Papa's Birthday Trip Report [06/26/11-06/29/11)

Just got back from my Papa's birthday trip to WDW! :animwink: This is my first trip report, and my first time using my mom's fancy camera so sorry in advance if my pictures are horrendous. She has a nicer camera so I decided to take hers instead of mine, the problem was that my camera is very simple and basic so I had no idea what I was doing with hers.

A little about us-- My name is Brittany, I'm 19 and haven't been to WDW since I was 13 so this was a much needed trip. Being that Papa is 86, he left most of the planning... and well.. everything up to me, which was fine. I got to feel like an adult actually booking the trip and deciding where to go and whatnot. We're from Boston, but I go to school in NH where college is draining out most of money, so I wasn't planning on going to WDW until at least 2013, but Papa randomly decided we should go. He was originally thinking Foxwoods, but then I jokingly said we should go to Disney, and he was completely excited and went with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Our flight to Orlando left from Logan at 8:40 and we arrived in Florida on time around 11:40ish. It didn't take long at all to get our vouchers for the Magical Express, despite the line that looked huge when we got off the elevator. After stopping at the rest of the hotels on our bus, we arrived at the Contemporary around 1.

We went for 3 nights (06/26/11-06/29/1). We booked a room in the garden wing but when we checked in we were told that our room would actually be in the main tower, we were on the 7th floor with a view of the marina, pool, Bay Lake Tower, and the top of Wilderness Lodge. I don't really know how all of that works (my first time putting everything together lol) but I'd imagine the room we had was a lot more expensive than the garden wing that we paid for? However that happened, I'm not complaining, we had an amazing view and we were closer to the monorail which was good for Papa who did not want to do a lot of walking.

DSC00824.jpg

After getting settled in the room (and getting Papa's birthday pin) we got right on the monorail and headed to Epcot. When we entered the park we went right to the scooter/wheelchair rental for Papa, the walking would have been way too much on him. (Before I continue maybe I should help you get to know him a little bit better. He's my grandpa so of course I love him, but he is also at times a very typical old man. Think of Mr. Frederiksen from UP. He is very, very nice and means well, but sometimes he's just too much. :lol: I tried convincing him to rent a scooter from somewhere outside of WDW, because it would be cheaper and he'd have it the whole time, but I guess he was just too excited to get to the parks that he just didn't bother with anything like that? I don't really know, but I tried lol. He claims the scooter rentals were only $5 a day last time we were there in 2006, and now they're $70 per day, though you get $20 back with the deposit. Like I said-- Mr. Frederiksen. He didn't seem to mind paying for it though, he was just really excited to be there.

DSC00841.jpg

We started out by riding Spaceship Earth. I haven't been on it since 2006, and last time I remember the end still having the (now outdated scene with some Skype-like idea, and TV's and whatnot). The whole "re-imagined" "see yourself in the future" idea was cute, with the pictures and the cartoon, but I really enjoyed the ending that Spaceship Earth used to have. I know it was outdated, but I still kind of missed it.

After Spaceship Earth, we got a quick lunch at the Electric Umbrella. I've never been here before, but it was fine for lunch. We both got cheeseburgers, fries, and drinks. Perfect considering we hadn't had anything since about 6 AM at my house.

Next we got in the single rider line for Test Track. Papa went through the regular single line with the scooter, the CM at the entrance said it was fine, which it really was except for how it was kind of difficult for him to maneuver the scooter through the queue. He ended up hitting the sides a couple of times and had some difficult turns that involved asking the people behind us to back up a bit so he could try turning again. Later on the trip I saw another scooter go through the single rider line with a little bit more ease, but I still think they could have either a wider queue in there, or a separate entrance. Just my opinion. Papa loved Test Track though and I was in the front for the first time ever! Every time I've been on it, I've gone through the single line to avoid the wait and have always ended up in the backseat. It really wasn't much of a difference to be in the front but it was a nice change.

After Test Track we wandered over to World Showcase, and here is when it started to get extremely humid. We did the Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico, I haven't been on it since I was re-themed and I'm not sure how I feel about it now. I never thought much of it to begin with, but its a nice way to cool off and take a relaxing little boat ride. I think Papa enjoyed the air conditioning and the slower pace compared to the last ride. Next Papa grabbed a water and waited outside the Pavilion while I wandered through the shops in Mexico. There was a few things I would have loved to buy in Mexico, but being that I'm a poor college student I was very selective with shopping on this trip.

Norway was next, and we got right on the Maelstrom. The wait said 20 minutes, but the line really wasn't long and it was more like 10-12 min before we got on. I did a very extensive project on Norway in 5th grade, and ever since then I can't seem to get enough of it, it's somewhere I would definitely love to visit someday. The gift shop in this pavilion is also one of my favorites, I love the trolls!

DSC00827.jpg

We kind of breezed through some of the countries without stopping, something I hate to do but we had dinner reservations and we really only had 3 days in the parks so we had to sacrifice. I'm hoping to go again in 2012-13 to make up for everything we didn't do, and that will hopefully be my first trip with my boyfriend (if college stops draining all my money). We ended up at the American Adventure right as it was starting, so we missed the Voices of Liberty. I wish Papa would have gotten to see them because I know he'd love it, maybe next time though. We did love the American Adventure though, probably because we're both History buffs, (I'm a History major). I also noticed that the fisherman statue in Gloucester, MA was in the theater--

DSC00836.jpg

After the American Adventure we went to Via Napoli for dinner. We got the arancini for an appetizer, and they were better than any other ones I've had at restaurants around here. My mom and I have attempted to make them a couple of times but they did not come out as good as the ones at Via Napoli. This was also a nice change for dinner in Epcot because we usually end up at the same places every trip. My family seems to be very set on the restaurants that that know they like, but I love that I got to try something different. Anyways, for dinner Papa got the veal parm, which he said was very good, and I got the Margarita Pizza which was also very good, I would definitely go to Via Napoli again, though I'm still on my mission to try new places.

When we were done eating we walked through the rest of the countries. Honestly I would have liked to stop and take some more pictures (somehow even though I've been to Disney enough times I don't have that many pictures, so that was a little bit of a goal for me on this trip), but I could see that Papa was getting tired so I suggested that we go back to the hotel to relax for a little bit.

DSC00839.jpg

We were back at the hotel by 7:45-8ish and Papa immediately went to take a nap. After about an hour he woke up and told me to go back to one of the parks because he was just going to sleep until tomorrow and get up early so we could go to MK. Being that MK closed at 2 AM that night for Extra Magic Hours I got back on the monorail for MK.

When I got to the Magic Kingdom it really wasn't crowded at all compared to how Epcot was during the day. I went through Adventureland first and went to Pirates of the Caribbean. It did feel strange at first, since this was the first time in the parks by myself, but it really wasn't bad-- I actually liked it. I'm so used to going to WDW with my dad's family and theres 8 of us, so it was nice to only have myself to worry about. When I got to Pirates, during the Main Street Electrical Parade, it was completely dead. I ended up having my own boat. Which sounds really awkward but it was kind of nice in a weird sort of way. After the ride when I was getting off in the end, the CM called me Captain because I had my own ship. :p

DSC00869.jpg

After Pirates I made my way towards Splash Mountain, which I have never been on. I'm basically a chicken when it comes to any ride that looks remotely scary in any way. I hate drops more than anything, or so I thought prior to this trip. There was a father and son ahead of me in line who talked to me before we got on the log. The son was only 9 so he really got a kick out of the fact that I'm 19 and afraid of Splash Mountain. I actually ended up really liking it and didn't think the drop was bad at all. Though the ride picture of me is incredibly embarrassing from the first time I went on it, when we get the scanner hooked up I mighttttt post it, its pretty bad.

After Splash, I caught the Main Street Electrical Parade, got right on to the Haunted Mansion and headed back towards Main Street to get back to the Contemporary.

DSC00888.jpg

Day 2 will be up soon! Unfortunately I have to get to work now =[ .

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
Day 2!! Sorry about the delay, I got so distracted from planning my next trip, I think thats understandable though.

Anyways on our second day, we woke up early (don't remember what time exactly but it was early enough to see this beautiful sunrise from our balcony) :

DSC00889.jpg

We got to Chef Mickeys for breakfast at around 7:00 AM and were seated around 7:10, not bad at all for showing up without any ADRs. I haven't been to Chef Mickeys since I was maybe 6 or 7 years old, so I was really excited. Papa seemed pretty excited too. The food was much better than I expected. My mom has ingrained a sense of germaphobia in me, and at home I'm basically not allowed to go to a buffet. I'm all for being clean and germ free, but my mom takes it to a whole new level entirely. Because of her severe germaphobia and general hatred of buffets, I never really have them. I mean, my parents took me to Character buffets in WDW when I was younger, but once I "outgrew" the characters they stopped making ADRs at these places. (I never really outgrew them, I think my mom just likes to think that so she can avoid buffets). So needless to say, I was slightly worried about how the food would be at Chef Mickey's, but I was pleasantly surprised. I had scrambled eggs, bacon, Mickey waffles, potatoes and grits, everything was delicious. The only breakfast item I was slightly disappointed with was the sausage. But in all fairness, I am very picky with sausage, so that's probably just a weird little OCD thing I have.

And of course taking pictures with the characters was exciting! I am sad to say that with the exception of one picture of Pinocchio and myself these are the only character pictures I have from this trip. We just weren't there long enough to spend time looking out for characters and taking pictures with them, but ordinarily I love character greetings! Hopefully if I'm able to go in May with my BF we'll be able to take lots of character pictures.

DSC00897.jpg

Before we left for the Magic Kingdom for the day, our waitress brought over a birthday cupcake for Papa.

DSC00891.jpg

We showed up at the entrance to MK about 20 minutes after park opening, which I believe was 9:00 AM that day. We made pretty good time, for eating breakfast at Chef Mickey's at 7:10ish.

DSC00908.jpg

Before heading to any rides, we stopped to watch the dancers on Main Street, something I've also never done before. It was a fun little stop on our way towards Adventureland though.

DSC00913.jpg

Going along with my goal of taking lots of pictures on this trip, heres one of the castle. :D

DSC00915.jpg

To me the above picture looks a little bit crooked. But I'm no photographer, and I have no idea how to use my mom's fancy camera so I'll take it.

The first ride we went on was the Jungle Cruise. Its one of Papa's favorites and it had no wait when we showed up. I don't remember our skipper's name but she was hilarious. You really have to have the right personality for that job and she was perfect for it.

DSC00926.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean was next on the agenda. Again, we were able to walk right on with no wait which was nice. This was the first trip that we actually went right when the park opened and it was definitely worth it. By 1 or 2 in the afternoon it was so hot and crowded that it was nice to have most of what we wanted to do done so we could go back to the hotel and relax.

We made our way towards the Haunted Mansion next, another one of our favorites. I didn't go through the new queue though now I kind of wish I did just to have seen it. There was hardly a line either way so it wouldn't have made much of an impact on our timing, but I think we were just in such a rush to do as much as we could in the couple of days we had, and so we by-passed the new queue. Next time I will definitely check it out though.

The Hall of Presidents was next, one of my favorite shows in all of WDW. Maybe because I'm a History major, but whatever it is, it's one of my favorites.

At this point Papa took a break by getting a drink and sitting in the shade while I rode Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain. I felt bad leaving him even if only for about 40 minutes, but at the same time he told me to take advantage of the time we had there.

When I came back from Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain, we made our way towards towards Fantasyland, where I was way too excited about the construction. I can't wait to see it finished.

DSC00931.jpg

My favorite castle picture from this trip:

DSC00933.jpg

After doing a couple of attractions in Fantasyland (IASW, Mickey's Philharmagic, Peter Pan etc...) the heat and crowds really began to set in so we headed back to the room for the day. We bought Mickey shaped (chocolate covered rice krispie treats) as a snack/lunch and walked down Main Street back towards the monorail.

The monorail was oddly relaxing, while it was mostly empty after what felt like a long day in MK. In reality it was only around 3:00 PM. Maybe I just wasn't used to getting up so early?

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
Some pictures from the monorail on our way back to the Contemporary --

DSC00948.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

When we got back to our hotel room, Papa decided to take a nap. I couldn't bring myself to nap while in Disney, so I hopped back on the monorail to look around the shops at the other monorail resorts to pass the time until our ADRs for dinner.

DSC00955.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

I didn't really buy too much, honestly only because I didn't have that much money. Most of my money goes to school, such is the life of a college student. So whatever money I did have I've been very cheap about spending. I also had to buy gifts for other people who didn't go on the trip with us, (ie: grandparents on my dads side, boyfriend, his parents, etc..) so I tried to shop for them before myself. I ended up taking care of everyones gifts during my resort hopping that day, and I still had enough left to buy myself some tea from the Grand Floridian and a t-shirt.

When I got back to the hotel, we still had about an hour and a half until dinner, which was at The Wave so we didn't need to spend time traveling anywhere. Papa was still asleep so I walked around the Contemporary and played with the camera.

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00972.jpg

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

Even though it was starting to look sort of dark and stormy out, I decided to lay out on the hammock for a little bit. Somewhat cold and rainy, but it was my first time ever relaxing on a hammock, and I was in Disney so the cool/rainy was no problem.

DSC00985.jpg

When it started to seriously rain, and not just drip on me I decided I had enough with the hammock, which was actually perfect timing because I had to get ready for dinner anyways. Papa was already up and ready when I got back to the room, and after fixing myself up a little bit we were off to dinner at The Wave.

This was my first time going to The Wave, and I thought it was very good. I was actually surprised at how empty it was. I got the mussels, littlenecks and shrimp in marinara sauce. So good!

After dinner we went back to the room, Papa was tired and just wanted to get a small dessert and then get to sleep early. So we ordered room service for dessert, Papa got a fruit cup with coffee, and I got one of my favorite Disney desserts-- Mickey brownie!!

DSC01008.jpg

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
When Papa decided to go to bed, I went back to MK for the night. I was planning on going right to Space Mountain, but the wait was long and I was tired too so I knew I wouldn't be there long enough for the fastpass return time. Next trip I need to go on Space Mountain, because I don't think I've been on it since 2006 (at the latest).

I noticed the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway hardly had a wait time at all, 10 minutes if that, so I got in line for this one instead. I haven't been on this since I was 5. All the other trips in between age 5 and now, no one else out of my huge family cared to go on it, so I didn't go either. And I think some of the thrill might have been lost since I actually have my license now. I really didn't mind being in the parks by myself, it was surprisingly nice to be able to do whatever I wanted without worrying about anyone else, but this is one ride that I found slightly awkward to ride alone. Maybe I was just tired so I overthought it, but I was the only one in sight by myself. Everyone was either two adults (mostly couples) or what appeared to be parents and children, and there was me, the random 19 year old single rider. I also realized I'm much better at driving a real car.

DSC01013.jpg

Next, I walked right through Fantasyland, having just done most of it earlier that day towards Frontierland. I made a pit stop in Liberty Square when the fireworks started.

DSC01033.jpg

At this point I wasn't really sure what to do, because this was only my second time in a Disney park alone, and I had already been in MK 3 times in the past 2 days. The wait for Thunder Mountain wasn't bad, so I ended up riding that one more time.

When I got off Thunder Mountain, The Magic, The Memories and You! was just about to start, so I found a spot right outside of Liberty Square facing the castle.

DSC01051.jpg

This might be my new favorite night time show. It used to be Fantasmic! but since I didn't see Fantasmic on this trip, and I haven't in 5 or 6 years I guess thats an unfair comparison.

By the time the show finished I was pretty tired. I absolutely hate leaving the park right after any of the night time shows end, because it feels like you're part of a cattle herd. I'd rather just wait a few minutes until the rush of people leaves so I can walk leisurely along Main Street without being caught in the crowd. While the crowd was leaving in massive herds, I found a quiet bench near the hub and gave my boyfriend a call. We've been planning our trip for (hopefully) May of 2012, and seeing other couples all day was making me miss him, though it also made me super excited for our future trip.

I walked down Main Street back out of the park, moments after the swarm of people left, taking pictures along the way.

DSC01060.jpg

And then it was onward to the monorail, and then immediately to my bed.

DSC01063.jpg

Day 3 up soon!

PartOfYourWorld

Hello fellow Massachusettsian! :wave: (I know that isn't really a word haha) Really cute trip report! I love how you went with your Papa! Very nice birthday for him I bet, and really if you went to Foxwoods you would only have gotten to play Bingo, which in my opinion is the best anyways lol.

I really really love the picture you took from your room of the sunrise on the second day, its stunning! :)

PolynesianPrincess

Love the TR!! Even short, quick trips are fun!! We're making on in November 10-15. We're only getting 3 full days at the parks and another half day plus Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. Definitely enough time to do everything we want though, just like you guys!! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed Via Napoli. I've heard mixed reviews but it's def somewhere I want to try!

And yay for conquering your fear of Splash Mountain. Splash is one of my favs!! Cant wait to read the rest!! :wave:

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
Hello fellow Massachusettsian! :wave: (I know that isn't really a word haha) Really cute trip report! I love how you went with your Papa! Very nice birthday for him I bet, and really if you went to Foxwoods you would only have gotten to play Bingo, which in my opinion is the best anyways lol.

I really really love the picture you took from your room of the sunrise on the second day, its stunning! :)
Haha thats exactly what I thought about Foxwoods. And thats a quick drive for us to go to anytime, WDW is so much more special :D & Thank you! I love playing around with my mom's camera lol.

Your papa seems like such a cute little old man :ROFLOL:
Lmao he really is! He was like a little kid in Disney the whole time it was too funny.

Love the TR!! Even short, quick trips are fun!! We're making on in November 10-15. We're only getting 3 full days at the parks and another half day plus Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. Definitely enough time to do everything we want though, just like you guys!! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed Via Napoli. I've heard mixed reviews but it's def somewhere I want to try!

And yay for conquering your fear of Splash Mountain. Splash is one of my favs!! Cant wait to read the rest!! :wave:
This was my first short trip, and I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to do most of the things I wanted to. In reality it would be impossible to do everything I'd want to in 3 days, but I think we were still able to do a lot. And the pizza at Via Napoli was just like pizza you would get in Italy, after eating there I don't know why there are so many mixed reviews. Splash mountain is one of my favorites now too, which makes me feel silly for not ever wanting to go on it before this trip lmao.

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
Day 3--

The next morning we woke up early, and had a quick room service breakfast. At the Contemporary there was a card in our room with a room service breakfast menu that you could fill out the night before and then hang on the door. I don't know if every resort has this or what, but it was very convenient to just wake up and have breakfast brought to us at the time we chose.

After breakfast we went right on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. We didn't get there for the entire show they do in front of the train station but we did get to catch the end of it.

DSC01067.jpg

This was my first time actually being there when the park opened and I thought it was so exciting. I ended up going early again the day we left to see the entire show, since we only caught the end on day 3.

DSC01068.jpg

Since we started in Adventureland the previous day and only made it halfway through Fantasyland, we decided to go to Tomorrowland first.

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

I wish I got to go on Space Mountain, but it's definitely not the kind of ride Papa should be going on and I didn't want to make him wait for me to ride it when it was the last day he'd have in the parks. Oh well, I'm sure I'll make it on there in December. We did both go on the Astro Orbiter though which we love, this was also where I took the (above) picture of Space Mountain.

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin was next.

DSC01074.jpg

We actually had a really close score, I won by a couple of hundred points.

When we headed towards Fantasyland we decided to go on the Mad Tea Party. How could we pass up a 0 minute wait?

DSC01086.jpg

And of course I spent some time looking around the wall hiding the Fantasyland construction.

DSC01090.jpg

ANDDD I got my only other character picture of the trip. Papa was on a mission to do as many rides and shows as he could, and did not really want to spend time on characters. I can see his point, I mean, it was a short trip, I didn't really want to stand in line to meet characters either. But, while he was in the bathroom I saw that Pinocchio had no line at his Meet and Greet so I took the opportunity.

DSC01091.jpg

After stopping for some cold drinks we made our way towards the front of the castle to see Dream Along with Mickey.

DSC01093.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
This completely replaced any parade as my favorite day time show. It had everything I love about Disney-- princesses, pirates, villains...

DSC01124.jpg

Snow White was so cute!

DSC01127.jpg

My favorite Disney villain--

DSC01147.jpg

As the show finished, we headed towards Casey's Corner for lunch. I love sitting at Casey's under the umbrellas, with a hot dog, people watching.

It started to get really hot, and Papa decided he'd had enough for that day. I felt bad, because it was only around noon time, and it was the last full day we had, but Papa convinced me to stay out and have a good time. I went back to the hotel with him, and made sure he was all set before I left, which he was. He really is in great shape for his age, but I think the heat can definitely take a toll on him. He napped while I went to Epcot (and then Hollywood Studios, and then Animal Kingdom... and thats when I realized how out of shape I am!)

I got right in the single rider line for Test Track when I got to Epcot. The wait time said 40 minutes, but it's one of my favorite rides, and I didn't want to stick around long enough for a fastpass return time, because I was determined to see the other 2 parks before dinner at 7:00 PM.

DSC01170.jpg

As soon as I got inside the queue for the single riders at Test Track I noticed lots of purple... purple shirts... worn by a Brazilian tour group. Now, I have nothing against Brazilians, I'm not like that at all, but sometimes being stuck behind one of those groups can be kind of annoying. Especially when they are in the single rider line and refuse to be split up. -___-

When we got to the end of the queue right before we load into the cars, there was about 4 or 5 of the tourists holding up the line trying to go into the same car. The CM was not having it, but they seemed to either not understand, or they were just really stubborn, I don't really know. But while the CM was trying to help them about 3 or 4 car went by without the needed single riders in them because the line was held up. I felt bad for the CM, I'm sure this situation happens a lot, especially when it's crowded like in the summer months, but I still have no sympathy for the tour group because it very CLEARLY says before you get in line that the group will be split up, and there are CMs telling you this as well when you enter the line.

Eventually I got on Test Track, and since it's one of my favorite rides in Epcot it was definitely worth the wait. The only problem was that the wait time ended up being more like an hour than 40 min, and so I left Epcot immediately after for the Studios. If the Test Track line had moved quicker I was planning on going on Space Ship Earth, or maybe Mission Space depending on how long those lines were, but I really wanted to see the other parks that I hadn't been to in years. I ended up getting right on a bus to Hollywood Studios, it literally arrived at the bus stop the same time as I did.

DSC01179.jpg

When I got to Hollywood Studios, I actually didn't even go on any rides. The only rides I wanted to go on had long waits, and I really wanted to go to Animal Kingdom so I wouldn't be able to come back with a fastpass. It was fine though, I walked around and took some pictures, and watched some of the street performers before heading to Animal Kingdom. I wish I could have gone on Toy Story Mania, because it wasn't there last time I was at Hollywood Studios, but the wait time was 80 minutes and there was no way that was going to happen unless I could stay there longe.

DSC01175.jpg

On to Animal Kingdom!

DSC01184.jpg

By now I was getting tired. I was literally running at points during this day.. (to make buses and what not), which I figured was fine since I was by myself and didn't need to stay together with a group. But by 3 or 4 when I was at Animal Kingdom my legs started to feel it. Instead of running to rides like I had originally planned in my head, I walked leisurely through some of the shops, where I found this shirt:

DSC01186.jpg

Funny story about this shirt-- I took the picture so that I could get it next time I was there OR my boyfriend could get it when he goes in July. This was because like I've said, college student = no money, but it was such a cute shirt! So I thought the picture would have to do for now and I would get it eventually. Fast forward to 3 days ago-- My grandma called to tell me that while cleaning out her closet she found some Disney clothes, she was trying to downsize the clothes she had, so she wanted me to come over and see if I wanted any of them. When I got there she had a Wilderness Lodge sweatshirt from 2006, two MGM Studios sweatshirts (from when the park opened in 1989!) and the shirt I took a picture of above!

Anyways, after wandering through the shops I got in line for Kali River Rapids. The line wasn't that long, and I wanted to get wet and cool off, which is exactly what happened. Dinosaur was next, but after that I headed towards the exit to make sure I'd have time to shower/get ready for dinner.

Dinner was at Kona Cafe that night, which used to have my favorite entree in all of WDW. Last time I went, in 2006, they had the BEST prime rib, which is now unfortunately off the menu. I got the ribeye, which though not exactly the same was seasoned similar and it was good enough to make up for my favorite Disney meal being gone. We also got the sticky wings for an appetizer, which makes going to Kona Cafe worth it just for those.

After dinner we went back to the hotel room and crashed, we were both exhausted. Even though I really didn't do much in most of the parks I visited that day, it was still a lot of running around, I needed a rest.

Last day coming up soon~~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom