News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

SuddenStorm

It’s becoming clear to me that the reason I go to DL is for the stuff they did from the 50s through the late 80’s.

How amazing is that? I'd push it up to '95 for Indiana Jones- perhaps the last addition that didn't also come with substantial loss. But it's crazy to think that nothing I care about at Disneyland was built in my lifetime.

There are enhancements I like- the Fantasyland Dark ride upgrades, and the Big Thunder and Space Mountain overhauls- but there's not a single attraction that opened inside Disneyland park that I think will be considered a 'classic'.

I don't want the Nemo subs to go away, but that iteration certainly isn't a classic like the original was.

And yes, I know there's the whole Resort expansion- but I also don't care about DCA or Downtown Disney. I really liked CA Screamin, especially NPH's voice work and the score but that's gone now. Same with Soarin'- and it kind of annoys me Disney dangles the superior film over us as a way to boost that park's attendance, instead of just always showing it.

I'm cautiously optimistic Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will be the one- but WDI's current track record doesn't make me too hopeful.

mickEblu

How amazing is that? I'd push it up to '95 for Indiana Jones- perhaps the last addition that didn't also come with substantial loss. But it's crazy to think that nothing I care about at Disneyland was built in my lifetime.

There are enhancements I like- the Fantasyland Dark ride upgrades, and the Big Thunder and Space Mountain overhauls- but there's not a single attraction that opened inside Disneyland park that I think will be considered a 'classic'.

I don't want the Nemo subs to go away, but that iteration certainly isn't a classic like the original was.

And yes, I know there's the whole Resort expansion- but I also don't care about DCA or Downtown Disney. I really liked CA Screamin, especially NPH's voice work and the score but that's gone now. Same with Soarin'- and it kind of annoys me Disney dangles the superior film over us as a way to boost that park's attendance, instead of just always showing it.

I'm cautiously optimistic Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will be the one- but WDI's current track record doesn't make me too hopeful.

I was going to say mid 90s because Indy is a great addition to the park but it would have been disingenuous as I rarely ride it. Yeah I did all of those upgrades to but those are all just cherries on top of what they accomplished in those first 4 decades.

I’m cautiously optimistic about the Mickey ride too but I think it’s more wishful thinking because I’m just so happy we re getting a new E ticket that’s not Marvel or Star Wars.

TROR

I was going to say mid 90s because Indy is a great addition to the park but it would have been disingenuous as I rarely ride it. Yeah I did all of those upgrades to but those are all just cherries on top of what they accomplished in those first 4 decades.

I’m cautiously optimistic about the Mickey ride too but I think it’s more wishful thinking because I’m just so happy we re getting a new E ticket that’s not Marvel or Star Wars.
When is Mickey supposed to open here in Disneyland? 2021?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think summer 2022
I think that is what I remember too, 2022. 3 year project just like most Disney Parks projects. Which I figured out the breakdown by the way based on recent projects. 18 months demo and clearing land, 18 month actual construction. So if there is no demo then a normal project should take only 18 months, but I haven't seen that yet.

Curious Constance

so i got an email today and it has this picture reminding me that emotional whirlwind is open

its like they are taunting me with the nicely landscaped artwork showing lots of greenery around the ride and guests having a great time sitting on those cool looking concrete benches under a large beautiful tree.

meanwhile i get more upset that they were so stupid to cut that out from the design and know the truth of the barren concrete shadeless area

View attachment 390253

You’ll probably get third degree burns sitting here midday.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I'm just hoping they eventually add trees behind it which will grow. I don't care if its a delay or something, they just need to add trees.
Even if they grow they will be trimmed alot because the coaster is right there and you can't have the leaves or branches getting in the way of the track. so i still would not count on much shade.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I say screw it and plant a bunch of massive trees behind Californian Screamin to block out the view of the power lines and convention center. Immersion into the pier isn’t as important as immersion into the park.
Hmm, I wonder if we could get a guerilla outfit of CMs out there planting some trees overnight.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom