Pandora: World of Avatar attractions incident 3/29

Cmdr_Crimson

Who's responsible for this?!?!?

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
latest

GlacierGlacier

Rides get evac’d ALL the time. Why is this news-worthy?
Because FoP is the crown jewel of attractions in WDW right now. Once SWL opens, you bet your bottom we'll get threads every time RotR or SR goes down for even an hour.

"IS DISNEY'S STAR WARS LAND A TECHNICAL DISASTER???!!??"

"STAR WARS PARK AT DISNEY EVACUATES AFTER TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION!!!111!"

"DISNEY NEARLY KILLS DOZENS OF GUESTS ABOARD STAR WARS RIDE"

Epcot_Imagineer

I think there should be a thread discussing how commonplace the evac-ing of Avatar Land attractions is. This is the second time in a relatively recent timeframe that FoP was evacuated for the ride system overheating. I think it’d be interesting to determine the cause and discuss fixes. I believe I read something from one of the insiders about how the theaters in use are supposed to be rotated regularly to prevent this sort of thing.

I’m not saying we need an incident thread every-time this happens, but perhaps an “Overheating Avatar Land Watch Thread” or something like that.

GlacierGlacier

I think there should be a thread discussing how commonplace the evac-ing of Avatar Land attractions is. This is the second time in a relatively recent timeframe that FoP was evacuated for the ride system overheating. I think it’d be interesting to determine the cause and discuss fixes. I believe I read something from one of the insiders about how the theaters in use are supposed to be rotated regularly to prevent this sort of thing.

I’m not saying we need an incident thread every-time this happens, but perhaps an “Overheating Avatar Land Watch Thread” or something like that.
Every attraction closes often. Dinosaur, Splash Mountain, Everest, everything. Naturally, the newest and most advanced attractions will shut down more often.

It's amazing that these things work at all, if you look at every system inside them.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Who's responsible for this?!?!?

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
latest
Perhaps the people didnt "move around some more".

I always laugh because they have the technology to sync your brain with an Avatar hundreds of miles away, but the motion sensors in the testing area are so weak, that they require you to "move around" 15 times in order for it to detect you. lol.

shernernum

How many times a day did Pirates have a stop back before its most recent refurb? I think if the new trend is for there to be a thread every time a ride is evac'd it's going to start being difficult to keep track of actual news on this board.

Scuttle

They may be "lost" to you, but some of us still communicate with them and get valuable input but have no desire to gain popularity by reposting what they share. We care about Disney more than social media influence.

Content is content. Whether it's aerial photos (@Scuttle is the O.G.), numbers charts and graphs (@ParentsOf4), or P&R info. Neither of my posts that you quoted had anything to do with Bioreconstruct, but it was about the people who have the odd desire to re-post the info in an effort to gain value as an influencer. Perhaps you were jealous that they beat you to the punch and your daily "contribution" was limited to challenging Martin.
I miss the pre-Twitter/drone aerial photo days. Some of my finest times flying were those trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom