News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m surprised people honestly defend Pixar Pier. Even though Mission Breakout lacks any artistic integrity and is very much a downgrade from Tower of Terror, I understand why people like it. With Pixar Pier, it seems the only reason people defend it is because they hate the “Walt right” as they call them and must defend everything Disney to counterbalance their cynical hate. It’s bizarre. I mean, really, look at Pixar Pier. It has a couple of arguable upgrades but even those are half heartedly done. The Incredicoaster is no upgrade. The Games of the Boardwalk have been changed for the worst. Pixar Fun Wheel isn’t an improvement over Mickey. Other changes didn't even open on top. I could go on here, but what is there to even defend? It’s such a bad job by Disney and reeks of the same mentality that brought forth DCA in the first place.

Has anyone here been defending it?

Californian Elitist

I’m surprised people honestly defend Pixar Pier. Even though Mission Breakout lacks any artistic integrity and is very much a downgrade from Tower of Terror, I understand why people like it. With Pixar Pier, it seems the only reason people defend it is because they hate the “Walt right” as they call them and must defend everything Disney to counterbalance their cynical hate. It’s bizarre. I mean, really, look at Pixar Pier. It has a couple of arguable upgrades but even those are half heartedly done. The Incredicoaster is no upgrade. The Games of the Boardwalk have been changed for the worst. Pixar Fun Wheel isn’t an improvement over Mickey. Other changes didn't even open on top. I could go on here, but what is there to even defend? It’s such a bad job by Disney and reeks of the same mentality that brought forth DCA in the first place.

My boss referred to Pixar Pier as “fantastic.”

SMH.

Californian Elitist

That corporate shill account is amazing. For a long time I thought it was a parody account but seeing the breadth and depth of the guy's posts and how long it's gone on I'm convinced it isn't now. Just kind of amazing how someone can be that much of a sap.

What’s even more pathetic is they lurk and stalk our conversations and will reply not here, but on their Twitter account.

That’s another level of W-T-F.

NateD1226

What’s even more pathetic is they lurk and stalk our conversations and will reply not here, but on their Twitter account.

That’s another level of W-T-F.
He is just jealous that we have actual common sense.

1545685333907.jpeg

lazyboy97o

Disney Park fanboys aren't too dissimilar to most other kinds of fanboys. The only difference is that they aren't as ruthlessly mocked, just due to how niche the theme park fandom is.
Amusement park fans and their varieties have an odd tradition of self hatred. There are whole sections of the fan-base that openly mock fans who don’t openly proclaim parks as silly, childish amusements.

MistaDee

Any chance they can fit another dark ride in the backstage area by TSMM?

Additionally, in the long term, how does Pixar Pier co-exist with the Paradise Gardens/TLM area? When there was a more cohesive Victorian Seaside era theme for the whole area I was hoping they might be able to squeeze a Mystic Manor style ride into the Goofy Sky School + restaurants plot as that’s been a rumored pad for expansion for some time.

The new theme just doesn’t have any sense of place or cohesion.

MistaDee

I don't disagree in the slightest, it's just frustrating because the huge redevelopment at least laid out a trajectory for some sense of romance:

With the DCA 2.0 redevelopment it at least seemed to me that we might have some semblance of the time and place that contributes to that feeling of being transported somewhere else that you can only get in a theme park

1910s era seaside Victorian pier

1920s Los Angeles & Golden Age Hollywoodland

1930s WPA National Parks

1950/60s Route 66

^ obviously it wasn't completely executed - but I thought things were at least moving in the right direction. Now that seems to be out the window...Pixar Pier and Avengers Campus just seem like a mall of attractions. Are the days of cohesive thematic lands outside of a single IP behind us?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom