News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

alias8703

They should add a light package that races around the track with the coaster trains like the one Hang Time is getting down the road at Knotts.

jmuboy

If the rumored layoffs and cut backs at P&R are true (to prop up the appearance of quarterly earnings reports) as being discussed in the WDW Rumors section. And if the Board and other big decision makers are both unhappy with how Avatar and Guardians of the Hollywood Hotel failed to drive front gate demand this summer.....then it would seem cheap slapping of new signs on old carnival rides MIGHT be canceled? Especially since it seems so poorly convinced and ill planned (are there even plans really)

To be totally honest - this is just my wishful thinking and dreaming only. I have no 'insider info" at all.

alias8703

If the rumored layoffs and cut backs at P&R are true (to prop up the appearance of quarterly earnings reports) as being discussed in the WDW Rumors section. And if the Board and other big decision makers are both unhappy with how Avatar and Guardians of the Hollywood Hotel failed to drive front gate demand this summer.....then it would seem cheap slapping of new signs on old carnival rides MIGHT be canceled? Especially since it seems so poorly convinced and ill planned (are there even plans really)

To be totally honest - this is just my wishful thinking and dreaming only. I have no 'insider info" at all.

I'm actually all for this fix up of PP... as long as that's what it is!
Here's what would make me a more than happy camper.
1. Complete Re-do and enclosing of the Screaming Queue.
2. Flat Ride added to last Screamin Helix
3. Redoing the Carousel to the Victorian style.
4. Redo of the last remaining original shops to match the Victorian TSMM look + New Pixar Theater
5. Adding the Pixar ball or W.E. to the BACKSIDE of the Fun Wheel while Leaving Mickey on the front (Popular Park Icon)
6. Future expansion for a MAJOR E Ticket pixar ride at the entrance of Maliboomer into the backstage areas. (Rat, Wall-E, Coco, Incredibles)

if those are the plans then sign me up... if it's a cheap slap the sign situation then hard pass.

DisneyFan18

I'm actually all for this fix up of PP... as long as that's what it is!
Here's what would make me a more than happy camper.
1. Complete Re-do and enclosing of the Screaming Queue.
2. Flat Ride added to last Screamin Helix
3. Redoing the Carousel to the Victorian style.
4. Redo of the last remaining original shops to match the Victorian TSMM look + New Pixar Theater
5. Adding the Pixar ball or W.E. to the BACKSIDE of the Fun Wheel while Leaving Mickey on the front (Popular Park Icon)
6. Future expansion for a MAJOR E Ticket pixar ride at the entrance of Maliboomer into the backstage areas. (Rat, Wall-E, Coco, Incredibles)

if those are the plans then sign me up... if it's a cheap slap the sign situation then hard pass.

I wouldn't mind either Rat or Coco coming to DCA, since both have a lot to offer (LPS or Boat rides are underrepresented in DCA). I guess that, if they are considering bringing either of them, it will most likely be determined by guest satisfaction of these attractions at Epcot (since Rat is coming and Coco will likely replace the 3 Caballeros).

mickEblu

I wouldn't mind either Rat or Coco coming to DCA, since both have a lot to offer (LPS or Boat rides are underrepresented in DCA). I guess that, if they are considering bringing either of them, it will most likely be determined by guest satisfaction of these attractions at Epcot (since Rat is coming and Coco will likely replace the 3 Caballeros).

A boat ride or LPS ride (not named Luigis) would be great for DCA. Something with a lot of capacity would be a bonus. I was just thinking it's a little unfair how we say WDI can't make people eaters anymore. It's easy to create a people eater using a boats or ominomovers but It's a lot harder to do it when you re trying to create a brand new type of ride experience. With that said, I don't think anyone would mind a good old fashioned boat ride or ominmover at DCA or (and I keep saying this on the Disneyland thread) a modern/ advanced version of Peter Pans ride system. It's such a no brainer.

D

Deleted member 107043

A boat ride or LPS ride (not named Luigis) would be great for DCA. Something with a lot of capacity would be a bonus. I was just thinking it's a little unfair how we say WDI can't make people eaters anymore. It's easy to create a people eater using a boats or ominomovers but It's a lot harder to do it when you re trying to create a brand new type of ride experience. With that said, I don't think anyone would mind a good old fashioned boat ride or ominmover at DCA or (and I keep saying this on the Disneyland thread) a modern/ advanced version of Peter Pans ride system. It's such a no brainer.

DCA already has an omnimover ride, but I get your point. The success of Frozen at EPCOT and the continued admiration for classic versions of PoTC in P&R's portfolio proves that boat rides are still popular.

D

Deleted member 107043

Another people eater like Harry Potter FJ's ride system would be amazing. Disney has to be able to use that ride system by now.

Isn't that system, or something similar, being used for one of the SW:GE attractions?

Phroobar

Isn't that system, or something similar, being used for one of the SW:GE attractions?
It would make sense that it was the Falcon that uses the arms. It's pretty neat to look down while riding Potter and see this platform with a robot arm on it driving through a warehouse. All the scenes are high in the air.

oi-forbidden-journey-behind-the-scenes-73.jpg

alias8703

I don't believe so. Alcatraz is LPS and Falcon is 6 person Simulator cabins rotating in a circle.

The forbidden journey system would work amazingly well for a Spiderman/Avengers attraction though IMO.

How great would it be to have an old school but new school fantasyland ride using peter pans overhead track system to Wall-E or Up <3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom