News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

D

Deleted member 107043

Does anyone else feel that a Pixar themed adult bar is a bit, childish?

No more childish than patrons (wearing mouse ears) and staff pretending to be at an early 20th Century bar overlooking a mythical California seaside pier.

And don't forget about the not-so-hidden Mickey's on the barstool backs. Aren't they cute?

Bar-Seating-Cove-Bar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 107043

And I'm just gonna leave this image of one of The Cove Bar's "adult" beverages (it's called the Fun Wheel) here for your amusement. :D

7d1f9bec99bf4a762b9943abab544cf6.jpg

Stevek

Does anyone else feel that a Pixar themed adult bar is a bit, childish?
I could point out tons of stuff I see adults doing in the parks that probably seem childish. Folks might say that our obsession or folks that visit DL on a weekly/daily basis is childish. Nobody will care...it's all 'bout them drinks. Especially in a Disney Park.

Animaniac93-98

Ya, no doubt. Plus it's been marred with issues for Canada's Wonderland.

Too bad Disney would never go for something that extreme. Still would be cool themed to the Incrediables.

I went on Sledge Hammer once, and I didn't find it all that interesting. It looks more extreme than it actually is.

I'd prefer a traditional Octopus ride, like what was proposed for the space initially.

Animaniac93-98

Doing more to improve the look of PP was something that was cut from DCA 2.0's budget. I wonder if the Pixar overlay was WDI's way of getting funding to finally finish what they started, knowing that IP driven projects are more likely to be approved by Bob.

I'm also going to make another wild predication and suggest that Pinocchio's will remain Red Rose Tavern and become the new home for Princess character dining. At least until Fantasyland gets its expansion.

Figments Friend

Doing more to improve the look of PP was something that was cut from DCA 2.0's budget. I wonder if the Pixar overlay was WDI's way of getting funding to finally finish what they started, knowing that IP driven projects are more likely to be approved by Bob.

You just might be on to something.....

This might actually be true.
I could see the possibly of that being one of the reasons for the project happening.
If so, then that would be welcome.

-

D

Deleted member 107043

This one-off ride system comes to mind. It's at least something different than a spinner.

107_251.jpg

I'm having a hard time seeing something like that at a Disney theme park circa 2018, but you never know what they might do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom