Pandora: World of Avatar attractions incident 3/29

GlacierGlacier

That thing crashes at least once per week right?
I wonder what part causes the whole issue?
Water rides aren't great for uptime. On top of that, it's a retrofit of a new system on an old system that had issues to begin with. (Why do you build a system that cannot hold all the water at the lowest point at once?)

It's also one of the more complex (mechanically) water rides of it's era. Forward, reverse, two falls, a lift, and other fun crazy things. Safety is paramount.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

And Flight of Passage has a relatively low downtime!

Tho, it may be because it has four theaters and they can stay open if one to three of the theaters is down.

@lentesta, do you have any data on estimated PPH for Flight of Passage that you can see would indicate a theater or two are down? For example if one day had only 75% capacity of a peak day, then we could presume that that day had a theater down.

GlacierGlacier

Tho, it may be because it has four theaters and they can stay open if one to three of the theaters is down.

@lentesta, do you have any data on estimated PPH for Flight of Passage that you can see would indicate a theater or two are down? For example if one day had only 75% capacity of a peak day, then we could presume that that day had a theater down.
This is one of my favorite ways that rides increase uptime and/or capacity. You'll see star tours only has a 6% downtime - that's what you get when you have so many independently operating "theaters."

It isn't as doable with dark rides, unfortunately. Does anyone know if Mr. Toads at MK would operate at partial capacity?

lentesta

Premium Member

Yeah, that would be a good indicator that one of the theaters is down.

Tom Morrow

Wait, are both sides operating again? I thought Echo shaft was going to be down for months.
Oh, right. I meant, aside from when one side isn't down for an extended refurb. If the refurb is currently happening, this is the first time either side will have been closed for longer than a few weeks in the ride's entire history.

Trackmaster

If I was there I would hang out in Pandora near the entrance to FoP. I feel waiting for FoP to get back online would be shorter than the actual line for the ride.

Nah, I'd imagine that they don't clear out the lines unless its going to be for the rest of the day. So on top of you wasting time waiting for it, you'd have to wait in line some too.

Trackmaster

I just stumbled onto this thread, FOP was not evacuated for a system failure! It was from a guest VAPING in the cue which is not allowed anyway! And this isn't the first time, vaping WILL cause the fire system to alarm. And because FOP and the river ride share the same building both are evacuated.

Hopefully the vaper was put on Disney's banned for life list.

Driver

Hopefully the vaper was put on Disney's banned for life list.
Unfortunately, as I said this isn't the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. I'm not a smoker ( never did) so I can't relate, but is the addiction so strong that you feel you can do as you please regardless how it may affect other people or what can happen. Like in this case shutting an attraction down, Reedy Creek responded that day as I was entering with an almost full bus. They past by me sirens blasting in the on coming traffic lane ( they have to assume it's a real emergency) . What if all this caused a collision and people got hurt, does the person who was vaping think it was worth it? 😳

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom