Panicking about FP+

ColdSun

Original Poster
So my 60-days-window is coming up this week and I'm alreaeyady "slightly" freaking out :eek::rolleyes:... As it is my first time dealing with FP+ I would like to know what to expect.
Are there any pictures of the interface? I guess I will first choose what park to visit on a given day and then what attraction and how many people I'd like to reserve FP+ for. But what about the availanble time slots? Will it show me all the available time slots for the chosen attraction on that particular day so that I can click on the time slot that suits me best? Or will the system give me the first available slot and I then I need to amend the reservation? Can I filter beforehand if I would like to book FP+ for morning/midday/evening?

Once again, I'm extremely glad for any help offered :cat:

Hayley In Wonderland

I went to WDW November and honestly, do not stress too much about FP+.

We cancelled a lot of ours on the day due to changing our minds on which parks we wanted to go to etc. The only FP+ we struggled with getting were the Pandora ones & Frozen (we didn't really care too much about this anyway), but depending on when you are going you might be okay, especially with TS opening at HS.

Just don't stress yourself too much about them, you'll be fine!

nickys

Premium Member
So my 60-days-window is coming up this week and I'm alreaeyady "slightly" freaking out :eek::rolleyes:... As it is my first time dealing with FP+ I would like to know what to expect.
Are there any pictures of the interface? I guess I will first choose what park to visit on a given day and then what attraction and how many people I'd like to reserve FP+ for. But what about the availanble time slots? Will it show me all the available time slots for the chosen attraction on that particular day so that I can click on the time slot that suits me best? Or will the system give me the first available slot and I then I need to amend the reservation? Can I filter beforehand if I would like to book FP+ for morning/midday/evening?

Once again, I'm extremely glad for any help offered :cat:

- Set up your party, so you can click on "select all" for each one (unless you are splitting up a lot). You can always change one or two later, it's much quicker than trying to pick out different people for each FP.

- Start with the hardest to get FPs, so FoP, 7dmt, FEA. If you can be flexible with days, you should be OK.

- You don't need to book all of one day's FP at once, you can pick and choose the days etc.

- You will be offered a selection of available times. Take the best fit, then if you use MODIFY, you can click on "show all times" and every available time will come up.

- I have a list of days with the FPs I want and rough times. Scribble down the actual times, (saves a lot of worry when you're trying to fathom out why it won't let you move an FP to 10:25, and then you realise you have one already for 9:30)!

Hayley In Wonderland

It's also worth mentioning that once you have used up your three FP+ for that day, you can still book and use more. However you can only have one FP+ at a time, so you can't book 3 more FP's in one go after you have used your first 3. I tended to use these for rides I wanted to ride earlier on the day but didn't want to queue for, or if I wanted to go on a ride for the second time and didn't want to queue for it again. If you don't get the FP+ you want straight away, keep going back and checking the app as one might become available right up until the day of the FP. Keep refreshing, this will be your saviour!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Booking the "high ticket" rides first is the BEST advice as at 60 days out, those will be the only ones you have to concern about availability for and, even at that, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you are not finding good options on the days towards the beginning of your trip, look at days towards the end of your trip as those days will be open to book for fewer people. Book the high priority rides first then go back to the other days and "backfill" as necessary.

This video shows the slightly updated interface (which allows you to choose times instead of Disney automatically "suggesting" times):

ColdSun

Original Poster
It actually went really well, thank you. Got everything I wanted for the days I wanted, including FoP :cool:. Had to switch the times up a bit on 2 days or so but no huge issue. So thanks again for your help, everybody :inlove:.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom