Park attraction on the new Disney Cruise ships?

WildernessLodge

Original Poster
Would it be possible to have a theme park attraction on the new Disney Cruise ships? I know the SS Disney was an idea at some point, and although it was a much different concept than the ships they currently have, it would be really awesome to have an attraction on the upcoming ships. Obviously nothing huge, maybe a short dark ride or something? Just dreaming here =P

Club Cooloholic

Advertisement
I think the main issues are
1.How much space it would take?
2. How much maintenance would it require and can it operate when seas are rougher.
3. How do you make a scaled down facsimile of the real mainland ride, that won't disappoint people?
Putting this all together, I have 3 rides(er attractions) that would work.
The Enchanted Tiki room could be a restaurant or lounge, that guests could experience.
The other would be Monsters Ink Laugh Floor, I could see that has a bar or restaurant experience, maybe with puppets even to lower the tech costs.
Turtle Talk could be another one, that something maybe could be offered in the kids clubs.

PS- A shooting gallery like in MK could be fun, but probably not what you were thinking.

NelleBelle

I'd be happy with a bigger family pool and/or more water slide attractions! That family pool is a JOKE!! And unfortunately, my kids both want to swim in that (fill in the blank)! 🤢

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Premium Member
I think the main issues are
1.How much space it would take?
2. How much maintenance would it require and can it operate when seas are rougher.
3. How do you make a scaled down facsimile of the real mainland ride, that won't disappoint people?
Putting this all together, I have 3 rides(er attractions) that would work.
The Enchanted Tiki room could be a restaurant or lounge, that guests could experience.
The other would be Monsters Ink Laugh Floor, I could see that has a bar or restaurant experience, maybe with puppets even to lower the tech costs.
Turtle Talk could be another one, that something maybe could be offered in the kids clubs.

PS- A shooting gallery like in MK could be fun, but probably not what you were thinking.
turtle talk already exists. :)

egg

A Titanic ride anyone? 😉

A dark ride would be highly unlikely. The valuable space it would take it up for a type of experience that is disjoint and with low repeatability (for the general public) is enough to get it dismissed very early in the development process. Something like the AquaDuck works extremely well because it takes up little space, it’s scenic, and it’s integrated with the pool area. The only way I could see a dark ride happening is if it’s a shooter ride like Buzz or TSMM, or a ride themed to the cruise ship, and probably not both.

Top Bottom