Park and Dining Reservations Genie+?

CaptinEO

Original Poster
With all the trouble for APs getting reservations I was thinking.

Do you think it's possible that Disney will
utilize the park reservation scarcity as an up charge?

Something like "The park is full but for 40 dollars you can get instant access to a reservation!".

They can do the same with dining, which they also made impossible to get as they randomly release it now (not 60 days).

mp2bill

With all the trouble for APs getting reservations I was thinking.

Do you think it's possible that Disney will
utilize the park reservation scarcity as an up charge?

Something like "The park is full but for 40 dollars you can get instant access to a reservation!".

They can do the same with dining, which they also made impossible to get as they randomly release it now (not 60 days).
Doing some searching for a question I have and came across your post. Since nobody else answered, I figured I'd throw in my two cents.

I don't know that they'll definitely do that, but I certainly do think it's a possibility. It seems to me that Chapek has used Covid as an opportunity (I don't know that Iger or even Eisner wouldn't have as well...at least maybe not with Roy E. was still in the picture) to nickel and dime us up the wahzoo, so depending on how profitable Genie+ is, along with the single ride Lightning Lane upcharges, I can see them expanded to other areas.

My hope is that after a year or so, people stop ponying up, but there's very little hope there.

CaptinEO

Original Poster
Doing some searching for a question I have and came across your post. Since nobody else answered, I figured I'd throw in my two cents.

I don't know that they'll definitely do that, but I certainly do think it's a possibility. It seems to me that Chapek has used Covid as an opportunity (I don't know that Iger or even Eisner wouldn't have as well...at least maybe not with Roy E. was still in the picture) to nickel and dime us up the wahzoo, so depending on how profitable Genie+ is, along with the single ride Lightning Lane upcharges, I can see them expanded to other areas.

My hope is that after a year or so, people stop ponying up, but there's very little hope there.
You probably aren't wrong, I'm sure all things are on the cards.

It's sad the company's current MO is to go out of their way to inconvenience guests to create up charges to skip their own inconveniences.

For some reason Disney belives this weird method is more profitable than providing world class customer service and charging higher prices to account for it.

mp2bill

You probably aren't wrong, I'm sure all things are on the cards.

It's sad the company's current MO is to go out of their way to inconvenience guests to create up charges to skip their own inconveniences.

For some reason Disney belives this weird method is more profitable than providing world class customer service and charging higher prices to account for it.
You and I are on the same page. And I know it’s ultra expensive, but I can’t believe they haven’t announced the long-fabled 5th gate. With all the apparent concern about spreading out crowds via park reservations, it seems to me that a simple and very profitable fix would be to give people more space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom