Paris tried a knockoff GOTG: MB on their Tower of Terror and failed.

Rodj

Original Poster
I know, this actually happened in early July, but I have not seen anything on WDWMAGIC about it, so I thought I would share it.

On July 7th, WDSP hosted a special Marvel event where many things around were themed to Marvel, including the RnRC and ToT.
Ill give some general info about what they did with the ToT according to articles and a video. Many things were taken out of the lobby, pre-show was completely skipped, boiler room audio disabled, and the ride was "altered". During the night, a projection of Mission Breakout was on the tower.
For the ride aspect, it was mostly just like the DCA's ToT Late Night Checkout, but with some differences. The work lights were on in the Basement loading levels, no audio whatsoever on the ride, and the exterior doors never opened. I heard that later on in the night, they did have some Mission Breakout audio play.
The same general changes were done with the RnRC, however I think this was just a big massive fail, the only thing that made the Tower there somewhat resemble MB was the exterior projection. If Paris REALLY wanted to try and make it more like MB that day, they could have at least had the library play the MB backup video(whenever the AA did not work), had a Rocket projection on the Basement levels, and had a temporary projection screen in front of the mirror that could display some MB clips.

Here is a video of the ride part:

orlando678-

Well it was said to be a test, to see if a MB overlay would be a popular idea with the Guests. Of course, they could have done a better job, but in the end the idea seemed unpopular with Guests so the plans were almost completely scrapped.

Den Carter

I was there and it was ‘interesting’. From a fan perspective, I enjoyed the opportunity to have a new experience, but it really wasn’t good at all. I love both ToT and GotG:MB equally, but the DLP Marvel night experience was just plain weird. It was nothing like either ride. It was just a drop ride in the dark without a theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom