Paperwork

tmcherok

When you book a trip, do they send the paperwork packet thing when you finish paying the trip off or when you make your deposit? I booked a trip and it is a surprise for my girlfriend so I can't let her get the mail if anything is coming!

DisneyJoe

For a package, final payment isn't due until 45 days before, and there are no cancellation penalties before then either.

They don't send the final paperwork until about 21 days or so before AND if you are using Disney's Magical Express, that paperwork will probably arrive about 30 days before.

Upvote 0

JikoMarie

I was told to expect the paperwork 45 days before the trip. We paid our package in full at the time of booking. I actually called back to double check and they told me the same thing again.

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

I booked a trip and it is a surprise for my girlfriend so I can't let her get the mail if anything is coming!

You will recieve an invoice in the mail after every payment you make. You might want to keep an eye out for those to keep from spoiling the suprise. Good luck with your secret.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

As you've booked the trip ALL correspondance will come addressed to you. So you'll be ok unless :-
1) you live together and she opens all your mail.
2) It comes with the Disney logo emblazened on the envelope

Upvote 0

LudwigVonDrake

You will recieve an invoice in the mail after every payment you make. You might want to keep an eye out for those to keep from spoiling the suprise. Good luck with your secret.

I paid my trip off in "installments" and NEVER received an invoice telling me of my payments. I monitored it all through the website :shrug:

Upvote 0

2excitedkids

i booked our trip last month and after paying the deposit the next weekn an invoice came to the house, it is a white and blue envelope that says "walt disney world travel company" on it. i have made a few more payments since and every time i make a payment, even $20 they send me the paper receipt in the mail for it. i do monitor it online also, but still get the paper invoice.

Upvote 0

HiddenMinnie

I paid my trip off in "installments" and NEVER received an invoice telling me of my payments. I monitored it all through the website :shrug:

I also noticed that. I made payments 3 different times in the process of paying for the entire vacation and I never got an invoice when I made any of those payments. The only time I received any paperwork was when we changed resorts or added my mother-in-law to the package.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

You will recieve a little booklet about a month out from your trip that has info on your resort and has your name and says something to the effect of welcome (insert last name here) .

Upvote 0

Rob562

Who Do You Book The Trip Thru To Make Payments. I Would Like To Do Tis Instead Of Paying In Full At Time Of Booking

Any trip booked directly with Disney can be paid off in installments. You only need to pay a deposit when you book the reservation.

Packages need a $200 deposit and then the balance must be paid in full 45 days before your trip. A room-only reservation needs a 1-night deposit, and then the balance doesn't have to be paid until you check in. In either case, you can make interim payments in whatever amount you want.

The one exception to the above is if you're booking a package and will be arriving in less than 45 days. In that case, the package must be paid in full when you book it.

-Rob

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Who Do You Book The Trip Thru To Make Payments. I Would Like To Do Tis Instead Of Paying In Full At Time Of Booking

I recommend using Kingdom Konsultants, a sponsor of this board. I book all my disney travel with them, whether it is a package or just a room. They are very knowledgeable and if there is a special rate that comes along that you are eligible for, they will automatically switch it over. I know of no other travel agency that will do that and they do not charge you any fees.

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

Add me to those who never got an invoice. Not that it was a big deal. I, too, kept track of my payments through the Disney Web site.

And I just paid the trip off today. :sohappy: :D

Upvote 0

sbkline

When I initially booked my trip last year, I got an invoice in the mail. And I got an invoice every time I made a change to that trip. When I had to make it one week instead of 11 days, I got an invoice. When I had to change the week that we were to go, I got an invoice. When I dropped the "water parks and more" option, I got an invoice.

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

I just finished paying my trip off last week. I paid in 4 installments over the phone each time. Each time I recieved an invoice in the blue and white envelope that was described. Those of you who didn't recieve any invoices, how did you pay? (Online, Phone, Mail?)

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

I always paid online, Krafty. Never got anything in the mail and I didn't get an e-mail confirmation either. I did get the confirmation mail after I made the reservation, but that's it.

And you can bet I have a printout of the zero balance after I made my final payment. :D

Upvote 0

Rodneyt74

I did a surprise trip for my wife last year and changed my address to work address just so she wouldn't see any of invoices.. I did get a invoice everytime a payment was made and If can't send it to a work address might try a family member.
OH I used a credit card that had my home address on it and just asked them to send invoices to different address and wasn't a problem. Think they entered my work address as main one and just had to enter my home address each time they ran the credit card.
Hope that helps. And good luck on keeping it secret.. My wife isn't a huge disney fan but she really enjoyed the surprise trip last year.

Upvote 0

crassmonkey

I booked our trip in Feb. and was told I would receive something in the mail about a month later (an invoice, I'm assuming) but nothing ever came. I called them to check and make sure our address was right. Everything wasw correct and the CM said I should have recieved something already. He said he would re-send it. Still never got anything. About to make the final payment for the trip, maybe I'll ask again what the deal might be

Upvote 0

JikoMarie

Any trip booked directly with Disney can be paid off in installments. You only need to pay a deposit when you book the reservation.

{snip}

A room-only reservation needs a 1-night deposit, and then the balance doesn't have to be paid until you check in. In either case, you can make interim payments in whatever amount you want.

Actually, you can't pay the balance off in full for a room-only reservation until check-in. So, you can't always pay in installments.

I always paid online, Krafty. Never got anything in the mail and I didn't get an e-mail confirmation either. I did get the confirmation mail after I made the reservation, but that's it.

I don't think you get confirmations for payments when you complete transactions online but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom