News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Phroobar

too bad they couldn't make those walls they are adding a bit higher to block the ugly grease stained track supports. Maybe i should wait till they are done because those new walls might be worse than the grease stained tracks.

Seriously though, i wonder what those forms are for? They don't look like anything on the artwork

View attachment 354255
I hoped Sadness and Joy are AA figures. On the other hand, they would probably break down in the rain.

Speaking of rain, how is Luxo this week?

Phroobar

Probably turned off again for safety, but I'm sure the complaints that Disney can't keep their stuff working right will make the rounds again.
What safety concerns could there be? It's twenty feet in the air. Are they afraid it will become sentient, jump off it's platform, rain sparks on everyone and shoot lasers out of it's light?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
What safety concerns could there be? It's twenty feet in the air. Are they afraid it will become sentient, jump off it's platform, rain sparks on everyone and shoot lasers out of it's light?

Yes.

Actually, I'm just assuming because it's an uncovered animatronic they turn it off during the rain to keep whatever ground fault safety they have on it from tripping all the time and having to reset it. They may get tired of resetting it, so they just keep it off until things dry out.

It's just a guess.....though a slightly educated one. Then again, they may have things sealed well and it's not really an issue and it really does keep breaking down, but they always seem to get it running again, so my original hypothesis seems more reasonable than a simple mechanical failure on a new figure.

Phroobar

Yes.

Actually, I'm just assuming because it's an uncovered animatronic they turn it off during the rain to keep whatever ground fault safety they have on it from tripping all the time and having to reset it. They may get tired of resetting it, so they just keep it off until things dry out.

It's just a guess.....though a slightly educated one. Then again, they may have things sealed well and it's not really an issue and it really does keep breaking down, but they always seem to get it running again, so my original hypothesis seems more reasonable than a simple mechanical failure on a new figure.
Maybe they shouldn't have hired illegal aliens from outside of Home Depot to do their electrical work?

na-bh812_labore_g_20100906194652-a.jpg

FerretAfros

The sign is cute enough (the Jessie statue still creeps me out), but looking in the background...

…seriously?! It took a year to do that?! All they've done is swapped out the animals and given it a fresh coat of paint.

I don't know what I was expecting within the already-lowered expectations of Pixar Pier, but this is just pathetic for the amount of downtime it required. A travelling carnival would have completely built and disassembled its carousel dozens of times in that same timeframe. Even with Disney's slower timelines (due to the constraints of working within an operating theme park and using heavier-duty components for longer lifespans), the current refurbishment of the Astro Orbiter is every bit as extensive and will be completed in a quarter of the time.

Anybody want to guess how many millions of dollars this "reimagining" cost?

fctiger

I don't think Pixar Pier isn't that bad. :cautious:

I don't either. In fact it has WAY more charm than Paradise Pier ever did frankly. But I think what bothered me (and many others) is that it was a cheap overlay they couldn't even finish at opening. Looking at the entrance to the Jessie Merry-go-round and the concept art of the new Inside Out spinner I have a feeling if both of those were also open on opening day would've made the place feel a lot more charming (and two more things to do on top of it).

Its really no excuse it took THIS long just to change a merry-go-round that's always been there. But yeah I think Pixar Pier is fine, especially with two main rides, Incredicoaster and TSM. And it looks like its the new area for small kids now that ABL has been wiped off the map. In fact it would be nice if they find a place for one more kiddie ride to include from ABL but I guess all the real estate is used up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom