News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

VJ

Pixar Pier's lounge with the overpriced fruity drinks and nachos was one of the last times I got hammered before giving up booze, although I can't directly credit it for my sobriety. I think my moment where it clicked was a week or so after I had blacked out at DCA. I was inside the E.T. ride at Universal Studios watching the Botanicus robot and I realized I could feel happy and complete without being under the influence of a substance.
this is actually a really sweet (and true) sentiment

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
In 20 years, Luxo's short life as a moving prop will be featured in "Top 10 broken Disney effects" Buzzfeed lists. We're witnessing history in the making.

I know there are a lot of people that dislike Pixar Pier waiting in anticipation for it to break to give a little "I told you so", but I personally haven't dismissed the fact that there was a significant amount of rain a week or two ago and the prop could have either been affected by the rain or they could have turned it off to prevent damage and will keep it off until they are confident the rainy season is over for safety reasons. It may have kept tripping a GFCI breaker and they got tired of resetting it. <shrug>

Not trying to be a defender, just opening my mind as an engineer to all possibilities before automatically deeming it as a failure since we don't know for sure what happened. I'll give it a few more weeks before I make up my mind on it. It could very well never work again. Time will tell.

Professortango1

That's one of the reasons I REALLY wish they had designed a quality Star Wars land for DCA, not Disneyland.

Disneyland Park is successful. It's beloved. It doesn't need another land to add to the crushing crowds.

DCA? It needs rethink and quality attractions. It needs two new E tickets and a quality themed land, far more than Disneyland.

But Star Wars takes place in a fantasy world of distant planets and cultures. Wouldn't make sense in California Adventure.

Animaniac93-98

But Star Wars takes place in a fantasy world of distant planets and cultures. Wouldn't make sense in California Adventure.

It's a Hollywood production, with the help of San Francisco's ILM, and based on the works of George Lucas, who's Skywalker Ranch is in Marin County, CA. A Frozen Broadway musical makes just as much sense.

Professortango1

It's a Hollywood production, with the help of San Francisco's ILM, and based on the works of George Lucas, who's Skywalker Ranch is in Marin County, CA. A Frozen Broadway musical makes just as much sense.

But we're not on a movie set of Star Wars, we're supposed to feel as if we are really there. If it is in DCA, its basically telling us that we're on set and the characters are actually the actors playing the roles for these scenes. That's not what Disney is going for at all.

Frozen works because major Broadway shows often start at the La Jolla Playhouse and are hosted at major venues like The Pantages, The Ahmanson, The Mark Taper Forum, etc.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I know there are a lot of people that dislike Pixar Pier waiting in anticipation for it to break to give a little "I told you so", but I personally haven't dismissed the fact that there was a significant amount of rain a week or two ago and the prop could have either been affected by the rain or they could have turned it off to prevent damage and will keep it off until they are confident the rainy season is over for safety reasons. It may have kept tripping a GFCI breaker and they got tired of resetting it. <shrug>

Not trying to be a defender, just opening my mind as an engineer to all possibilities before automatically deeming it as a failure since we don't know for sure what happened. I'll give it a few more weeks before I make up my mind on it. It could very well never work again. Time will tell.

The lamp works now. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom