vehicle
  • Oversized vehicle parking: $40 (plus tax) per night per vehicle

Edited to clarify: Are these fees going away too? Or just the parking fees at WDW hotels?

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney should have just raised their room prices by $20/night on average and called it good, which makes it easier to disguise than a blatant parking fee.
but mandatory fees are the gift that just keeps giving.

Why settle for a hotel price increase when you can have a fee increase AND a hotel rate increase? Or one and say the other didn't increase...

eddie-murphy-im-smart.gif

Either way, glad the fee is gone. Let's hope this wave of changes is just the leading edge.

CaptinEO

Not sure if there is a general thread about this but practically every hotel I've been at over the last 5 years has been emailing me legitimate large discounts this last week (not the normal "sales" they run).

I think there is a downward trend with travel bookings this coming year and companies are being proactive.

Consumer

It is still a thing at Disneyland Hotels. From the website:

Edited to clarify: Are these fees going away too? Or just the parking fees at WDW hotels?
Unlike WDW, staying on property at Disneyland is not a necessity and the parks are all walking distance so it feels less egregious to me that Disneyland hotels would have parking fees.

PiratesMansion

Not sure if there is a general thread about this but practically every hotel I've been at over the last 5 years has been emailing me legitimate large discounts this last week (not the normal "sales" they run).

I think there is a downward trend with travel bookings this coming year and companies are being proactive.
If true, it's about time.

Hotel prices have been absolutely outrageous the last few years. I don't exactly love AirBNB, but the prices being charged even for basement level hotels have been obscene and forced me to stay elsewhere.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Meanwhile... at end of Dec my Orlando hotel room was the most expensive non-Disney, non-NYC hotel I've stayed at in I don't remember how long ago.

Californian Elitist

If true, it's about time.

Hotel prices have been absolutely outrageous the last few years. I don't exactly love AirBNB, but the prices being charged even for basement level hotels have been obscene and forced me to stay elsewhere.
I’m definitely an Airbnb gal, especially when I’m gone for over three days. I save so much money. Recently, I stayed one night at the Hilton down the street from DL and paid nearly $400. For one night.😐

PiratesMansion

I’m definitely an Airbnb gal, especially when I’m gone for over three days. I save so much money. Recently, I stayed one night at the Hilton down the street from DL and paid nearly $400. For one night.😐
Suddenly the WDW rates seem somewhat less bad.

I remember listening to a podcast with someone who stayed at that hotel when he took his family to Disneyland. Even high status Hilton members had to pay to use the pool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom