Rumor 'Pandora: The World Of Avatar' coming to Shanghai?

IMDREW

I think it would be a great addition to the park. But soarin next to flight of passage seems a little much? Although soarin is so popular it constantly gets waits skyhigh, so based on that flight of passage would be a sure hit!

ThemeParkTraveller

Avatar was such a huge hit in China that I'm sure Pandora will be added even if the sequel doesn't break box office records again. But if they are waiting to announce at D23 2021, that would mean an opening around 2025. Hopefully, there are other major projects planned to open at SDL before then.

BrianLo

Alaine’s Analysis of placement is weird. The square footage he keeps citing includes an expansion pad and sizeable amount of dead space... not to mention Navi River Journey’s queue.

The front pad he keeps citing is for a hotel. They aren’t going to change that eventuality. Gate hotels command big $$$ and SDL is still ripe with room.

D231016

Alaine’s Analysis of placement is weird. The square footage he keeps citing includes an expansion pad and sizeable amount of dead space... not to mention Navi River Journey’s queue.

The front pad he keeps citing is for a hotel. They aren’t going to change that eventuality. Gate hotels command big $$$ and SDL is still ripe with room.
Yes, the gate hotel should happen very soon, as far as I know.
Considering the size, the only expansion pads that Pandora can choose are the backstage area behind fandango theater and the firework launching area, the latter one will definitely fit but I doubt it would happen. And the backstage area behind fandango theater consists the central kitchen building, security center building, and the reservoir. To utilize this pad SDL might need to relocate some of those structures, but it seems to me that it's the most ideal position for Pandora.

ThemeParkTraveller

This year, I hope. SDR already found a contractor for a "project sting" back in June, they never announce what it is, but given it's $83 million budget, there's a good chance "project sting" is the new themed land.

That budget seems too low for Disney to build even a major attraction these days, let alone a new land. Even something as small-scale as Toy Story Land at DHS had a budget of $250 million.

D231016

Do the contract bids usually include the full final price of projects? Or could it be 83 million just be what they are paying the construction company for labour or what not.
83mil covers the constructions would be my guess too. The bidding website doesn't disclose much details for none contractors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom