Park hopper newbie

ELG13

Ok guys, it was cheaper for me to get the park hopper plus water park instead of just the water park ticket. So now I feel like I have too many options and it's beginning to feel too busy! We were planning on splitting a day with ak and hs and doing Epcot after the water park. That being said, which park is better at night, or has the better night show, ak or hs. Right now we are planning on rope dropping ak and doing the Safari and a few little things (we weren't too impressed here on our last trip) and having lunch here ( the kids LOVED pizzafari) and then heading to HS where we have our first fp at 315. Is this practical? We have 6 of us with the youngest being 4 and 7. Is Andy's lunch box worth it? Maybe a late lunch there? We will have to do dinner at HS which I'm not too thrilled with.

nickys

Premium Member
Hbd lounge? We have a 4 and 7 yr old that regularly request sushi so they are decently adventurous eaters lol!!

Hollywood Brown Derby. The restaurant is a TS and needs an ADR. Not tried it myself but it’s on my bucket list. But you can order food in the lounge - obviously you need a bit of luck in getting a table at the right time, which may not work for you.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Ok y'all...old thread I know but I was hoping to not start a new one....we have a 4 day park hopper plus water park. I have been told that that means 4 park days and 1 water park day. I've also gotten some uncertain answers saying it is 3 park days and 1 water park day. I've asked a few people via Disney chat and they always have to ask someone for clarification so...anyone btdt???? We have plans for 4 park days and 1 water park day...

Upvote 0

cdeev8690

Ok y'all...old thread I know but I was hoping to not start a new one....we have a 4 day park hopper plus water park. I have been told that that means 4 park days and 1 water park day. I've also gotten some uncertain answers saying it is 3 park days and 1 water park day. I've asked a few people via Disney chat and they always have to ask someone for clarification so...anyone btdt???? We have plans for 4 park days and 1 water park day...

So let's clarify this :
A water add on gives you equal number of admissions to the water parks that is on your base ticket. So if you buy a 4-day base ticket, you get 4 admissions to the water parks. Unless, of course you used one of the days on that 4-day base ticket to enter Magic Kingdom, then you have 3 admissions to the water parks.
Now, with the park hopper and water add-on option, you have 4 days to hop between water parks and theme parks. If you intend to spend a full day at Typhoon Lagoon and not visit any other theme park that evening, then in this instance you would have 3 remaining days to park hop between the 4 theme parks. You could realistically go to a water park in the morning and then Magic Kingdom at night with this type of ticket. This ticket does not mean that you have 4 days of theme park entry and a fifth day for water park. That would be a 5-day pass or a 4-day park hopper and a separately purchased single admission pass to the water park.

*Anyone and everyone feel free to tell me if I'm off base with this assessment*

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
So let's clarify this :
A water add on gives you equal number of admissions to the water parks that is on your base ticket. So if you buy a 4-day base ticket, you get 4 admissions to the water parks. Unless, of course you used one of the days on that 4-day base ticket to enter Magic Kingdom, then you have 3 admissions to the water parks.
Now, with the park hopper and water add-on option, you have 4 days to hop between water parks and theme parks. If you intend to spend a full day at Typhoon Lagoon and not visit any other theme park that evening, then in this instance you would have 3 remaining days to park hop between the 4 theme parks. You could realistically go to a water park in the morning and then Magic Kingdom at night with this type of ticket. This ticket does not mean that you have 4 days of theme park entry and a fifth day for water park. That would be a 5-day pass or a 4-day park hopper and a separately purchased single admission pass to the water park.

*Anyone and everyone feel free to tell me if I'm off base with this assessment*
See that's what I thought. The guy on Disney chat explained it that it was a 4 day park hopper plus a water park ticket....so essentially 5 days. Because we had a 4 day park hopper to start with and then added a water park ticket to it at check out....bit I thought that meant 4 days total.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
See that's what I thought. The guy on Disney chat explained it that it was a 4 day park hopper plus a water park ticket....so essentially 5 days. Because we had a 4 day park hopper to start with and then added a water park ticket to it at check out....bit I thought that meant 4 days total.

I’m not sure you are correct. As far as I’m aware, you have as many days entry to the water parks and golf as the number of days on the tickets. So in your case, 4 days of park entry and 4 days of water park entry. All to be used within 14 days of first use.

It could be that there are two types of water park add-ons. I cannot be sure, because the WDW site automatically directs me to the UK site, so I can’t see what types of ticket you can get. I’m paging @Rob562 for the definitive word on this.

Upvote 0

Rob562

OK, so the key phrase in this discussion is "added it at checkout" that's throwing me...

Like you, @nickys I tried to go into the WDW ticket sales website and go through the steps. I went in and started a purchase for a 4-day Park Hopper ticket. I got all the way to the purchase screen where you enter your credit card info and did not get an "upsale" offer to add a water park ticket to the purchase. That's not to say that the OP *didn't* get offered that, just that *I* didn't see anything like that as I went through the steps.

However, there is an option back during the ticket selection screen where you can upgrade to the Park Hopper Plus feature, which mentions access to water parks, that I suppose could be interpreted as "adding it at checkout".

Here's what that screen looks like:

WDW Ticket Sale.JPG

This would then add the water parks for only $25 on top of the Park Hopper ticket price and make the ticket a "Park Hopper Plus" ticket.

So the question is whether @ELG13 purchased a 4-day Park Hopper Plus ticket? Or a 4-day Park Hopper *and* a 1-day water park ticket. The easiest way to check is to go into your MDE account and look at the ticket(s) assigned to your profile. Is it a single ticket that says "Park Hopper Plus"? Or two separate tickets?

If it's two separate tickets, they are totally independent of each other. You can use them on separate days or the same days. (And if this is what you bought, you also got hosed on the purchase since a 1-day water park ticket is at least $60 which is more than $25 you would have spent upgrading to Park Hopper Plus.)

If you did indeed buy the Park Hopper Plus, then you have 4 days of park hopping in the four main theme parks. You also have a *separate* pool of 4 (yes, four!) admissions to the water parks. These admissions can be on the same days as theme park visits, or on totally separate days from your theme park days. They have no bearing on each other.
The only thing is that *all* admissions, both theme park and water park, will expire 14 days from the first day you use the ticket to enter any park.

Hope that helps!

-Rob

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
OK, so the key phrase in this discussion is "added it at checkout" that's throwing me...

Like you, @nickys I tried to go into the WDW ticket sales website and go through the steps. I went in and started a purchase for a 4-day Park Hopper ticket. I got all the way to the purchase screen where you enter your credit card info and did not get an "upsale" offer to add a water park ticket to the purchase. That's not to say that the OP *didn't* get offered that, just that *I* didn't see anything like that as I went through the steps.

However, there is an option back during the ticket selection screen where you can upgrade to the Park Hopper Plus feature, which mentions access to water parks, that I suppose could be interpreted as "adding it at checkout".

Here's what that screen looks like:

View attachment 303625

This would then add the water parks for only $25 on top of the Park Hopper ticket price and make the ticket a "Park Hopper Plus" ticket.

So the question is whether @ELG13 purchased a 4-day Park Hopper Plus ticket? Or a 4-day Park Hopper *and* a 1-day water park ticket. The easiest way to check is to go into your MDE account and look at the ticket(s) assigned to your profile. Is it a single ticket that says "Park Hopper Plus"? Or two separate tickets?

If it's two separate tickets, they are totally independent of each other. You can use them on separate days or the same days. (And if this is what you bought, you also got hosed on the purchase since a 1-day water park ticket is at least $60 which is more than $25 you would have spent upgrading to Park Hopper Plus.)

If you did indeed buy the Park Hopper Plus, then you have 4 days of park hopping in the four main theme parks. You also have a *separate* pool of 4 (yes, four!) admissions to the water parks. These admissions can be on the same days as theme park visits, or on totally separate days from your theme park days. They have no bearing on each other.
The only thing is that *all* admissions, both theme park and water park, will expire 14 days from the first day you use the ticket to enter any park.

Hope that helps!

-Rob
Yes that does help and I'm sorry my verbage was so confusing. I upgraded them to the plus ticket. I called and checked again he he said what you said essentially. I told him we had 4 park days planned and 1 waterpark day planned and if the 4 day park hopper plus would work for that and he assured me it would. It wasn't much of an I crease in price (maybe because of the Florida residents deal) so I was worried it was too good to be true but it made more sense to upgrade our base Florida residents magic your way ticket to The park hopper plus option. So we have 4 regular park days with some park hopping and a separate day for blizzard beach. It's like an "add on"...the guy said there's usually confusion with it.

Upvote 0

cdeev8690

Yes that does help and I'm sorry my verbage was so confusing. I upgraded them to the plus ticket. I called and checked again he he said what you said essentially. I told him we had 4 park days planned and 1 waterpark day planned and if the 4 day park hopper plus would work for that and he assured me it would. It wasn't much of an I crease in price (maybe because of the Florida residents deal) so I was worried it was too good to be true but it made more sense to upgrade our base Florida residents magic your way ticket to The park hopper plus option. So we have 4 regular park days with some park hopping and a separate day for blizzard beach. It's like an "add on"...the guy said there's usually confusion with it.

Are you anticipating that you have 4 days of theme parks and then a 5th day for a water park? I'm just trying to understand.
What Rob confirmed : with the 4-day park hopper plus, you have 4 days within a 14-day period (after first use) to go to any theme park and water park. You can go to multiple parks (water parks included) within a full day.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Are you anticipating that you have 4 days of theme parks and then a 5th day for a water park? I'm just trying to understand.
What Rob confirmed : with the 4-day park hopper plus, you have 4 days within a 14-day period (after first use) to go to any theme park and water park. You can go to multiple parks (water parks included) within a full day.
Yes. 4 park days and a 5th waterpark day. I explained that to the CM and he said that's what it means. I broke down my plans for him and he said that yes 4 park days and then a 5th waterpark day is what it meant. I'm still confused.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member

He can visit the main parks on four days.

On any four days within 14 days of his first visit to any of the parks (main or water) he can visit the water parks. They could be four different days entirely from the main parks, or some/all could be the same day.

Thus you could use this ticket on eight separate days if you wanted to. As long as they’re all within 14 days of the first day of use.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Yes. 4 park days and a 5th waterpark day. I explained that to the CM and he said that's what it means. I broke down my plans for him and he said that yes 4 park days and then a 5th waterpark day is what it meant. I'm still confused.

You could theoretically do this:
Monday: Theme parks
Tuesday: Theme parks
Wednesday: Theme parks
Thursday: Theme parks
Friday: Water park
Saturday: Water park
Sunday: Water park
Monday: Water park

Or you could do this:
Tuesday: Water park
Thursday: Water park
Friday: Theme parks
Sunday: Theme parks

Or even this:
Wednesday: Day off
Thursday: Water park *and* theme parks
Saturday: Day off
Tuesday: Day off
Thursday: Day off

Edit: I'll add one thing since I now see that you bought Florida Resident tickets: If I'm not mistaken, the FL Resident 3-day and 4-day tickets have a 6-month expiration, not 14-days like most MYW tickets.
So even though you may not use all 4 water park admissions on this trip, you have 6 months to use them, even if the theme park days on the ticket are used up. Might come in handy for a weekend jaunt a few months from now.

-Rob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
You could theoretically do this:
Thursday: Theme parks
Sunday: Water park

Or you could do this:
Tuesday: Water park
Thursday: Water park
Friday: Theme parks

Or even this:
Thursday: Water park *and* theme parks
Saturday: Day off
Tuesday: Day off
Thursday: Day off

Edit: I'll add one thing since I now see that you bought Florida Resident tickets: If I'm not mistaken, the FL Resident 3-day and 4-day tickets have a 6-month expiration, not 14-days like most MYW tickets.
So even though you may not use all 4 water park admissions on this trip, you have 6 months to use them, even if the theme park days on the ticket are used up. Might come in handy for a weekend jaunt a few months from now.

-Rob
That's awesome!!!! Thank you!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom