News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

SuddenStorm

Go visit Knott's, never seen it this clean and in good shape in quite awhile.

Haven't been to Knott's since I was in elementary school... and I think I've only been once. My attitude has always been "If I'm driving this far down the 5, I'm going to Disneyland"

But since I'll be living in Anaheim this fall, it may make sense to get a Knott's pass since it looks to be new and improved.

Darkbeer1

Haven't been to Knott's since I was in elementary school... and I think I've only been once. My attitude has always been "If I'm driving this far down the 5, I'm going to Disneyland"

But since I'll be living in Anaheim this fall, it may make sense to get a Knott's pass since it looks to be new and improved.

First off, welcome to Anaheim, hope to see you at a community meeting.

Buying a Knott's Season Pass.

Buy a discounted ticket in the fall. check it out and decide.. If you like/love the place, upgrade to a 2020 Season Pass that day, ask for the payment plan. Think about adding the drink and meal plan. Depending on the type of SP, add parking to one of the SP's.

Will you visit Soak City? Then get the Gold Pass...

How about the Bay Area or anywhere else that Cedar Fair has a park. Get a Platinum. Your Drink and Meal Plans are good chainwide.

The drink option is either a refillable drink bottle or a 12 ounce disposable cup, refills are available every 15 minutes.

No blackout days (Closed on Christmas). Knott's Scary Farm is extra, you can get a Season Pass for that now though.

RescueTheDay

Buy a discounted ticket in the fall. check it out and decide.. If you like/love the place, upgrade to a 2020 Season Pass that day, ask for the payment plan. Think about adding the drink and meal plan. Depending on the type of SP, add parking to one of the SP's.

How about the Bay Area or anywhere else that Cedar Fair has a park. Get a Platinum. Your Drink and Meal Plans are good chainwide.

The drink option is either a refillable drink bottle or a 12 ounce disposable cup, refills are available every 15 minutes.

No blackout days (Closed on Christmas). Knott's Scary Farm is extra, you can get a Season Pass for that now though.

Can we at least try to keep the Knotts talk in that post? I feel like you’re always trying to sell me on something with your post...

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Speaking of the Bay Area we better see you at GA since you're promoting the Cedar Fair passes.... ;)

socalifornian

Can we at least try to keep the Knotts talk in that post? I feel like you’re always trying to sell me on something with your post...
There’s always the games. Nothing but the best for 100 million dollar budgets. Insane value for your money. One of the highest rated attractions in Pixar Pier if you don’t include the rides. You’ll never believe reason 10 of why you should play these games
F0039E3B-7CC6-48DA-88D6-5552694BEF04.jpeg

wityblack

Ok, I found the price for construction of Pixar Pier. Incredicoaster cost 2 million for the show scenes, 2.5 million for Lamplight Lounge, with 6.6 million for all of Pixar Pier including the coaster and lounge. This does not include any development costs. It's purely material and labor, although I'm not sure if it's including prefabricated pieces. That being said, the Millennium Falcon (the actual ship, not Smuggler's Run), is listed at 4 million, and Rise of the Resistance over 55 million. Also, Pixar Pals Parking Structure is listed as 100 million, which makes sense with the huge footprint and massive amount of material required. I do find it funny that the construction costs for the Pixar Parking is over 15 times the construction cost of Pixar Pier.

Source: https://www.buildzoom.com/blog/disneyland-top-ten-20172018

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Wait... they can't even design a water fountain without it needing to be revised a few months later due to rust?

Good grief. Honestly makes me wonder what design changes Galaxy's Edge is gonna need over the next year to fix flaws in the design.

I have a feeling way more thought and effort was put into GE over Pixar Jeer.

Ismael Flores

Go visit Knott's, never seen it this clean and in good shape in quite awhile.

sadly i have to disagree, been going quite a bit and true some areas are cleaner than before but most are sadly neglected and unkept.
They are of course doing a great job in updating their older attractions and the addition of their newest coaster was done well but the whole fiesta area and the northern area if their seaside land is in bad shape

Last edited:

No Name

There’s still a Paradise Pier Hotel?

As a stand alone piece, it's actually quite nice. I think the problem with early DCA was a lot of things were just haphazardly placed together without much transition or cohesion.

And they’ve recreated that problem in Pixar Pier by having classic, modern, and fantastical architecture clashing. It does not even look right or look good to the average person nevermind someone who knows the historical period.

wityblack

I look at this picture and it makes me miss the Chinese food boxes.

That's a lot of purple.....
When I saw it from the Incredicoaster a week ago I saw them putting a decal on one of the baskets like in the concept art, so unless they scrapped it, that should alleviate some of the purple overload. Not to mention, most of the fanciful colors will be below construction wall level, so it should populate the palette.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom