Parents night out! Where to dine?

meganwdw

Original Poster
Yay! I love a parents night out but where do we dine? Last year we dined at CG and of course it was amazing. We will be staying at the Poly so we're taking monorail resorts into consideration but are intrigued by Bluezoo, STK, and maybe the Edison if it is open by then! Being a Signature Dining experience isn't required either. Recommendations???

My husband and I did a Parents Night Out at Animal Kingdom Lodge and really enjoyed it! We had drinks at Victoria Falls Lounge (in the main lodge/Jambo House building), walked around and watched the animals (use their complimentary night vision goggles), listened to music and sat by the fire outside, and then had dinner at Sanaa (in the Kidani Village building) that was outstanding! We did Uber back and forth from our Beach Club "home" and it worked well.

Deno

We love our kids free nights in EPCOT so this year we'll be at Le Cellier just because we've never been. I like a nice quiet meal in EPCOT and one or two (or three) drinks slowly making our way around World Showcase not being rushed or hassled to go on rides :)

NiarrNDisney

BlueZoo is amazing and I highly suggest it! Even if just getting a couple cocktails and some snacks is well worth the trip to the Dolphin!

wdwmamamouse

I agree with AKL .. Victoria Falls for a drink and Sanaa for dinner --then relax with an after dinner drink by one of the fire pits!

Also have you thought about Citricos? You could have a drink at Minzer's then on to Citricos!

Jabbas

Ahh! I regret not going to any of these places. Now that I'm expecting. it will be a long time before I get to dine alone at Disney! I would love to try Victoria and Alberts. Someday.

nickys

Premium Member
Ahh! I regret not going to any of these places. Now that I'm expecting. it will be a long time before I get to dine alone at Disney! I would love to try Victoria and Alberts. Someday.

Maybe you'll be able to, by letting the kids try out one of the clubs. You can book even if you're not staying at the same resort. I sometimes wish we'd tried it on our first trip onsite, when the boys were both the right age. Now they're older, I've decided next trip DH will be going somewhere on our own! They can visit a park for late emh or chill at the resort.

chrisbarry

Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. A table by the window looking out onto the garden and stream. Boat or monorail over to Magic Kingdom from Poly and then a nice boat ride over to Wilderness.

Take a nice evening stroll from Poly over to Citricos at Grand Floridian. Excellent food!!

Jabbas

Maybe you'll be able to, by letting the kids try out one of the clubs. You can book even if you're not staying at the same resort. I sometimes wish we'd tried it on our first trip onsite, when the boys were both the right age. Now they're older, I've decided next trip DH will be going somewhere on our own! They can visit a park for late emh or chill at the resort.

That's a great idea but who knows how I'll be when the time comes! I'm already having reservations about the babysitting issue for when I go back to work, I know I'm going to be one of those overprotective uptight moms! That being said...grandma can always come along too. ;)

We got to do a parent's night out a few weeks ago. We ate at 'Ohana with the kids and my parents before they took them for the night. Since you are staying at the Poly, I HIGHLY recommend going to Trader Sams. We didn't spend too long there, but had an absolute blast. It would be a nice way to kick off your evening.

We really enjoyed Sanaa--even with the kids. I think spending the evening at Epcot with dinner reservations somewhere in the World Showcase would be my pick now.

bethymouse

Narcoossees at Grand Floridian is very romantic. Make a late reservation... 8:45 pm and watch the fireworks from the veranda.:) Get the surf and turf ( best lobster tail ever!):D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom