Paris and Nice or Paris and Disneyland...

DfromATX

Original Poster
If you were going to France, is Nice worth visiting or would you rather spend more time at Disneyland? Originally planning for a few days in Paris, plus one day only at Disneyland, then travelling to Nice (and the area around it) for a few days. Now wondering if Nice is worth it and would it be better to spend a few days in the Disneyland area.

What would you rather do?

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

As a disclaimer, I have never been to Nice, though a friend of mine just came back from there with very nice photos!

Overall, I find 2 days an optimal length of time at DLP. If you had more time and wanted to take it slow, sure, you could another day or so. If you are pressed for time, though, and it's a choice between spending one day at DLP and seeing somewhere else like Nice vs. spending more time at DLP and cutting out another part of France, I would choose the one day and seeing more of France. The two parks are close enough that you can see both in one day if need be, and it's better to be left wanting to return than getting a bit bored and being happy to leave, IMO.

Of course, it does also depend what you're into. If you're not that curious about seeing new cities, etc. and prefer Disney theme park vacations, it's perfectly valid to prioritise time at a Disney theme park. Just keep in mind that it's not WDW nor even DLR-sized as far as the parks go.

DfromATX

Original Poster
Agree with both of you. Even as I tossed around the idea I thought to myself it would be crazy to go all that way and not go see Nice (and Monaco, which is only like 20 minutes away). I mean, we're talking the French Riviera here. My husband loves Disney as much as I do and he barely wanted to use up one day to go there lol. I guess one day at DLP should be sufficient!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Agree with both of you. Even as I tossed around the idea I thought to myself it would be crazy to go all that way and not go see Nice (and Monaco, which is only like 20 minutes away). I mean, we're talking the French Riviera here. My husband loves Disney as much as I do and he barely wanted to use up one day to go there lol. I guess one day at DLP should be sufficient!

If you are able to on a weekday, outside of school holidays (and beware: certain months France has several bank holidays), you should be able to see quite a bit of both parks. Taking advantage of single rider lines (if open) will save you loads of time for those rides that have it except on Crush’s Coaster - you are likely to wait just as long as the standby line.

Robbiem

Nice is nice (sorry!) and a lovely place to visit but it is seasonal. If you visit outside of the summer months you will still have a great time but restaurants etc might not be open. Monte Carlo is an easy trip from there as well, well worth going and the train ride along the coast is beautiful.

I wouldn’t stay at Paris and DLP. The resort is easy to get to from the city in under an hour by train so just go from the city and save your moving time to explore some more

Goodeone

In my opinion, cramming all of DLP into a single day will make you miss out on the best aspect of the resort. For this particular trip you may want to ditch DLP and do an extra night in Paris or Nice, and come back to DLP another time (maybe when more is open at the Studios) and stay 2-3 nights.

In early March of 2020 (immediately before things shut down) my wife and a couple friends flew out to Glasgow for a different friend's wedding. We spent 3 nights in Glasgow, then the couple that just got married joined us for 3 nights at DLP and 3 nights in Paris.

Having 2 full days (and part of a 3rd) at the resort was fantastic. It's all the small details at DLP that set it apart from the US parks. It was still like the Disney of old at that time, you could walk the park as you saw fit and didn't need to do a ton of planning. Many of the attractions themselves (save for Phantom Manor, BTMRR, and Space Mountain) aren't up to par with their US counterparts. I'm not sure how enjoyable the resort would be packed into a single day. It's more like a fine wine, meant to be shipped slowly.

Brummyboy92

Nice all the way. I think if you go to Disney from opening to close, you will get to see most of it, and get a good feel for the park/parks in a single day. The studios park is a real let down to be honest, so unless there is something you really want to do, maybe Crush or Rat, I'd forget it all together.

EPCOTCenterLover

If you were going to France, is Nice worth visiting or would you rather spend more time at Disneyland? Originally planning for a few days in Paris, plus one day only at Disneyland, then travelling to Nice (and the area around it) for a few days. Now wondering if Nice is worth it and would it be better to spend a few days in the Disneyland area.

What would you rather do?

I've been to Nice, Paris, and DLP. (As a Disney fan, do not miss the most beautiful Magic Kingdom ever!)

Nice is a beautiful area, and the nearby village of St. Paul de Vence is GORGEOUS. The beaches are stunning, and the drives around it lovely.

Make sure to check out https://www.carrieres-lumieres.com/en
^^^
One of the most amazing things we have ever seen! And we've been blessed to travel a lot!

LondonTom

Depends if you think you will be in Europe (presuming you are not based in Europe 😂) again or if this is more of a once in lifetime type trip (or it will be a very long time before you get back).

I think most of DLP is totally doable in a day, especially if you get there at opening and with the lack of shows (and crowds) at the moment. (Just eat when you see an opportunity rather than lunch time, as the lines for food can be quite long, sometimes even with reservation it can take a while).

But if its less of a one off trip to Europe, I'd take the two days and go at a more relaxed pace and get to take it all in a bit more. Its beautiful Park to just explore and wonder about (though my favourite past time of sitting in the Disneyland Hotel bar Cafe Fantasia isn't available at the moment 😂)

The Empress Lilly

If you're a Disney fan, by all means just visit DLP.

If you would spend your vacation days visiting foreign art museums or zoos or architectural treasures, why feel you're missing out by spending them on visiting Disney parks? These are also local cultural sights, works of great creative effort.

DfromATX

Original Poster
Depends if you think you will be in Europe (presuming you are not based in Europe 😂) again or if this is more of a once in lifetime type trip (or it will be a very long time before you get back).

I think most of DLP is totally doable in a day, especially if you get there at opening and with the lack of shows (and crowds) at the moment. (Just eat when you see an opportunity rather than lunch time, as the lines for food can be quite long, sometimes even with reservation it can take a while).

But if its less of a one off trip to Europe, I'd take the two days and go at a more relaxed pace and get to take it all in a bit more. Its beautiful Park to just explore and wonder about (though my favourite past time of sitting in the Disneyland Hotel bar Cafe Fantasia isn't available at the moment 😂)

I am from Texas. :) The plan is to spend about a week in London first. London would get a whole week and, by the way, I've got two pages of an itinerary so far! There's just not enough time!! Then we'd travel to Paris for a few days, then Nice for a few days, circling back to London for one more day before our flight home. (The reason we would fly back to London like that instead of flying from France is because we can fly direct and round trip tickets aren't too much.) This would likely be a one time for London and France, but we will visit other countries.

We would definitely plan DLP on a weekday and get there at opening, and we are shooting for a late May trip. I would prefer to "savor it" and take my time, but there's so many other things to do in Paris alone, I doubt we would be able to spare more than one day. I would be happy just being there.

DfromATX

Original Poster
Nice all the way. I think if you go to Disney from opening to close, you will get to see most of it, and get a good feel for the park/parks in a single day. The studios park is a real let down to be honest, so unless there is something you really want to do, maybe Crush or Rat, I'd forget it all together.

I've heard that a lot about Studios so that may be what we end up doing. Thank you.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
If you are shooting for late May 2022, just be aware that Thursday, 26 May is a holiday (as well as Monday 6 June - if by saying late May that would be the start of your trip and not your week in France).

Whatever you decide, I’m sure you will have a fantastic trip 😊

DfromATX

Original Poster
If you are shooting for late May 2022, just be aware that Thursday, 26 May is a holiday (as well as Monday 6 June - if by saying late May that would be the start of your trip and not your week in France).

Whatever you decide, I’m sure you will have a fantastic trip 😊

Thank you, for the info. It would be for 2023, but in planning and doing mock bookings with the 2022 calendar, that's how I learned about Ascension Day lol.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thank you, for the info. It would be for 2023, but in planning and doing mock bookings with the 2022 calendar, that's how I learned about Ascension Day lol.

Then in May 2023 it would be Thursday, 18 May and Monday, 29 May (school calendars are published several years in advance)

DCLcruiser

I have not been to Nice, but I know people who loved it. That being said, it is a lot farther away than DLP.

We did 2 days in Paris, 1 day in DLP and 1 day at Versailles. We stayed in Paris each night. There was a DLP bus that picks you up in Paris and takes you back.

You can easily do all of DLP in one day (at least we did in 2015).

LondonTom

I am from Texas. :) The plan is to spend about a week in London first. London would get a whole week and, by the way, I've got two pages of an itinerary so far! There's just not enough time!! Then we'd travel to Paris for a few days, then Nice for a few days, circling back to London for one more day before our flight home. (The reason we would fly back to London like that instead of flying from France is because we can fly direct and round trip tickets aren't too much.) This would likely be a one time for London and France, but we will visit other countries.

We would definitely plan DLP on a weekday and get there at opening, and we are shooting for a late May trip. I would prefer to "savor it" and take my time, but there's so many other things to do in Paris alone, I doubt we would be able to spare more than one day. I would be happy just being there.
Ah brilliant. Living in London I always forget how much there is to do for people who come here and yes the France to US flights seem to have dried up, even for closer use places like Boston. They may come back, as there used to be a quite a few options, my partners American on our trips she would sometimes fly straight into Paris but getting the Eurostar from London to Paris is an adventure on its own! (If you chose that route, I'd highly recommend it over flying).

Yeah a weekday not in holiday times (you might want to keep an eye on UK school holidays as prices and crowds can go up with those too), you will be more than likely be able to get anything you want to see at DLP done!

Robbiem

I hope you have a ‘jolly holiday’. Like Londontom saidyou forget how much there is for people to see and do in London, growing up here its just the norm 😀. Hopefully things will be more normal by next may but without the tourist crowds so you get to have a nice time

DfromATX

Original Poster
I hope you have a ‘jolly holiday’. Like Londontom saidyou forget how much there is for people to see and do in London, growing up here its just the norm 😀. Hopefully things will be more normal by next may but without the tourist crowds so you get to have a nice time
Thank you and I certainly hope things get better soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom