Park Admission

RBonni88

Hello everyone,

my wife and I moved to the US about a year ago. I remember when we went to WDW on our vacation about 4 yrs ago, we were able to buy a 10-day admission ticket and use it within one year. Unfortunately, that was not a possibility back then because we would need to fly in from Germany again. Now that we are living in South Carolina, we thought about getting ten-day admission tickets. It just looks like now, that since COVID you have to select a certain time frame when to enter the park so you have to set a specific date first when to enter the park the first time and then use all the tickets within let's say 20 days. Does that sound about right, then it would not make sense to get the 10-day admission again.

Thank you and best kind regards,
Robin

JaxFLBear

It just looks like now, that since COVID you have to select a certain time frame when to enter the park so you have to set a specific date first when to enter the park the first time and then use all the tickets within let's say 20 days. Does that sound about right, then it would not make sense to get the 10-day admission again.
That started a couple of years before COVID.

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Hello everyone,

my wife and I moved to the US about a year ago. I remember when we went to WDW on our vacation about 4 yrs ago, we were able to buy a 10-day admission ticket and use it within one year. Unfortunately, that was not a possibility back then because we would need to fly in from Germany again. Now that we are living in South Carolina, we thought about getting ten-day admission tickets. It just looks like now, that since COVID you have to select a certain time frame when to enter the park so you have to set a specific date first when to enter the park the first time and then use all the tickets within let's say 20 days. Does that sound about right, then it would not make sense to get the 10-day admission again.

Robin

It might not be a good choice for you as a 10-day admission ticket has a 14 day time period from the first day of use. That means all park admissions must be consumed in the 13 days following the first day of use.

The change since 4 years ago is they did away with never expiring admission. They all expire now. You can use the unused days towards the purchase of new admission.

Upvote 0

JaxFLBear

It cannot have been a COUPLE of years before COVID. It was still possible last time we went Dec 2018, so 37 months ago. Since covid is a thing for 22 months now it can't be like that longer than a year before COVID
Tickets purchased on or after Oct 16, 2018 were dated based. Some 3rd party sellers (like Undercover Tourist) had a limited stock of non-date based tickets that were available until sold out. Tickets purchased prior to that date had different use rules.

Upvote 0

Atlantix2000

From Disney's website - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/converting-old-tickets/

As of 2004, the default was tickets expire after 14 days from first use. There was a "No expiration" option that could be purchased. It looks like that option went away in 2017 but I can't provide a link with a conclusive date. (Actually looks like another poster supplied the official date while I was typing this.)

This was definitely not a covid effect.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

It was not a Covid driven policy. It was a policy meant to tighten up the usage of paid tickets in a timely manner. Having a non expiring system in place Disney was potentially at a disadvantage with an unknown profit drain. When ticket prices would increase, Disney wasnt getting the value of a day when those tickets were being used. They gained by having tickets paid for that were lost or sitting unused in a drawer, never to be used. Now when tickets are paid for Disney and must be used or expire, they can better account for days paid for and used.

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

Hello everyone,

Robin
I remember years ago when Disney tickets never expired. In fact, I was speaking to someone at the Orlando airport that was angry because people would approach people to buy back tickets that they did not use and then resell them to Orlando people.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom