Parade Floats

djmatthews

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me what happens to disused parade floats after they have served their time e.g. Magical Moments parade floats, what happens to them, surly they are too big to keep indefinatly.

bearboysnc

Depending on the float. Many floats get altered through the years. Currently the floats with the snow globes are floats that have been around for years, they just keep re-dressing them differently. They just keep modifying them. The chassis(sp) & sound systems to these floats are very expensive.

Example: At DL "The World According to Goofy" took a generic float and built a Classic Roman domed structure. When that parade was over, it was redressed for the Fantasia unit in the "Very Merry Christmas Parade". 2 years later it became part of the Hercules Parade. I've also seen it used as a float for "Beauty and the Beast" in a Character Calvacade.

They recycle as much as they can in an effort to save costs

They do ship them around to other parks. But again, that gets expensive too.

Also, If you look at the new Aladdin Ride at WDW. The spitting Camels are from the old Aladdin Parade at DL.

I'm wondering what happened to the multi-million dollar flop Light Magic.

NADisney

The spitting camels are from the Alladin parade which was at the Disney-MGM studios not DL. Over at DAK ,you can find four Lion King floats form DL's Lion King parade in the Festival of the Lion King in the Minnie-Mickey Camp.

:king:

DisJosh

I think they reuse alot of the floats. If they don't use a whole float I'm sure they use all the basic stuff from each float over again b/c those things are loaded with expensice equipment.

J_Skellington

For light magic, the music is being used for the new parade in DLP, as for the floats, I don't know. Most likely angry Disney fans tore them to shreds and burned them:animwink: :animwink: :lol:

Stuart:fork:

DisJosh

Re: Re: Parade Floats

Originally posted by sillyspook13
::singing:: "They stop to recycle the magic! STOP to recycle the magic.....":animwink:

Silly, I thought it was: "It's time to recycle the magic"??

Ahhhh oh well your name says it all your a bit silly anyways. :p

DCA Fan

For those who cared, I believe the old Light Magic floats are in a warehouse behind Disneyland, where they no doubt will be spending a long time in.
What a shame, great music ruined by a bad parade.

Figment1986

What ever happened to the Mickey Mainia parade floats, i loved that parade. If they still have them, could they use the parade again. It would make sence for mickey's 75 birthday season.

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by Figment1986
What ever happened to the Mickey Mainia parade floats, i loved that parade. If they still have them, could they use the parade again. It would make sence for mickey's 75 birthday season.

I thought Mickey Mania was cool too... oh well.. :(

By the way, I love your new song, sillyspook. "they stop to recycle the magiiiiic...." lol :lol:

sillyspook13

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I didn't even like the MUSIC for Light Magic! That entire show was a NIGHTMARE FANTASMIC!!!!!!
Heh. It sickens me to think that they want to replace Tapestry with a Florida version of Light Magic....... I call it JIyI: The Parade!:hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

Figment1986

I thought that float was originally part of Mickey's Vary Merry Christmas Parade, It was later slightly retouched up for the Magical Moments Parade. I think it was at least.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by wdw100
Didn't I see a Magical Moments float in Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade...

that's the castle float, which has been in WDW Parades since the 15th anniversary parade.

They do recycle a TON of floats, but mainly the moving parts/drivetrains. For the most part, the share a dream floats are new, because not too many existing chassis could hold their weight.

djmatthews

Original Poster
Cheers guys, some interesting feedback! I guess they couldn't use the Magical Moments floats for Share A Dream as they were both being used at the same time i.e. for the press photos, these were taken while Magical Moments was still running!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom