News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Suspirian

Hey, this is a Disney Park sir. Nothing is fake!

Its:

giphy.gif

Immersive multi-level sand!!!!

Ismael Flores

I'm just hoping they eventually add trees behind it which will grow. I don't care if its a delay or something, they just need to add trees.

knowing them they will probably bring out those awful umbrellas so that people can trip over them and give the CM's extra work by having to move them every time there is a bit of a breeze of air

Ismael Flores

Even if they grow they will be trimmed alot because the coaster is right there and you can't have the leaves or branches getting in the way of the track. so i still would not count on much shade.

the track is actually pretty high up, most of it is just cosmetic to make it look like wood. The tree would have to big pretty big to reach the track. All they really needed to do is put a tree right in the middle of the benches.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

the track is actually pretty high up, most of it is just cosmetic to make it look like wood. The tree would have to big pretty big to reach the track. All they really needed to do is put a tree right in the middle of the benches.
Yeah but it could grow out and hit the support beams and interworkings of the coaster right next to it so they still gotta maintain it and keep it short.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah but it could grow out and hit the support beams and interworkings of the coaster right next to it so they still gotta maintain it and keep it short.
I think you really have a gross misunderstanding of how long it would take a tree to even begin to grow large enough to even begin interfere with the coaster. We’re talking years. Also the coaster is a lot stronger than you realize, it is a steel coaster at its core after all.

Disneyland may have issues, which we debate all day long here. But I don’t think any poster here would say tree maintenance would be one of those issues. In fact I would venture to guess a few take issue with just how much Disneyland actually maintains their trees.

Basically a good 8-10’ tree in that area would provide enough shade and wouldn’t even come close to interfering with the coaster.

Ismael Flores

I never said they didn't. again you MISS MY POINT. once again it is because the trees are right next to the coaster they are going to be constantly maintained to a point where they wont provide enough shade to cover the area.

These trees seemed to have a nice circumference and shaded the queue area of what used to be maliboomer pretty well. They are also planted right up against the track support and low point of the coaster track. Trees are maintain and trimmed to grow a certain way and they could have easily planted a couple trees around the benches without even being close to the track area

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I think you really have a gross misunderstanding of how long it would take a tree to even begin to grow large enough to even begin interfere with the coaster. We’re talking years. Also the coaster is a lot stronger than you realize, it is a steel coaster at its core after all.

Disneyland may have issues, which we debate all day long here. But I don’t think any poster here would say tree maintenance would be one of those issues. In fact I would venture to guess a few take issue with just how much Disneyland actually maintains their trees.

Basically a good 8-10’ tree in that area would provide enough shade and wouldn’t even come close to interfering with the coaster.
you maybe right. fair enough.

TrainsOfDisney

What a strange land..... it seems like they could have added a few Pixar touches without going as crazy as they did. It’s just such a mis-match of themes now.

Luxo, lamplight lounge, frozen treats, Pixar ball, Pixar orchestra, and the Pixar midway games are all wins.

Pixar Pal-around is a silly rename for the wheel that still has Mickey’s face.... but no real harm done.

Everything else is a loss... Incredibles coaster and Q clashes with the pier, Jessie’s Carousel is the worst thing I’ve ever seen in a Disney park and replaced the much nicer King Tritons Carousel, and Inside Out is... idk it doesn’t go with the pier but it’s ok I guess? If you like plastic looking decorations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom