News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

GrizzlyAdams

It’s not complicated, Pixar pier is a plus-ing without a complete demolition and reimagining of the area which is years away... after Marvel Land, after Hollywood backlot area redo... I don’t blame them for wanting to fix those areas before redoing Pixar pier into some other great land on level of Galaxys Edge. I just wish they move faster on phase one and two for Marvel but I know Eastern Gateway expansion is a factor

TROR

It’s not complicated, Pixar pier is a plus-ing without a complete demolition and reimagining of the area which is years away... after Marvel Land, after Hollywood backlot area redo... I don’t blame them for wanting to fix those areas before redoing Pixar pier into some other great land on level of Galaxys Edge. I just wish they move faster on phase one and two for Marvel but I know Eastern Gateway expansion is a factor
But it hasn't been 'plussed' at all.

DanielBB8

Take a number. Marvel Land, Tomorrowland, Hollywood Backlot, Fantasyland (which actually is fine), Toontown. Pixar Pier was an interim fix to match what was done on the other side. I doubt they will revisit for at least 20 years or longer as what happened with Tomorrowland where we’re still waiting.

SuddenStorm

I doubt they will revisit for at least 20 years or longer as what happened with Tomorrowland where we’re still waiting.

In the case of Tomorrowland, it's had a number of band aid fixes to move away from the '98 theme. So what you're saying is over the next 20 years, we can expect to see Pixar Pier slowly move back into an altered version of Paradise Pier?

DanielBB8

In the case of Tomorrowland, it's had a number of band aid fixes to move away from the '98 theme. So what you're saying is over the next 20 years, we can expect to see Pixar Pier slowly move back into an altered version of Paradise Pier?
No, I’m saying if they want to do anything, it’ll take 20 years to get to that point. Tomorrowland’s bandaid fixes are to address the serious mistakes of the botched 1998 makeover.
And you already forgot the many fixes that Paradise Pier already received like the addition of Toy Story Mania, the removal of the drop tower, and many other things prior to Pixar Pier.

SuddenStorm

No, I’m saying if they want to do anything, it’ll take 20 years to get to that point. Tomorrowland’s bandaid fixes are to address the serious mistakes of the botched 1998 makeover.
And you already forgot the many fixes that Paradise Pier already received like the addition of Toy Story Mania, the removal of the drop tower, and many other things prior to Pixar Pier.

I'd assume Pixar Pier band aid fixes would be to address the serious mistakes of a botched 2018 makeover...

I'm not talking about changes made to Paradise Pier pre Pixar Pier. Every land gets changed and redone (looking at you Tomorrowland).

DanielBB8

I'd assume Pixar Pier band aid fixes would be to address the serious mistakes of a botched 2018 makeover...

I'm not talking about changes made to Paradise Pier pre Pixar Pier. Every land gets changed and redone (looking at you Tomorrowland).
Beyond what’s already going in this year like the carousel and the spinner? If you’re saying Pixar Pier is botched and needs a major change, then you need to wait in line like 20 years.

SSG

Romance is a great word to use. And the park is slowly losing that sense of taking us to another time and place. Now we re just brand hopping our way across the park.

Take Bugs Land for example. The rides were terrible but the land (and ITTBAB) made you feel like a bug with all the clever props and trees. Now we ll get to go to the mysterious Marvel campus/ business park/ Circuit city with the oil refinery/ museum/ fortress/ warehouse looking over the land. Oh ya, and it’s all ACTUALLY at Disneyland. The Fortress appeared out of nowhere and then they decided to build the campus/ brewery/ circuit city next to it.

The park is going from a theme park to just a collection of rides and brands. Pixar Pier is terrible. At least the generic Paradise Pier could still disguise itself as being of a different time and place. The agenda of Pixar Pier is so in your face and tasteless.

I get it. They need a park where they can plug and play. A place where they can stay edgy (like Universal Studios) and showcase some of the new IP they re acquiring. Unfortunately, aside from Star Wars, they are taking the lazy and easy way out.

A mish mash Marvel Land with no clear vision that’s opening in 3 phases? The downgrade and ugly GOTG sitting in Hollywoodland for years? Pixar Pier? Even Soarin over the world was a huge downgrade in its experience AND thematically.
You had me at brewery.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The only problem I see with "fixes" to Pixar Pier over time is this:

Critics (especially those in the fandom) will say Disney should have done it all at once the first time. And DisFans will say its expected to have tweaks and changes to fix a land over time, providing xyz land as an example.

Basically its no win either way, Disney is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

TROR

Critics (especially those in the fandom) will say Disney should have done it all at once the first time. And DisFans will say its expected to have tweaks and changes to fix a land over time, providing xyz land as an example.

Basically its no win either way, Disney is damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Had they not done anything at all they wouldn’t have been damned

SuddenStorm

They're damned right now with the embarrassing state the land is in.

They'll be far less damned in the long run if they fix it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Had they not done anything at all they wouldn’t have been damned

Yes they would because the fandom, maybe not you specifically, but the majority of the fandom was critical of the state of Paradise Pier. And even more so were the critics of DCA overall. So while again maybe you specifically didn't have an issue with it, Disney did have to do something.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They're damned right now with the embarrassing state the land is in.

They'll be far less damned in the long run if they fix it.

Maybe so, but the vocal critics are going to be vocal on either side of it. Vocal because they don't like Pixar Pier overall and vocal because they deride Disney for not "fixing" everything in one major update. So again damned if they do and damned if they don't. So I don't blame Disney for playing the long game here and make changes slowly. The vocal critics will die down eventually, and with every "fix" people become more positive over the land as a whole. Maybe the vocal critics won't ever like the land, but time makes things more accepting.

So we'll see how things play out over the next couple of years. But as Disney makes more "fixes" to Pixar Pier it should become a better land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom