Pandora Drum Circle Replacement/Change in development

Prototype82

Original Poster
I went to the Pandoran drum circle last Friday the 26th and noticed the drum surfaces were fully repaired and in perfect condition. I've seen them repaired before so I thought nothing of this. In hopes of seeing the show, I asked a merch cart cast member when I should expect the show to begin. Apparently it's no longer running and a new show is being worked on. I have a feeling this has to do with the wear and tear of the drums. It might be a new drum show, it might not. But the drum circle is staying. Here's hoping it's something high-energy and musical as the circle was my favorite live show at AK.

Last edited:

Prototype82

Original Poster
I read on Blog Mickey that cast members are saying an opening of late February.

I wonder if this has to do with show ratings or the wear and tear on the drum surfaces? It looks like we've been seeing a lot of adjustment to the live entertainment in the park as of late and it's scaring me a tad bit... Animal Kingdom's current line up, to me, is part of what makes the park's environment so great.

Last edited:

Magic Feather

I read on Blog Mickey that cast members are saying an opening of late February.

I wonder if this has to do with show ratings or the wear and tear on the drum surfaces? It looks like we've been seeing a lot of adjustment to the live entertainment in the park as of late and it's scaring me a tad bit... Animal Kingdom's current line up, to me, is part of what makes the park's environment so great.
IIRC, low ratings and the fact that it never really “clicked” were the main reasons it was pulled.

Prototype82

Original Poster
Part of the reason is due to space surrounding the drum stage and guests are on a mission to get and from the attractions instead of enjoying the ambience of the area. In due time, the live entertainment will take on a new meaning.
It's just interesting. I couldn't imagine a show working anywhere else. Unless their idea is to leave performers up on the stage and not in the space below. I'm just scratching my head.

ABQ

Watched a night time performance and found it darn cool. Sure, it ma be tough for people to connect to it is, as I think many just don't want to buy into the whole foreign moon location, but still, it was entertaining and the performers sure work their butts off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom