News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Sharon&Susan

I predict that at D23, they will announce (kinda) Pixar Pier to replace the other side of the Pier. Goofy’s Sky School will be rethemed to Planes with no changes other than the removal of all references to Goofy and an Instagram friendly statue of Hero Plane (otherwise known as Plane Lightning McQueen) near the entrance and (The Other) Toy Story 3: Journey to Taiwan will replace the Golden Zypher with the rockets being replaced with shipping boxes.

And Jumping Jellyfish will stay the same, but now with Nemo on the sign, because who cares anymore?

NateD1226

I predict that at D23, they will announce (kinda) Pixar Pier to replace the other side of the Pier. Goofy’s Sky School will be rethemed to Planes with no changes other than the removal of all references to Goofy and an Instagram friendly statue of Hero Plane (otherwise known as Plane Lightning McQueen) near the entrance and (The Other) Toy Story 3: Journey to Taiwan will replace the Golden Zypher with the rockets being replaced with shipping boxes.

And Jumping Jellyfish will stay the same, but now with Nemo on the sign, because who cares anymore?
Um excuse me, Planes is not Pixar. It's DisneyToons 🤓

planodisney

The real irony is that Pixar Pier was pushed by certain folks within the company to strengthen the endangered Pixar brand identity, yet it actually weakens the brand identity due to it’s cheap and incohesive nature. Very ironic.
You really think a tiny land, relatively within the Disney empire, in the smallest Disney park way out west was thought of internally as a way to “stabilize” Pixar nationally and internationally?
You’re joking right?

No Name

You really think a tiny land, relatively within the Disney empire, in the smallest Disney park way out west was thought of internally as a way to “stabilize” Pixar nationally and internationally?
You’re joking right?

Go back and read what I wrote. Did I ever claim Pixar Pier was intended to stabilize Pixar nationally and internationally?* No. No I did not. I never used any words indicating how broad of a reach it would have, and indeed, it doesn’t reach outside of the few million who visit DCA each year. However it has the effect that I describe within that market. Everything I wrote is entirely correct. You murderously misconstrued my post.

*Also I never used the word “stabilize” so I’m not sure why you have it in quotes.

Ismael Flores

saw the emotional whirlwind yesterday and it's very colorful but i wasn't the only one to notice that they screwed up.

yesterday it was in the 90’s and that area felt like an oven. The lack of trees and greenery was amazingly stupid. the whole sign facade with the spinning objects and motionless statues are cool but will be their next maintenance nightmare after toontown.

the amount of concrete and rails in that area next to the signs creates a oven like atmosphere. thise purples and reds will fade away faster than a speeding car.

people were sitting on the floor next to handful of trees meanwhile stylized concrete benches placed in the middle of the sun sat empty.

There is no excuse why this area should not have had a tree planted in every possible planter available. the overly large platform that they decided to reuse should have had planters added all along the edge to help soften the heat.

Instead they added a huge vinyl looking prop, which looks cool and colorful but that radiates heat.
It really seems like they do not learn and realize that for a park that has most of their attractions out in the open, exposed shadeless areas are not good.

and don’t get me started on the fools that felt the lion king show in Palisade stage was a good idea without at least a pull away shade and that six benches were enough.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

so i got an email today and it has this picture reminding me that emotional whirlwind is open

its like they are taunting me with the nicely landscaped artwork showing lots of greenery around the ride and guests having a great time sitting on those cool looking concrete benches under a large beautiful tree.

meanwhile i get more upset that they were so stupid to cut that out from the design and know the truth of the barren concrete shadeless area

9BBADC54-3CEE-4692-9DD6-938388DFCE08.jpeg

mickEblu

so i got an email today and it has this picture reminding me that emotional whirlwind is open

its like they are taunting me with the nicely landscaped artwork showing lots of greenery around the ride and guests having a great time sitting on those cool looking concrete benches under a large beautiful tree.

meanwhile i get more upset that they were so stupid to cut that out from the design and know the truth of the barren concrete shadeless area

View attachment 390253

You know, it makes you wonder how much of this intentional. Galaxies Edge doesn’t have much shade either. You want shade? Go eat or spend money at a store. It’s becoming clear to me that the reason I go to DL is for the stuff they did from the 50s through the late 80’s.

Suspirian

You know, it makes you wonder how much of this intentional. Galaxies Edge doesn’t have much shade either. You want shade? Go eat or spend money at a store. It’s becoming clear to me that the reason I go to DL is for the stuff they did from the 50s through the late 80’s.

Wait a damn minute.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom