Pandora... my experience and thoughts.

DABIGCHEEZ

Original Poster
Having just returned from a week in the World... I have some thoughts on Pandora.

1) Walking into Pandora in late morning... I have to admit the views and scenery throughout Pandora was very impressive.
2) During our trip planning, we were only able to snag FPs for Navi River Journey at the 60 day mark. Having seen the video of this ride online I wasn't expecting much in the way of excitement but the AA Navi looked pretty impressive. Now imagine my frustration when we rode it this past Tuesday only to find a darn video Navi in place of the AA!!! And to think that the only thing remotely worth waiting in line for is the AA... it was a BIG disappointment. I honestly don't think I will ever need to go on this ride ever again.
3) Now as far as the Flight of Passage... the wait times were anywhere from up to 4hrs during our day at AK. No way I was waiting more than 2 hrs. So as we were sitting in the theater waiting for ROL to begin, my son and I (on the recommendation of another guest we were talking to that said " you need to go on it!"), headed over to Pandora to wait in the posted 2.5 hr wait. My wife and daughters stayed to watch ROL and all enjoyed it gave it 2 thumbs up! Anyway, the posted 2.5 hr wait was only actually 1.5 hrs... something I found pretty frequent on this trip was that posted wait times were somewhat inflated on many(not all) attractions. After going through the pre-ride Navi-linking and explanations, I honestly was a bit concerned about if I would be too restricted on the "banshee" to ride. Once on the banshee and "locked" in the seat and feet restraints... I was glad to still be comfortable and not too restrained.
On with the flight...I have to say it was an absolutely amazing ride. My son(18) and I were very impressed and were like this is the best ride of this type in Orlando.
4) Now with EMH started, my wife and daughters found out that only Pandora was open for night EMHs... so they were heading over to meet us. I told them they should really try it and we all waited on line again(about 1.5 hrs) again. My wife ended up chickening out after trying the banshee restraints but being uncomfortable. My daughters(12 and 16) loved it and said it was very good. My son and I, both came to the conclusion that while it is a fantastic ride, it probably is only a once a trip ride as the second time was slightly less thrilling as we knew what to expect...perhaps if they had different Flights that would change. So in our opinions, ride repeatability is nowhere near an Everest, TOT, RnRC, or any Mtn.
5) Pandora at night... we all said it was still very dark and we thought things would be lit up more then it was given all the "bioluminescence" that was discussed. Kind of underwhelmed in this regard for us.

Disclaimer: These are my/our thoughts on our experience in Pandora. You may agree. You may not. And both are fine.

NeedMoreMickey

We also were a little disappointed with Pandora at night thought it was better during the day when we could see things. It was raining most of the days we were at AK so looking forward to seeing it in the sunshine.

Rode the river ride don't need to ride it again. The wait was posted for 40 or 50 minutes turned out to be 90 and that ride isn't worth 90 minutes.
Rode FOP twice and enjoyed it more the second time. Everything wasn't a surprise so could take time and look at smaller details that missed the first time.

I do wish we had tried some of the food but my group is so boring when it comes to eating in WDW that we didn't this trip but I will next time.

DABIGCHEEZ

Original Poster
The Na'vi AA was broken and a screen was put in place? Do you have a picture? I am a little bit worried but not at all surprised.
Yes there was a video in front of it. Sorry, but didn't even think of taking a picture.

becca_

Haven't yet heard of the NRJ AA being down. I rode yesterday mid day and it was up and running, looking fantastic as usual.
FWIW, I was reading on the disboards that another member experienced this as well.

"Recently returned from WDW and the only real disappointment I had from anything in Pandora was the final scene of Navi River Journey. There was no audio animatronic at the end.

The shaman of songs was on a screen instead. Don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful attraction and I'd do it again, but after hearing how impressive the animatronic was I just found this to be anti-climatic.

I tried searching online a little bit, but didn't find anything about when the AA was pulled for a screen, and if this was to be expected going forward."

Very weird replacement for B mode if you ask me :p
Where is disco Shaman???

disneygeek90

FWIW, I was reading on the disboards that another member experienced this as well.

"Recently returned from WDW and the only real disappointment I had from anything in Pandora was the final scene of Navi River Journey. There was no audio animatronic at the end.

The shaman of songs was on a screen instead. Don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful attraction and I'd do it again, but after hearing how impressive the animatronic was I just found this to be anti-climatic.

I tried searching online a little bit, but didn't find anything about when the AA was pulled for a screen, and if this was to be expected going forward."

Very weird replacement for B mode if you ask me :p
Where is disco Shaman???
Hmm, I would be interested in seeing what that looked like! At least we know it was up and running yesterday.

DABIGCHEEZ

Original Poster
Hmm, I would be interested in seeing what that looked like! At least we know it was up and running yesterday.
It was just as I said... a video of the Shaman chanting and moving on a larger video screen that was placed in front of where the Shaman sits. I think there was something I would describe as a see-through curtain around the whole Shaman area making it to appear as not a clear video playing.(kind of like what they did with some of the scenes in the GMR and on COP.)

We didn't have any extra time/days to check it again... but glad it was working yesterday. Would love to know what exactly was going on though.

DABIGCHEEZ

Original Poster
I did find out that this is in fact the Plan B(for right now at least) when the Shaman goes down for a nap. Apparently it was fixed rather quickly(within a day). I do not know if the video replacement was only used due to it being a short term repair or if that will be the Plan B if a more time consuming problem happens. Guess I will have to be happy with the video of the actual Shaman I saw on youtube as there is no need to wait more then 10 minutes for this ride on future trips.

danyoung56

It can be seen as a good thing that Disney built in a B mode for the shaiman. On the other had, it's really a bad thing that Disney built in a B mode for shaiman.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom