Pandora Opening Day Planning

kinghenry

What time do you think one should get there to be towards the front of the line?
How do you think crowds will be?
Do you think James Cameron will be there in attendance?
Will they close off that section of the park to restrict guest flow, like of they did with Diagon?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What time do you think one should get there to be towards the front of the line?
How do you think crowds will be?
Do you think James Cameron will be there in attendance?
Will they close off that section of the park to restrict guest flow, like of they did with Diagon?
This may be better suited to the trip planning forum, but I'd get there the night before and try and sleep in your car.

If you really want to attempt opening day.

Upvote 0

djkidkaz

It will be awful. The only reason people go to an opening day of a new land / attraction is just to say they were there on opening day and be a part of the experience. It's going to be hot and crowded with super long waits, crying babies and floating mountains.

Upvote 0

Cookie Galore

We're arriving at Disney World on the day after Pandora opens. This trip was planned before the opening was announced so it's really just coincidence. We're looking forward to seeing Pandora and while we are excited, we're also being realistic. We don't have high expectations for being able to see everything. We expect it to be mobbed. We know we won't be able to move around freely. We expect to be hot. We're going in with the attitude that we'll leave as soon as it's not fun anymore ( which could be several minutes or several hours). We'll go back when things calm down. My advice- (1) know that you won't get to do and see everything, (2) don't make promises to children about what they can do, it might not work out, (3) have an ADR elsewhere in the park for a few hours after your arrival so that you can cool off, regroup, and recharge, (4) take advantage of Fastpass and get at least two in other parts of the park so that you can definitely do at least two attractions with minimal wait.

Wishing you a great experience!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Trust me, you do not even want to waste your time. Weather wise, idk it it will be hot yet. The weather has been unseasonably mild the last few weeks. In terms of crowds, as someone suggested a 5am arrival is not too far off. Understand that just because you get there early does not guarantee you will at the front, people will have fp, and im positive others will get ahead too before the general public.

If you are staying on property why not do emhs?

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

This what I expect...
112114_IndianaJones_TohtFaceMelt.gif

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We check in a few days after opening and will be at DAK two days. We have fp for each attraction on different days. We are hoping that if its insanely crowded at DAK that it will be lighter crowds at the other parks. We will be at Uni when the grand reveal happens so hoping that Uni will be a little less crowded, but not holding my breath.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom