Paradiso 37 opening day photos - inside and out

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is a look inside and out at the new Paradiso 37 restaurant that opened today at Downtown Disney. Located in Pleasure Island on the waterfront, just opposite Curl and a stones throw from Raglan Road. The restaurant features North, Central and South American foods, along with signature margaritas and nightly live entertainment.

You can view the photos here, along with the full Paradiso 37 menu, and the first reviews from guests here.

SirGoofy

Menu looks good. Prices aren't too bad either. I'm not impressed by the way the place looks inside, however. Not that I'll be going in there anyway.:lol:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
It's not as bad as I thought. I still miss the missing link and the PI Island store but it's an 'alright' substitute. I'll probably check it out sometime.

JPVonDrake

News to Note...

This casual dining location overlooks Village Lake on Pleasure Island and has waterfront dining featuring North, Central, and South American cuisine, an international wine bar and tequila bar.

• Paradiso 37 will be open daily for lunch, dinner, and late-night dining.
  • Hours of Operation: Sunday-Thursday, 11:30 a.m. to 12 a.m.; Friday and Saturday, 11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.
  • Advance reservations are currently only available by calling the restaurant directly at (407)934-3700.
  • Note that this location does not participate in the Disney Dining Plan.

SirNim

Nice casual interior. Reminiscent of some restaurants I've been to in Phoenix, AZ, with the high ceiling and open floorplan. The Tequila Tower is a nice decorative detail... That small sign on the exterior is still somewhat disconcerting, just because it seems rushed, or like a placeholder... But overall the exterior and interior are nicely, casually developed. And the menu has enough of an exotic Latin American flair to it so as to qualify the restaurant as someplace new and exciting to try... I approve.

yeti

Not to be troll-ish or anything, but replacing the nightclubs with restaurants was probably a good idea.

jt04

Exceeds my expectations which were pretty high. I'm not saying any more, the pics speak for themselves. This is the right strategy for DTD.

The only problem I see is the fancy screen on the turret that you see in the artist rendering is missing. I have a feeling that is still to be added and is really needed. Can't wait for the nightime photos. I love how people have already made it look like it's been there forever. And the whole atmosphere is inviting. Could become an Orlando hot spot.

Way to go TDO! :sohappy:

SirGoofy

Way to go TDO! :sohappy:

You know, I fought the urge to do this, because I know I'll just get some insane, nonsensical response, but what is with you, jt?

In other threads you say how little power TDO has with making major new decisions, and then in threads like this you praise them for shutting down PI(a major decision) and bringing in these(reads: one) third party vendors.

jt04

You know, I fought the urge to do this, because I know I'll just get some insane, nonsensical response, but what is with you, jt?

In other threads you say how little power TDO has with making major new decisions, and then in threads like this you praise them for shutting down PI(a major decision) and bringing in these(reads: one) third party vendors.

OK, one at a time. The decision to shut the clubs was before the reorganization. That said, I have no idea if that was a local decision or not. Maybe Lee knows.

Adding a restaurant to DTD would probably be a local decision. Also things like the new cabanas, the balloon ride, park hours etc. would be local decisions. Adding a LM ride and giving FL a makeover would have to be decided higher up and would be directed from Glendale IMO.

I'm not overjoyed about third party vendors but I understand it. The logistics for running WDW are just too extreme to have it run by just one company. Just way too much. So third parties makes perfect sense. And as long as it is a well conceived and unique as "37" appears to be, then I'm all for it.

I hope they find a competent third party willing to takeover the AC. I really do. And I hope it is successful.

Read this, it explains so much about the direction Disney is going if you read between the lines...

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/interview-john-lasseter

CaptainMichael

Okay, so you're just guessing. Got it.

Yes.

I find it funny that people are now heralding the decision because of Paradiso, but the fact remains, none of the old clubs have been replaced almost a year after the announcement. Paradiso is a retrofit of an old building that used to house a shop and maybe? a restaurant. Don't get me wrong, I really want to try out Paradiso, but I won't until the AC is reopened. The clubs didn't have to close for a tequila bar to open...make no mistake. In fact, I'd bet the owners of Paradiso wish the clubs were still open.

btw, according to the Save PI Blog, Motion was open last night, the dancefloor at Mannequins is still intact, and through the grapevive, the Adventurers Club is hosting an..er..event this week in the library...

jt04

Okay, so you're just guessing. Got it.

Just like I guessed Luxo would be an interactive animatronic on Pixar Place over a year ago.

I get more right then wrong. Never claimed to be an insider. Don't personally know anyone at TWDC. Never claimed I am right all the time. I can always admit being wrong if someone can prove it. Actually I love when someone proves me wrong because at that point I just became more well informed.

So yes. Many of my musings are not firsthand knowledge. They are "guesses". Very well informed and very educated "guesses".

Cause that is how I roll :ROFLOL:

CaptainMichael

I pointed out that you were wrong about the Empress Lilly Story (the one in your sig), and you ignored it. A 3rd party ruined it...not PI. Whether it was going to be PI or a New Orleans-inspired area, DTD was getting an adult entertainment area.

EPCOT Explorer

Just like I guessed Luxo would be an interactive animatronic on Pixar Place over a year ago.

I get more right then wrong. Never claimed to be an insider. Don't personally know anyone at TWDC. Never claimed I am right all the time. I can always admit being wrong if someone can prove it. Actually I love when someone proves me wrong because at that point I just became more well informed.

So yes. Many of my musings are not firsthand knowledge. They are "guesses". Very well informed and very educated "guesses".

Cause that is how I roll :ROFLOL:
Guess when we get a descent in SSE.:D:lookaroun

I wanna test you.;)

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Yes.

I find it funny that people are now heralding the decision because of Paradiso, but the fact remains, none of the old clubs have been replaced almost a year after the announcement. Paradiso is a retrofit of an old building that used to house a shop and maybe? a restaurant. Don't get me wrong, I really want to try out Paradiso, but I won't until the AC is reopened. The clubs didn't have to close for a tequila bar to open...make no mistake. In fact, I'd bet the owners of Paradiso wish the clubs were still open.

I'm looking forward to trying Paradiso 37 on my next visit, it looks like a great addition. I for one don't care that the clubs are closed. Places like paradiso 37 will get me into Pleasure Island now whereas the clubs never did. The whole PI area never appealed to me and even a nice place like Paradiso 37 likely wouldn't have gotten me to go through the gates when the clubs were open. :shrug: I don't go to WDW for clubs.

SirGoofy

Yes.

btw, according to the Save PI Blog, Motion was open last night, the dancefloor at Mannequins is still intact, and through the grapevive, the Adventurers Club is hosting an..er..event this week in the library...

Exactly, the clubs are still vacant as ever plain and simple. The closing of PI has accomplished nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom