Parents with littles (8-10 months), need your advice!!

ELG13

We will be returning end of April with our son who will be 9.5 months (and our other two kids šŸ˜). We just got back from a trip with our older kids and have never taken either when they were that small. We will be staying at the cabins at fort wilderness so returning for a nap will be easy from MK. Any tips for returning from other parks? I was thinking I could maybe let him take his first nap at the cabin and then wear him for his second. I was also surprised that the companion bathrooms we used did not have changing tables in them so I assume the only place would be regular restrooms. I found it odd there weren't any in the companion bathrooms since that's a much more controlled environment. The loud flushing seems to scare most babies. I also thought there was a place we could go to feed littles? Really, any tips or suggestions or even things you brought or bought that you thought made the trip easier (in the parks and in the rooms) would be appreciated! We plan on making bedtime as close to familiar as we can woth his sound machine and crib sheets from home. I am trying to decide if I should rent a full size crib or use the pack n play that is provided. He's never slept in one and I'm not sure if I should just try it or avoid it. We are also trying to decide if we should bring our stroller or rent one from an off site company. I'm not a huge fan of his stroller for even here around town. I just don't know if we will have room for it at this point šŸ¤£ six people, 7 nights....that's a lot of stuff lol. We go often enough that I'm not super worried about missing out on things. My mom and my husband will be with us so we have lots of hands to help! Thanks!!

RememberWhen

Thereā€™s a baby care center in each park. Should be findable on the paper or digital maps. Usually near first aid if I remember correctly.

Seems reasonable to wear baby for a nap. Depends on the kiddo. Some are fine napping in a stroller, some less so. We have rented strollers before and really like the City Mini. Enough that we ended up buying one. It reclines and has a great shade.

I was also annoyed about the companion restrooms not always having a changing table

Upvote 0

belledream

There is a Baby Care Center at each park that has private rooms for nursing, and also a room with a bunch of changing tables that we liked to use any time we could, as opposed to the public restrooms. The tables had a little padding compared to the rock hard surfaces in the bathrooms, and we really appreciated the disposable covers that were provided.

We brought our own stroller because we felt he'd be more comfortable in it, and it was very useful to have at the airport (if you're flying, that is). We also brought a stroller fan which was a lifesaver.

We requested a crib but our resort only had Pack n Plays (which was just fine) but I guess that means there may be cribs out there somewhere. ;)

As for the napping, we didn't know what to expect, but he fell conveniently fell asleep on rides like Spaceship Earth and Tomorrowland Transit Authority, which was very convenient. If he was tired, he'd find a way to fall asleep.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Thereā€™s a baby care center in each park. Should be findable on the paper or digital maps. Usually near first aid if I remember correctly.

Seems reasonable to wear baby for a nap. Depends on the kiddo. Some are fine napping in a stroller, some less so. We have rented strollers before and really like the City Mini. Enough that we ended up buying one. It reclines and has a great shade.

I was also annoyed about the companion restrooms not always having a changing table
Baby care center..I couldn't for the life of my think of the name!! I was so surprised they didn't have changing tables in there. I honestly thought if they were anywhere they'd be in there!

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
There is a Baby Care Center at each park that has private rooms for nursing, and also a room with a bunch of changing tables that we liked to use any time we could, as opposed to the public restrooms. The tables had a little padding compared to the rock hard surfaces in the bathrooms, and we really appreciated the disposable covers that were provided.

We brought our own stroller because we felt he'd be more comfortable in it, and it was very useful to have at the airport (if you're flying, that is). We also brought a stroller fan which was a lifesaver.

We requested a crib but our resort only had Pack n Plays (which was just fine) but I guess that means there may be cribs out there somewhere. ;)

As for the napping, we didn't know what to expect, but he fell conveniently fell asleep on rides like Spaceship Earth and Tomorrowland Transit Authority, which was very convenient. If he was tired, he'd find a way to fall asleep.
Ok perfect thanks! I'll probably plan his diaper changes around the centers just because those toilets flush SO LOUD. Our son with autism hates the bathrooms and we forgot his ear muffs this last trip so we generally had to always find the companion bathrooms for him so I could block the sensor. I would be renting a crib from the same place I may rent the stroller from. I just do not like his ata all and we've always used the citi mini as well and felt it held all our stuff well!
Napping is what I'm the most curious about for him. Are the baby care centers quiet?? I mean I expect some noise but there's not usually kids just running wild is there? He may fall asleep while he eats in there if it's not too crazy.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Definitely yes on the stroller fan! We also bought a tray for the City Mini we rented. Was convenient for a water bottle and little snacks. And a light muslin blanket to throw over legs for shade.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Definitely yes on the stroller fan! We also bought a tray for the City Mini we rented. Was convenient for a water bottle and little snacks. And a light muslin blanket to throw over legs for shade.
Oh good call..I forgot the rental strollers are just open. We used it for our 3 yr old so we didn't need the tray but I would have been struggling to find something for our little guy!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

belledream

Ok perfect thanks! I'll probably plan his diaper changes around the centers just because those toilets flush SO LOUD. Our son with autism hates the bathrooms and we forgot his ear muffs this last trip so we generally had to always find the companion bathrooms for him so I could block the sensor. I would be renting a crib from the same place I may rent the stroller from. I just do not like his ata all and we've always used the citi mini as well and felt it held all our stuff well!
Napping is what I'm the most curious about for him. Are the baby care centers quiet?? I mean I expect some noise but there's not usually kids just running wild is there? He may fall asleep while he eats in there if it's not too crazy.
There's only one center per park, so I don't think you can count on going there for each change, but definitely when you're in the area. Luckily, MK's is the most accessible in my opinion. :)

In general, I wouldn't say they are that quiet, with people talking and babies crying, but if you're in a private room with the door closed, it may be better... better than being outside for sure! My 7 month old can sleep through anything as long as I'm holding her. :p

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
There's only one center per park, so I don't think you can count on going there for each change, but definitely when you're in the area. Luckily, MK's is the most accessible in my opinion. :)

In general, I wouldn't say they are that quiet, with people talking and babies crying, but if you're in a private room with the door closed, it may be better... better than being outside for sure! My 7 month old can sleep through anything as long as I'm holding her. :p
Our guy is like that as well..I think that's because she's our 3rd and used to a little chaos šŸ˜‚ I'm definitely going in with very low expectations and honestly no think the big kids would be happy to go back in the afternoon for a swim in the pool.

Upvote 0

Disneyelisa

Every time I took my littles to the parks, they would take naps in the stroller. Noise didnā€™t bother them. We also did the option of going early to the parks, back to the hotel to take a nap/rest and head back for evening parades.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom