News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

TROR

Better not tell you what they did with Rapunzel...
DfqofLlUEAAEWB2.jpg:large

tirian

Big time. Saying Screamin’ doesn’t hold a candle, Incredicoaster has a story/character so it’s better, “you can’t criticize it until you’ve ridden it!!” all that mumbo jumbo. Micechat has sold out BIG time, you’re so right. But people see right through it.
My favorite comment is the one blasting WDWMagic as a bunch of self-righteous snobs. :D

TwilightZone

Big time. Saying Screamin’ doesn’t hold a candle, Incredicoaster has a story/character so it’s better, “you can’t criticize it until you’ve ridden it!!” all that mumbo jumbo. Micechat has sold out BIG time, you’re so right. But people see right through it.
I've never ridden superstar limo, journey into your imagination, or sounds dangerous and I can still tell they are bad attractions in the same way I can tell this ride is lazy. I am a big believer that for some rides/attractions riding first is one of the best ways to criticize it, but for other rides, that is simply not the case. This is one of those rides (no riding needed).

Mickey_777

I'd be much happier with the Incredicoaster if Edna had some type of movement in both the first and last scenes. Nothing crazy just a simple AA. Give large Jack Jack some eye movement too while you're at it. Also, the experience at night looks to be remarkably better. Like night and day lol.

The rest of PP looks less than meh. Those IP's deserve better than carnival games and a re-themed spinner.

TROR

Decided where Incredibles 2 ranks on my Pixar ranking. It's probably different than the last time I listed it because it definitely shifts but the top 5 and bottom 5 are usually pretty consistent.

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 10.13.18 PM.png

And just for good measure, here's my 2018 movies ranked

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 10.10.33 PM.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ok, so I've been really thinking about this. I know this has been kind of brought up before. But now I'm leaning this way.

Pixar Pier was done to appeal to the Selfie Generation, which is a large portion of the AP crowd. This is in anticipation of next year where more and more of the APs will be forced into DCA due to SW:GE.

Now we can quibble over how every project should be high quality because its Disney. And I have a feeling some of the quality issues will be fixed over the next year or two as the project is obviously not done yet with more stuff due next year. But note this is a generation of APs that care less about the quality of attractions and more about the quality of the selfies they take. So I see PP becoming the hangout for APs this summer leading into next summer.

TROR

Ok, so I've been really thinking about this. I know this has been kind of brought up before. But now I'm leaning this way.

Pixar Pier was done to appeal to the Selfie Generation, which is a large portion of the AP crowd. This is in anticipation of next year where more and more of the APs will be forced into DCA due to SW:GE.

Now we can quibble over how every project should be high quality because its Disney. And I have a feeling some of the quality issues will be fixed over the next year or two as the project is obviously not done yet with more stuff due next year. But note this is a generation of APs that care less about the quality of attractions and more about the quality of the selfies they take. So I see PP becoming the hangout for APs next summer.
Weren't you just arguing with me not too long ago about how I was saying Disney is pandering to millennials?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom