Park Attendance figures??

Sire_Bobbie

Original Poster
How many people are they getting in the different parks? Last time we were in the MK we overheard a CM saying that there was 40,000 in, and that was at 1pm.

Do Disney release any figures? Do we have any rough guesses as to how many a day/week/month/year go to the different parks? I know they have peak and slow times, it would be interesting to know the difference.:confused:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Here are some industry figures (estimates) - about as good as you are going to get.

Year 2000

In the USA

MK at WDW was No. 1 with an estimated 15.4 million.

Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., was No. 2 with an estimated 13.9 million visitors

Epcot at Walt Disney World was No. 3 with an estimated 10.6 million visitors

Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World was No. 4 with an estimated 8.9 million visitors

Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World was No. 5 with an estimated 8.3 million visitors.

In terms of park capacity...

MK
At the 55,000 mark, they start slowing down admission to the
Magic Kingdom (usually calling the parking lot full is the first step - which just means that you can't park at the MK parking lot...but you can take other WDW transportation to get to the MK and still get in).

Somewhere in the 80-100,000 range is where they cut it off completely.

Epcot is around 80-110,000.

MGM is around 45000.

AK is arounf 30000.

Tramp

I had no idea the Magic Kingdom held that many people...we've been there on several July 4ths and were told they were no longer letting people into the park...does that mean there were over 80,000 people in the park?...WOW!

Interesting stats, Steve, thanks....

Do you have stats regarding the busiest days of the years for each park? :) I know July 4th is one....Christmas, Easter...etc.

Wonder if there's a website to go to actually see the stats broken down by busiest week, busiest month, busiest day of the week...etc etc....the info has to be compiled somewhere but may not be for public consumption.

The Mom

Premium Member
We were staying on site the last time the Electrical parade left (several years ago,maybe more than a decade) and relatives in Orlando called to let us know that the local evening news stated the MK was closed. Anyone staying on site could get in, but we opted to go elsewhere that evening.(we had seen the parade the night before) Does any one know of any other event (other than those mentioned) which has filled the MK (or any other park) to overflowing?

markymark

Tramp: I asked a CM one 4th July about attendance figures and he told me that they weren't allowed to say coz of the value if Disney stock. Does anyone know if this is true, and why?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There are no detailed stats released by Disney. The industry estimates are about the closest you can get.

Magic Kingdom
15.4 million

Epcot Center
10.6 million

Disney-MGM Studios
8.9 million

Disney’s Animal Kingdom
8.3 million

Universal Studios at Universal Orlando
8.1 million

Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando
6.0 million

SeaWorld of Florida
5.2 million

Blizzard Beach
2.0 million

Typhoon Lagoon
1.8 million

Church Street Station
1.3 million

Wet ‘N Wild 1.3 million
La Nuoba presented by Cirque du Soleil

Ripley’s Believe It or Not!

WonderWorks

Fun Spot

Water Mania
400,000+

Gatorland, Inc.

Orlando Science Center

Wekiwa Springs State Park

Central Florida Zoological Park

Titanic-The Exhibit
200,000+

Skull Kingdom

Harry P. Leu Gardens

Forever Florida

Orlando Museum of Art 99,607

markymark

Wow!! 92,000 people on Christmas Day. I bet it's is a fantastic day to be in the MK. Slightly different from the English Christmas Day. Food.. Queens speach..Food & Drink..Sleep / Old James Bond Movie..Food..Charades with Aunty Mabel..Sleep.

I know where I'd rather be, and it ain't watching her majesty!!

M

Mr Lightbeer

Originally posted by markymark
Tramp: I asked a CM one 4th July about attendance figures and he told me that they weren't allowed to say coz of the value if Disney stock. Does anyone know if this is true, and why?

Why is Disney stock so expensive?
Chkicken stock and Beef stock is 87p at the kwicky :D

markymark

It's because they have to fly it in. I believe The Aldi is getting some EuroDisney Stock. Not quite as good, but thats going for about 2.45 for a pack of 10

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom